5 week autoflower not showing any signs of sex.

KSum

I've got a +Speed feminized auto 5 weeks from germination and it's not showing any signs of sex. It's supposed to be a strain that goes from germination to harvest in 7 weeks. I'm sure that's marketing hype and happened once under just the right conditions, but I thought it would have shown something by now.

I've got little choice but to wait it out, but I wondered if this has happened to anyone else. This is my first time using autos and I'm thinking it's not the best idea for my situation.

Autos are the fastest there is from seed to harvest. You might have gotten a regular seed. I buy my autos from Nirvana, they all start flowering at around week 3-4. Maybe give it another week. If no hairs are showing you can always go 12/12 on the lighting and hope it's not a male. I'd go for a well known species from a well known breeder.

I've been getting mine from what seems like a reputable site. I've had a few duds from them and they refer me to the breeder for that. Otherwise what they've sent me so far has been what they said it was. I'll give it a little more time and see what she does.

I know, right?

With this particular seed bank they claim most of their autos are 7-10 weeks from seed to harvest. They also say that data comes from the breeders, so...

Either way, I think I'll let these autos do their thing and then go back to photoperiod. It's going to be almost as fast or faster to maintain some mothers and grow out clones.

HA!
These things grow so fast in hydro!!! I just took a look at her and I'm seeing some white hairs emerging, so I guess she's on her way. :)

LOL!

All in 5 hours? Crazy!

Yeah, I checked this morning and then wrote the post about an hour later. Now there's little tiny white hairs emerging. They are at that point where they are growing 1-2 inches a day. It's really crazy coming in after not seeing them for 12 hours and they've grown so much.

LOVING HYDRO!

DSC9402.JPG

DSC9403.JPG

This is another auto that I snipped Monday. It's bouncing back pretty quickly and the new shoots have grown an inch overnight.
DSC9404.JPG

I've read that autos do better with an 18/6 light cycle rather than 12/12. So I'll keep the autos in the veg room, which is currently running 2 600W HPS lights turned down to 75% to save a little on the electric bill.

Back
Top Bottom