Moe's 1st Indoor Grow with CFL Lights

moemoe420

I started with these clones today 8/14 with rockwool and "general hydroponics Rapid Start". my first time cloning as well so lets see what happens....I have 5 agent orange and 6 purple berry kush. I only intend on using probally 4, 2 of each, considering on my amount of space. Any suggestions would be appreciated?? Im wondering on, if and how often i should water the rockwool or just spray them a few times a day?? Also what should be the ideal temp and humidity?
4992.jpg
21496.jpg
11962.jpg

subscribed. i do not use rockwool, the best information i could find on the frequency of hand watering rockwool indicates every 1-2 days as required by the rockwool to keep it moist and not dry out. do not leave your rockwool in sitting water.

here is a forum thread on rockwool that may help

How Much Water Do I Give my Clones & Seedlings When in Rockwool?

the temperature range that you can grow cannabis in is 70-86 degrees Fahrenheit and 50%-70% humidity during vegetative growth and 40%-50% humidity during flowering, temperatures of up to 90 degrees Fahrenheit is still acceptable.

what size is your grow area? if you plant to flower with Compact Florescent Lights then i would suggest a 4 inch inline fan and carbon filter to remove the smell from your flowering plants and remove heat from your grow area and a small fan for circulation around your plants. you want just enough wind to move the stems of your plants.

for a 4 inch inline fan you could either get a

HydroFarm: Active Air 4 inch In-Line Duct Fan 165 CFM [eco-5600A] - Ventilation & Air Conditioners - Environmental Control - Gardening & Hydroponics Store - Horticulture Source

or

Inline Vent Duct Exhaust Fan Blower 4 inch 160 CFM - TheLAShop - Access Hydroponic

for a carbon filter you could get a

www.LEDwholesalers.com - 4" Hydroponic Carbon Air Filter 200 CFM Air Scrubber

you could either use a 6 inch clip on fan for small plants and a larger floor fan for larger plants available at Walmart.

clip on fan - Walmart.com

the grow area is about 2'3"x3' and 4' height. alright cool. Ya I already got a little fan in their to blow the leaves not to big but big enough. And where should I put the exhaust at? its pretty much a small closet with nowhere to push the air?? that's my main problem right now. Thanx for the info..im going to look in to the fans and carbon filter, try and get the best deal

8/17/13
Day 3 into my clones and their still alive so, so far so good. one plant was wilting over a lot, I thought it was going to die but turned out they just needed some water. I added some general hydroponics Rapid Start to the water and they all still look good. I'll post some more pics probably at a week or two. They're still just rooting so not like they changed a whole bunch. When they get into veggetive stage Ill be posting pics every week and posting how much I watered them and what nutrients I used. I'll try and be as descriptive as possible, so that if I do good with these plants I know for next time what I can do and/or maybe try something different. Also for everyone else that might like what they see can know what's up.

I've been watering them once a day every day and misting them twice a day. I put around 1/2mL to 3/4mL of general hydroponics Rapid Start into 1 liter of regular tap water and I water them and spray them with that. Temps range from 78`-87` and humidity is 45%-57% on average so far. Those recordings are the highs/lows of the day

8/21
Day 7 (1 WK) into my clones and this is what happened. Leaves started turning yellow and tips and edges started to turn brown. Temps around 87`-91`. Humidity around 45%-58%. I was watering them once a day everyday with rooting nutrients. (one day just tap water, one day "rapid start") rotating so I wouldn't burn them. But I think I burned them any way, I also would mist them with this rapid rooting mixture as well. So I just been giving them water once a day for 2 days now and it doesn't seem to help!? Maybe it takes longer to get results?? Any advise would be appreciated????
082013223120.jpg

082013223133.jpg

082013223154.jpg

082013223221.jpg

Sorry for bein lazy n not reading the entire thread but I was curious , are these clones that were cut 7 days ago? Looks like clones that are still rooting from the cut but were not kept in a humidor....

Sorry for bein lazy n not reading the entire thread but I was curious , are these clones that were cut 7 days ago? Looks like clones that are still rooting from the cut but were not kept in a humidor....

Ya, they're a week since I cut them and put them in the rockwool. I cut them off my outdoor plants and the out door plants barely got the white hairs like 2-3 days before I cut them so I decided to hurry up and cut the clones. I don't have a humidity dome..is it a must?? Or maybe I can rig something up!? Any suggestions? Also..so whats the reason for the yellowness and black spots? I'm thinking to much rooting nutrients huh?

looks like they've started to flower as well, better to get clones still in veg stage, you've got the flowers fighting for nutes, while the plant is trying to put them resources towards root development
Ya I got them from a plant that barely got into flowering stage, but I read that it could still be done. Should I keep giving them the rooting nutrients or lay off them till the yellow goes away??

8/31
Day 17 into my clones. Unfortunately I had 4 casualties from the feeding them to much nutes deficiency, so I'm left with 7 (4purp and 3 orange). But that's what I was counting on because I knew I was going to run in to some problems so I cut extra cuttlings knowing some will die.

They're looking healthier. Getting more green. I've been feeding them only tap water once a day and mist them 1-2 times a day.
Wondering when I should put them in soil and feed them more nutrients for root development?

By the way..I for got to say in the beginning that I have them under 2 CFL's (5000k) 23W-100W equivalent

17182.jpg

18170.jpg

16195.jpg

19157.jpg

20132.jpg

Back
Top Bottom