6 mature plants or 12 immature plants - Combination

That would be lame for a bill to dictate what is "mature enough medicine for me" I'm interested in this topic as well, and I kind of think its open to interpretation... but ultimately its saying you can have no more the 6 budding plants at a time.. 12 vegetating plants allowed.. but if I have 10 flowering plants than I'll be over the limit... likewise if I have 1 budding plant, and 9 vegetating plants, I will still be over the limit... this makes for confusion when trying to provide myself with a perpetual harvest to keep me going. The OR in the statement makes it confusing...I suppose it's all situational...But I guess the only way to be safe is to have no more than 6 flowering plants at a time, and no other plants.

So would I be under the limit if I had 3 mature and 6 immature? I want to have a perpetual grow but stay under the safe harbor.
yes because the TOTAL is 9. and to those above that see it differently, IN COURT the OR will separate both sides and be taken in to meaning you ADD both together and arrive at the number.

so you could have 5 mature as in BUDS are growing " 1 infant " If you are worried like me, that's how I would do my math. and NO one not even NORML seems to be speaking out or trying to clarify these ambiguities . I'm in LA county, and I keep wondering if I can grow outside in my fenced and locked backyard, and so far I have no REAL answer. I do know my buddy in the green sheriffs helicopter has seen me moving my babies back in the house . but we are 3 adults each with a REC so I'm sure I would be able to defend it , in a local California court , but not in a FED one.

Its hard to use this rule for outdoor because your legally to have 6 mature plants but they'll must likely produce way more than you can have on you. But as far as the 12 immature plants and 6 mature plant go its basically for indoor rule.

EX: So you are able to grow all year round for our medical needs, as we all need our medicine through out the year, we can have "6" plants in flowering stage (MATURE). Then we can have "6" plants that are in the mid to late veg stage and "6" plants that are in there first weeks of veg which equals 12 immature plants. With this number of each plants you'll be able to grow medicine all year round fully legally as long as you don't have more than 6 mature and 12 immature.

Its hard to use this rule for outdoor because your legally to have 6 mature plants but they'll must likely produce way more than you can have on you. But as far as the 12 immature plants and 6 mature plant go its basically for indoor rule.

EX: So you are able to grow all year round for our medical needs, as we all need our medicine through out the year, we can have "6" plants in flowering stage (MATURE). Then we can have "6" plants that are in the mid to late veg stage and "6" plants that are in there first weeks of veg which equals 12 immature plants. With this number of each plants you'll be able to grow medicine all year round fully legally as long as you don't have more than 6 mature and 12 immature.

from what I have seen so far in youtube and such, the BIG outside plants in North Cali seem to grow like 1pound ? after dried ?

then 6 would be ok for 3 people with 3 doctor's REC. me all I have is 3 AUTO's growing and they truly look like little weeds LOL . I doubt if they will produce more than 6 ounces If I'm lucky. Thing is we need to read up on Juicing and at what stage the juicing should be done, since this is what we want to do. Wife and son are now getting used to a bit more THC , so time will tell.

Not necessarily, what did your doctor's recommendation allow?

The values are minimums meaning that no county may restrict below that level.

Fresno county does not allow any plants at all. $1,000 fine 4 each plant & dispensaries are outlawed also. We can have meds but no legal &/or safe way to get it.

As a new grower, I've been looking at the CA laws quite a bit. SB420 outlines the "baseline" limits with provision for greater amounts based both on county and doctor's recommendation. I think wisdom dictates that you understand the county you live in and it's level of "openness" to cultivation. My county won't allow dispensaries and maintains a strict stance on cultivation limits set by SB420. I'm not going to challenge that. Personally, I would never interpret 6 OR 12 as 6 AND 12 in any manner. When dealing with the law, I'm always going to assume on the more conservative side of what it states.

And gentlhart, Fresno's ordinances vary depending on whether you're in city limits or not and also growing outdoors or not. Because of all the marijuana theft related deaths, they have taken a strong stance on outdoor growing. Also, the ordinance provides a 15-day grace period following initial notice to remove/destroy all plants before fines are enacted (my understanding of it anyway).

And gentlhart, Fresno's ordinances vary depending on whether you're in city limits or not and also growing outdoors or not. Because of all the marijuana theft related deaths, they have taken a strong stance on outdoor growing. Also, the ordinance provides a 15-day grace period following initial notice to remove/destroy all plants before fines are enacted (my understanding of it anyway).

This is the first I have heard of the grace period,that would be good for people who don't have a few grand to pay the fines. I live in the country and the county just passed an ordinance allowing no plants at all,indoor or out. There has been a problem here but the ones that I've heard are the 99 plant grows,not the qualified patient growers and all of them i have talked to feel their solution to the problem is overkill.

Seeing each county/city has latitude to make limits it would make any location to be influenced to a law enforcers discursions as to making any charges. This means that we need to concentrate on making known "case history" remember we are innocent until proven guilty, and that any small doubt can vindicate charges. Meaning that given the latitude to interpret laws as written that 6 mature (like other fruit/vegetables mature means ready to harvest) and that one may posses 6 readying to be harvested and 12 immature (not ready to harvest) and a jury must conclude such when made evident. A mature plant as defined here is one that provides the needed THC/CBD the doctor has recommended for what ever health condition he has observed in making his/her assessments. All else is argumentative but a jury in California will have a very hard time finding 12 people to make any convection.

Back
Top Bottom