1st Grow! Master Kush

any plant store shoudl carry something along the lines of it.. but i would probably try for a hydro store, and get "calmax" or something specific for hydro. not sure if it makes a difference... but.. why not.. its only $10-12 a liter.

however, in a pinch, epsom salts work for magnesium (like $10 for a 2 pound bag) at walmart, or any drug store.

and if you are worried about calcium , i have never done it, but apparently, you can wash egg shells with h202, then drop them in your res, and over time, the slightly acidic nutrient solution will disolve the egg shell, and give you some calcium + other goodies.

Im gonna look into the egg shell and h2o2 idea because it sounds like the acidity would help my ph problems
!!!Nest grow i will have a reverse osmosis,,,whis should be as soon as this girls done

the egg shell shouldnt mess with ph at all.. you should have slightly acidic nutes in hydro, and thus, the ph of your water/nutes will eat at it over time, and release calcium. not on the same scale, but similar to those "egg in vinegar" to make a rubber egg experiments back in elementary school science.

if anything it would probably raise your ph slowly over time.

for simplicity reasons, and "proper" ratios. i would suggest a calmag solution over epsom and egg shell any day :p

RO water is a good call, even if your tap water is useable without issue. just due to the fact you have complete control over what you put into it.

thanks agian! im gettin callmag or somthing like that tomorrow.. also im
going back to the old fashion litmus paper ph tester but which shipping takes 3 to 7 day..dam
anyone kno why my ph meter reads some bottled water at 6.5 and another brand 8.3?

not all water is equal.

also, dont use a digital ph meter in any type of very low ppm water! it can damage the probe.

i just noticed a previous post about white stuff on your roots!.. sounds like the start of root rot... (NOT good) get a picture of it asap, if it IS plythium, or anything related to it.. it can kill your plant, and we need to act fast... and ph, is the least of your worries if its root rot.

as long as she's still alive, its not lost.

you picked a tough way to do your first grow (dwc) and if you can soldier through and finish the plant.. it will only be easier next time!

also, you need to stop reading the ph of distilled water beofre adding your nutes... your killing your ph pen.

Yeah i kno bu i heard dwc are the best way..which i agree when u actually kno wth ur doin lol which didnt but
She is still alive..i dont have pics up cuz i dropped my camera in water, but
she is salvagable... so i have her in water ph 5.7 with no nutes only for bout 4 hours while i clean my res of all the buildup around the roots

anyway thx bro cuz i have a milwake ph 600 pretty cheap one but either way i cant be waisting money

That's the same ph pen I use. I find if you store it in ph 7 buffer solution. They last near forever. Just remember to do a calibration check at least once every 2 weeks

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom