• PitViper

Votes: 5 8.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Keith Lake

420 Emeritus
420 Staff
Nug-Month_new.jpg

We are now accepting nominations for the Nug of the Month contest.

Please submit a photo of your best nug (there is a separate contest thread for plants.) The nug must be your own, either purchased or grown. Optionally, we'd love to hear about the strain, taste, aroma, potency, effect, weight or any other frosty details that you're willing to share.

Once all nominations are in, we will begin voting for a winner. The contest will be open through the last day of the month.

Each first place winner will receive 50 extra rep points and the title "Nug of the Month Winner". Second and third place winners receive 25 and 10 points respectively. Monthly first place winners are automatically eligible for our prestigious "Nug of the Year" contest; to be held in January.

Also, submit your best high resolution photos to photos@420magazine.com for publication in 420 Magazine's print edition.

Rules:

1. Contest entries must be original photos of your own nug. The nug photo may include several nugs or a cola.

2. Entries must include ONLY photos of the nug. But you may add one photo as a reference point for size or a closeup/macro.

3. Maximum of two photos per member. Updating photos throughout the month is not allowed.

4. Remember to upload your photo through our Photo Gallery before posting it on this thread.
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

5. Nugs must be "dry" and in "ready to smoke" form.

6. Self-nominations only.

7. Competition is open to the first 25 entries.

Consolidated entried for October

Andy Botwin
Champagne_4.jpg

Champagne_3.jpg

HazeSeeker
62563502he3.jpg

Ms. chump stain
P1060520a.JPG

P1060501a.JPG

Irish
strawberry_box.jpg

strawberry_nug.jpg

Dweeden420
100_3768a.jpg

100_3794a.jpg

Waikinbaik
100_3729_2_.jpg

Fappe
slh_18_10_09_006.jpg

slh_18_10_09_011.jpg

munki
NugoftheMonth2.jpg

NugoftheMonth1.jpg

Hightide805
DSC015934.JPG

DSC015944.JPG

spike69
HPIM1738_690x460_.jpg

HPIM1728_640x480_.jpg

DVSmofo
Ethernal-WW3.jpg

newsisnoise
m_0202.jpg

killerbud1
Purp7.jpg

PitViper
BB_nugs1.jpg

BB_nugs.jpg

All great weed everybody! The best looking in my eyes is the homegrown from Ms. Chump Stain! Amazing job, and remarkable if that is really your first grow. I especially like Hazeseeker's buds too...I think the grower could have waited a bit longer (though pics can be deceiving so I admit I could be dead wrong) but otherwise they look spectacular. From the look I imagine they have a piney/fruity/petrol type smell...if that even makes sense, which it probably doesn't :ganjamon:

Well, since I don't have a macro and can't get closer than 3 ft, this is about all the detail I can give you in a photo.

strawberry_box.jpg

strawberry_nug.jpg

This is a Strawberry Kush cross. There is nothing fluffy about these buds--they are as dense and heavy as they can get--and this is the average size of most buds taken from the plant. (my friend's hand is HUGE since it's attached to a 6'4" monster guy) Just loaded with trichomes, if you look really close you can see their glimmer and spark, and if you break open the bud it is entirely frosty. Taste is sweet and very rich, a smooth smoke but it'll get you hacking your lungs out if you get greedy toking. A happy, almost instant high that threatens couch lock but sends you to the fridge first. *LOL* Lasts about 3 hours.

Oh yeah....I grew this.

This is a portion of the Tatanka and Red Diesel Outdoor Grow 2009. The Tatanka produced about 7 ounces total and the Diesel isn't all manicured yet. The Tatanka is a cross between White Widow and Big Bud and due to our rainy summer, mold started to become a slight issue so we harvested third week of September. The Diesel went into October.

JUST BEFORE MANICURE
100_3768a.jpg

JUST AFTER

100_3794a.jpg

As winter approaches, 420 Magazine is busy behind the scenes preparing to relaunch the print version of our magazine. These are exciting time for all of us on staff and we'd like to share the rush with our wonderful family of members.

We have the best Cannabis content on the net and now wish to showcase the best work of our most accomplished growers. Help us climb to the top cola position among 420 print magazine publishers.

We are now accepting high resolution photo submittals of your best work; whether nugs or plants. Please send your personally owned high resolution pictures (at least 2-5 MB up to 35-50 MB in .JPG, .RAW, .TIF, file formats) to photos@420magazine.com, or by snail mail to PO Box 420 Hollywood, CA 90078. Please include all the sticky particulars such as your name or handle, city and/or state, strain name, effects of the high, weight, etc. Our content approval committee will select the creme de la creme for publication.

Best wishes to all candidates; we hope we all get to see your photos published in 420 Magazine the print edition.

Disclaimer: By submitting a photo(s) the sender acknowledges full release of their photo for the intent of print publication. No compensation has been implied or offered.

Wow, I bow to the growers of some of these submissions! :adore::adore::adore:

Anywho, I might as well submit a nug from the September Plant of the Month winner so here it is. I do need to get a better photo booth! The prop is for size comparison only of course.

NugoftheMonth2.jpg

NugoftheMonth1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom