4wks into flowering.*sigh*

WidowGrower

Ok guys and gals...here's the rundown:

Strain - white widow dominate
Grow Type - Pro-Mix BX soil
Grow Stage - flower
Bucket Size - 1 Gallon
Lights - (1) 1000 Watt superHPS on 4ft track
Nutrients - General Hydroponics system (FloraGro, MicroGro, + FloraBloom) recommended schedule
RH - 40% to 47%
CO2 - 1500 ppm
Room Temperature - 72-80(night) ; 85-88(day)
Solution Temperature - room temp

So I'm 4wks into flowering...everything going well right?? WRONG. I began noticing bud formation wasn't happening the way it was supposed to on the main colas around week 3. I chalked it up to the fact that half of my grow was stressed fairly bad while they were vegging (I nursed them back thankfully) and was reflecting that. I happened to check my temps and humidity levels during their dark cycle the other day and noticed a light leak:thedoubletake: *sigh* so here i am 4wks into flowering and now they're in this weird vegging-flower state. I have plenty of bud formation but almost no main buds on the colas... they're doing this strange banana-boat leaf thing right now...like i said..they seem to be in a weird vegging-flowering state. So my question is:

1. Obviously fixing the light-leak issue, will they still beef up after flowering them an extra 2-3 wks or so??
2. Will they survive that long TO flower an extra 2-wks??

Thanks for any suggestions!

MB

Re: 4wks into flowering...*sigh*

I'm thinking that yes, the plants will beef up and go back into full flowering mode with a proper flowering light cycle, but it might take even longer than an extra 2-3 weeks -- maybe even 4 to 6 weeks, since they've already been thrown off and confused by the light leak.

1. They will be confused, but should recover once you fix the light leak issue. This is why they aren't flowering properly. They are going back into veg stage. You gotta reign them in. Be thankful they haven't hermied on ya.

2. What's TO? Them going back to veg is going to really set you back for sure. If you fix the light leak and go to a firm 12/12 they should flower properly, but you are going to have to allow more time to mature. Do you have a microscope to look at the trichs?

Alapoet:

Thanks for the advice! I was just a little nervous because I know 8-10wks is normally the lifespan of the plant once its started flowering. So here I am HALFWAY thinking i was gonna loose the whole flock! That's good to know!

Ms. Fox:

Hey, I was SURE to check for hermies....thank god none! The trichs are still very clear and haven't gone milky or colored yet. I was just emphasising "TO" when i said that :p sorry to have caused any confusion, but I just wasn't sure the plants would survive that long to correct my issue.

Just another quick question...do you guys think the LED lights on my dehumidifier would affect the flower stage?? I just happened to see that could also be a possible reason for extra light being in the bloom room so I took the precaution of covering the LED panel up also. Let me know what you guys think.

MB

Everyone's right it will take longer to build up the hormone levels to finish. I,d give 24 hrs darkness,rest and flow hormones If this is a commercial grow you might not have very tight buds but it will make excellent hash.

do you guys think the LED lights on my dehumidifier would affect the flower stage??
MB

Not a bit, but covering with a piece of black electrical tape would suffice if u still favor being cautious. Done it time and time again, no problems yet. :rollit:

Back
Top Bottom