5 x Strains All Soil First Medi Grow Whoa!

BlazinUSA

So first some specs and pics:

Strains:
  1. Laughing Buddha:
    Feminized
    90/10 sativa dominant
    Thai/Jamaican genetics
    11 week flowering
    18% thc
  2. Blackberry
    Feminized
    Indica/Sativa hybrid
    9-11 week flowering
  3. Ceres Skunk
    Feminized
    Indica/Sativa
    55-60 day flowering
  4. Jack Herer
    Feminized
    Sativa dominant hybrid
    50-70 day flowering
  5. Super Lemon Haze
    Feminized
    22.9% thc
    Lemon Skunk x Super Silver Haze
    9 - 10 week flowering
Alright so i have some clones and a mother of the laughing Buddha already happening. And 1 have 1 seed if each of the others, really hoping for 100% germination they've been goin bout 24 hours now in a wet towel. I got the clones under a combo of cool and warm 40 watt fluros.
The mother is under a 400w mh and has been going strong from clone for about 1 month.

Soil: As of right now i have some pro mix 360 mixed by a buddy with some add some that has like 56 some trace elements or something.
I am going to invest in some organic soil soon but have limited options with only 1 grow store in my area.
I know for sure they have fox farm and a couple others but would like to know how much npk is really the best to start out with. I know i need more nitrogen or equal amounts of the p and k but id like to be specific. Suggestions?

Current Problems: My mother recently developed a bit of what i believe to be a ph problem, which makes sense considering even my cheap single soil testers say its alkaline and my water and 3x drop solution also indicating the water i have been using is alkaline as well.
In order to correct this i already added a bit of apple cider vinegar 2 1 gallon of distilled water and it seems to be working.

Just got a thermometer/humidity unit so ill update with that soon.
Got 2 buy:
a digi ph and ppm tester.
Pests:
A few fly's and Asian beetles (resembling lady bugs)

Watering and Nutrients:
Up until recently i was using my own tap water mixed with the suggested amount of General Hydro 3 part on the feeding chart for vegetative growth, only when the soil was moderately/very dry.
Now that i have noticed what i do not believe is nute burn but like i said a ph problem i have used 0 nutes and just distilled water until i found out 2 use a little bit of apple cider vinegar.

About how much General Hydro nutrients should my clones be getting now they've rooted and all have had 1 or 2 regular waterings if any? Also i will be purchasing some of gh's subculture m and b,Ive heard 1/4 of suggested strength. And i already opted out of nutrients to the mother until i can get up to town tonight and get my probe soil ph tester at least.

Um i think that's enough info for now but i will be updating on this tonight with the ph and very regularly and here is some pics.

IMAG02055.JPG

IMAG02044.JPG

IMAG01993.JPG

IMAG01983.JPG

IMAG02005.JPG

IMAG01974.JPG

IMAG02035.JPG

IMAG02015.JPG

:tokin:

Re: 5x strains all soil First Medi Grow Whoa!!

Well i guess all is well or at least as far as i can tell.
Just got done checking the soil ph with the new soil meter and it reads like 6.5 after adding that apple cider vinegar, will definitely monitor closely from now on.
Also got a decent water ph test from GH with the up and down in the bag with it.
Still no more nutrients yet waiting for the soil to dry out.
Also bought a root drench much similar to that of the m and b mixture by GH considering it was pretty price for the both of them and came in a rather large quantity. I think the name of the stuff i bought is like Roots Organics or something. Will definetly be tryin that out on the clones with the next watering.
Oh ya almost forgot humidity is super low like 20ish%, in answer to that monstrosity i purchased a cheap warm mist humidifier and got it cranking and will check again tomorrow.
Temps is at 73 and i think I'm happy with that, running a heater so if warmer is needed i can make adjustments.
Um, added some reflective insulation stuff.
Pics tomorrow.

K got a decent update today :)

The mother seems to be doing wonderfully apart from what looks to be a bug had its way with one fan leave, will be investigating.
The older clones are leaping and bounding now, with visible growth daily, the 2 that have been fim'd are doing something different for sure :) excited to see in a week or so.
Um, the seeds were 100% success 4/4 and are now in dirt, but, no signs of growth just yet this would be day 3 in dirt so in due time im sure.
A few of the clones and all 4 seedlings just got a very small dose of roots organics root drench, probably only 1/4 strength of recommended.
Oh, my humidity is super friggin low and i really need help with it, i have humidifier going now 24/7 and added some hydroton to the bottom of the container the mother sits in and still only made it up to like 22%???!!!???

Also how true is the whole thing about doubling size when going into flowering? I think i may need to be thinking about height restrictions and such pretty soon if this is the case?
IMAG02036.JPG

IMAG02025.JPG

IMAG02016.JPG

IMAG02006.JPG

IMAG01994.JPG

IMAG01984.JPG

IMAG01975.JPG

Hey Blazin,

The plants are looking nice. Your concerns about height restrictions are warranted and I think should be given serious thought.

On any note brother, looks really good! I'll be around!

Hey Blazin,

The plants are looking nice. Your concerns about height restrictions are warranted and I think should be given serious thought.

On any note brother, looks really good! I'll be around!

After pondering it throughout the day, i am positive that i have enough room to continue upward but what really concerns me is spreading my poor little 400 watt lights out too far as i go upward. Has anyone ever experimented with going into budding as quickly as like 2-3 weeks after clones get roots? I read a bit about doing it like that for sog but i got this 1 big girl and several little gals, id hate to just flower the big 1 and nothing else. Suppose i could bud the little 1's with her and get some more clones off before hand....also whats this i hear about taking clones a bit into budding? why?

Dec 20th. Did all the prep work for the mother buddah to start budding with her bad self! I am confident in the clones now and think i see a different mother so i will let them all get to decent size before picking a mother to keep the strain around and budding the remaining. Still no sprout-lings outta the 4 germinated seeds. finally got temp to stabalize and set the 1 large plant on top of some hydroton and added water to it so it evaporates and creates humidity considering even my humidifier wont get it up above 20%.
Getting into the transition to flowering nutes as soon as she drys out, i think im goona only go half strength and work my way slowly with nutes only every other water to test the limits.

Hello
nice start,I find that they about 3x bigger in bud, the light try putting it in a cool tube you can get it with in 2 inches of the plant, also I find that the stretch is more with the HPS so use MH for the 1st week of flower and this will cut the stretch,then go to the HPS. I going to pull up a chair.
br

Blazin,
You take clones into budding to get an effect some people call "supercropping".
The clones root, then regenerate growth back through the buds.
The plants become very full and lush this way with close branching and a lot of clones available for cutting or just a LOT of budding sites. I never liked this as they end up with alot of spindly weak branches. just my opinion though. I say flower them as they are at least you will get to see what they are and you can re-veg them by leaving a few buds on them, switching the light to 18-6 and feeding them veg nutes.

Hello
nice start,I find that they about 3x bigger in bud, the light try putting it in a cool tube you can get it with in 2 inches of the plant, also I find that the stretch is more with the HPS so use MH for the 1st week of flower and this will cut the stretch,then go to the HPS. I going to pull up a chair.
br

damn alright, i wont have the option to be switching to an hps this go around, gotta wait til tax time to purchase what i really want. Which is a 1000 in a cool tube. The lights are a bit far away atm due to my inexperience, and thought that they were too close, when the tips started browning a bit, the lights comin back down a bit today. Thanks and we be talkin 2 ya

Blazin,
You take clones into budding to get an effect some people call "supercropping".
The clones root, then regenerate growth back through the buds.
The plants become very full and lush this way with close branching and a lot of clones available for cutting or just a LOT of budding sites. I never liked this as they end up with alot of spindly weak branches. just my opinion though. I say flower them as they are at least you will get to see what they are and you can re-veg them by leaving a few buds on them, switching the light to 18-6 and feeding them veg nutes.

That all makes sense for sure. Seems like alot more trouble then its worth, i think i am going to let the 1 mother bud out now and wait for her babies to head northward. When time comes to clone again i will have much more to choose from and might try gettin away with my whole room full just once, with clones all over the floor 2 weeks after they get roots and bud em. If its true they say you will double or even triple plant size during budding that would mean a little 6 inch guy would turn into basically a 10-14 inch cola, get about 100 of them? seems like a good plan idk

im not really sure but i would assume it has some effect, my leaves seem to be like droopy at the end idk if that is what it is from or not

IMAG02123.JPG

top temp is where the meter is at, temp 2 is where the clones r sitting, theyre on the floor, should i do something about this? It gets about 75 ish in there at night when i close it all up. finally got the humidity up somewhat...

IMAG02067.JPG

Had a bit of a mishap while transplanting, only was in a 3gal pot and i could see roots shootin out the bottom already. Anywho, like 1/4 of the roots off the bottom stuck even tho i cut the pot off, hope it is ok, doesnt seem too bad

Everything looks good brotha I love those bean stalks :yummy:

thanks man

So i got good news everyone, the 4 other strains are now coming up out of their soil, i think it has been 5 days since i put them in there so i guess thats not bad but i put them in the humidity dome for a few hours today and it seemed to speed up the process x 10 lol

Whatever the case may be i am filling up a few 4 gallon buckets with water and just going to let them sit in the room to try and raise the friggin humidity.

pictures of the new little babies tommorow

humidity really that vital?
"getdown420" what happens when your 2 high or 2 low?

In high promotes mold, dry has problems as well,lots of air movement helps both,
br

Back
Top Bottom