4x4x7 tent - 3 or 4 plants SCROG - 600watt or 1000w?

vangs

this is my first scrog method grow. im gunna have 3 or 4 plants in a 4x4 tent... i know that the taller the plant the higher watt bulb is needed to penetrate the bottom of the plant, but since i am doing a scrog grow and plan on setting up a net where the buds will be evenly over it so my questions are ....

Q- will a 600w bulb be enough light to produce large colas threw out the whole 4x4 net since the light doesnt need to go under the canopy???

Because i know that a 1000w is recommended for a 4x4 footprint. but im assuming thats because it has to reach the bottom of the plants in the whole 4x4 area. and since this is a scrog method, the light only needs to penetrate the canopy soo would a 600w be enough light?

Q- Also, if a 600w bulb is enough, am i more likely to get a bigger yield if i use a 1000w. is it garenteed that the more watts you use in a grow even if its overkil the more yield that your gunna get? or is a plant only gunna produce a certain yield regardless of if i use more lighting than needed.

I recommend you just go for the 1000w with a digital ballast so you can dim it down to 600w if you wanted to, and try the 1000w as well.

I'd say you can get a bigger yield with the 1k however the 600w is still going to do a great job.

Considering your in a 4x4 and will scrog it is possible you use the entire 4x4 area where a 1000w would give the advantage, however if your growing on like a 3x3 tray then the 600w is okay.

If you're only doing 3-4 plants either light will do. Check us out if you'd like, we have some solid grow lights and I can help or answer any questions along the way ;)

If you already have a 600w, I would possibly throw in a dimmable 600w so you get a better "optimum lighting" spread on the scrog, as well as if you have air cooled lights, you will be able to get your lights closer to the plants for more intensity. Another option would be to keep the 600w and throw in a 400w CMH or MH to give more light spread, and give you a more full spectrum.

Overall I have seen some amazing buds grown in 4x4 tents with just a 600w so I think you will be alright with what you have, but if your going to purchase something, take my thoughts into consideration :)

If you already have a 600w, I would possibly throw in a dimmable 600w so you get a better "optimum lighting" spread on the scrog, as well as if you have air cooled lights, you will be able to get your lights closer to the plants for more intensity. Another option would be to keep the 600w and throw in a 400w CMH or MH to give more light spread, and give you a more full spectrum.

Overall I have seen some amazing buds grown in 4x4 tents with just a 600w so I think you will be alright with what you have, but if your going to purchase something, take my thoughts into consideration :)

i know this has nothing to do with my post, but im new to the site and cant figure out how to do alot of things on the forum, one of them being able to message other members so i figured this would be the only way.. i went threw one of your journals from start to finish and noticed you got a ceramic metal halide. the jx13-holy grail kush grow, dated 12-16-2011 day 38 of flower.... how did that bulb work out for you? it gave off a much whiter spectrum from the pictures i saw compared to your hps bulb... did you decide to switch to that bulb for flowering from then on? do u recommend it? did you see any differences from using that bulb, good differences.

Back
Top Bottom