4x2 Tent 1000w HPS 188cfm fan

Quackerking

Too much heat? 2x4x7 tent 6" C.A.P. XXXtreme hood. I have another inline 188cfm fan and a another intake fan I could use.

LMK what you guys think

When I put my 1k in my 4x2 tent I used a 4" 440cfm and it stayed at around 88-90 it also hurt my plants because my tent was only 5ft tall it started bleaching

Too much heat? 2x4x7 tent 6" C.A.P. XXXtreme hood. I have another inline 188cfm fan and a another intake fan I could use.

LMK what you guys think

Yes, that will be too much heat. 400 watts would be enough to light that area since tents are totally reflective.

I wouldn't spend the money on an LED. You can get much better results, at less cost with HID.

Thanks guys, that's what I figured. So instead of making a tent in my shower, I decided to use the whole entire room. However,this brought up a vent issue.

My prior space was 2x4x7 ft. 56 cubic ft, so I needed at least a 168cfm fan.

Now my space is 7.5 x 5 x 7 ft. 262.5 cubic ft. So now I need at least 787cfm.

Can I hook up two fans like this? Or do I have to get one fan that is over 787cfm?

Room_Ventilation.png

With that type of set-up, one good inline fan will work to cool the hood. The trick is to have enough passive venting for incoming air. And of course the air you're drawing in has to be cooler than the air in your grow room.

Your other option would be ducting your hood separately from your grow space. Then exhausting your room with another fan. I like this set-up because it allows room ventilation 24 hours a day vs no exhausting when the lights are off.

Either way you should be good with that size space, just keep that 1000 watter high.

This might be a stupid question but I was planning on running the fan through the hood 24/7. That doesn't work? Or is it a necessity to have them both on same circuit in case fan blows? If that's the case, I ran a 220 line for my ballast, but my fans are 110. Is there a way that can work on the same circuit?

Was this more along the lines of what you are saying is best?

Room_Ventilation1.png

This might be a stupid question but I was planning on running the fan through the hood 24/7. That doesn't work? Or is it a necessity to have them both on same circuit in case fan blows? If that's the case, I ran a 220 line for my ballast, but my fans are 110. Is there a way that can work on the same circuit?

Was this more along the lines of what you are saying is best?

Room_Ventilation1.png

No such thing as a stupid question :thumb: 24/7 through the hood would work just fine. I'm not sure why I didn't assume that was the plan, lol.

The design is close to what I was suggesting, except the hood fan would blow from outside the room, through ducting, to the hood. That eliminates having to use a carbon filter for hood cooling as no grow room air is used to cool it.

Ahhh I gotcha. I don't have the luxury of having a place I can draw air to pull it through the hood since I'm ditching my tent and using the entire bathroom. The only source of air I could use would be the attic, and that would be 100+ degree air going through.

Plans are starting to come together, I just want to have everything perfectly laid out before I start putting holes and ripping shit apart. Also planning for future expansion possibilities.

Do I really need a 800cfm fan? or would a 440 be sufficient? I dont even think they make 800cfm fans in 6".....

Thanks for your input

You could always go with 2x 400Cfm fans...one on the lights, and one on a speed controller. the speed controller one stays on 24/7 and can be adjusted to room temp. The other fires up with lights..

Long story, I'm changing my setup to a 4.5x4.5x7 tent.

Which is better? I live in a hot desert climate where summers get 110 degrees FYI.

Through_The_Lights.png

Room_Ventilation3.png

Through_The_Lights1.png

Back
Top Bottom