Jdacks Second Grow - Hopefully The First Successful one!

Jdack

Ok, had some failures last time, but i learned a lot, without much of anything but my insufficient google searches, and trial and error.

Already have 1 1/2 week old seedlings (estimated atm, will look at journal later)

Im doing a hydro setup

starts in humid dome, in rockwool, as seeds.

went from there to a bubbler setup (pics soon as lights come on)

then will go to the DWC net pots/buckets.

I plan on only having 4-6 dwc buckets, maybe even 2-4 at the start..depends on what the stones can do when they get here.

Improvements from last grow :

Colder weather outside
new more reliable ph meter
actual GH ph Down
actual hydroton... main problem from last grow i think.. had rubber mulch, sealed water into basket area
bigger airstones... wasnt a boil, heard that was best...
aquashield... heard great things, hope it helps

Current Feed:

GH - Micro/Grow/Bloom
5ml / 5ml / 2.5ml

Aquashield
15ml

Filtered Tap water, i let it sit opened for 24 hours.
PH-d Roughly to 6.0-6.5 (liquid test)
(this is after nutes, so i left it... not sure if my sodium bicarbonate is too strong for the plants.. would rather have 2 days ph lockout till gh ph down gets here)

1 Airstone for the bubbler

2 Germinating seeds, 1 in rockwool, another straight in dirt (i soak seeds atleast overnight in baggies of water, put into the space (in germination station) between my soil cell's and the tray... dark, warm.. heating mat under tray, with probe in rockwool cube, in a digital thermostat keeps soil/rockwool temps at 77-81 (ive read higher soil temps speeds rooting and germination)

4 seedlings in bubbler
1 Seedling in dirt cube
2 seedlings in water bottle dwc (small water bottle cut in half, cap inside bottle)
(also have 6 tomatoe plants starting in them)
(i keep waterbottle dwc's aerated 3+ times a day by just blowing air through a tube to the water, i think it stays humid in there as well)

Ill keep regular size/ph/feeding updates
Please, any questions or comments welcome ;)

Re: Jdacks Second Grow.. Hopefully The First Successful one!

Pic Time! A bit of a hassle to upload these, but its about time i get on the bandwagon eh?

600 watt in a cooltube (dimmable, dimmed down to 50% for seedling/pre veg stage
100_19002.JPG

My 400cfm Intake Fan
100_18993.JPG

Cfl's and Germination station
100_18701.JPG

Grow Tent
100_1902_1_.JPG

Most of the plants (The 420, and Tomatoes)
100_18723.JPG

The oldest Seedling (Hermie seed, all the plain northern lights came from a friend of a friend that had a room hermie out or something.. we will see.. good practice if nothing else.
100_18771.JPG
100_18801.JPG

Rest of the NL's
100_18832.JPG
100_18822.JPG
100_18864.JPG
100_18883.JPG

Royal Kush, starting in dirt as a failsafe
100_18963.JPG

First royal kush, had some problems, not sure what... still hasnt produced real leaves, but still growing root mass
100_18764.JPG
100_18753.JPG
100_18733.JPG

White Widowx Sour Diesel Cross, doing great
100_18811.JPG

Not sure which seed i planted in the middle cell
100_18981.JPG

OG Kush (just now starting to breach the rockwool)
100_18973.JPG

A SURVIVOR! I think i saved him/her.. roots look better ( check my first journal out for the plentiful problems i had on my first attempt)
100_18893.JPG
100_18901.JPG

Ok well, Let me know what you think.. i could use advice on the deformations of the hermie seeds.. any way to help that, or is it just going to happen? i tried to highlight it, and im sure youll see the one with only half its leaves... i had to cut the deformed ones off ( they were hard, like a stem, and majorly curled around the main vein.. not anything to do with the normal environments, sure its just becuase they were hermed, and maybe an old strain.

Oh, is the deformation of the leaves brought about from being a hermaphrodite seed, or you think it was a problem from the seed casing?

BTW.. should i move straight into the hydroton/netpots, or go into something for a while longer to get them to grow a bit more?

quick update, got the hydroton, ph down, meter, and the airstones. plants are doing good, visible signs of growth, mass root development. debating a simple diy 5-6 plant tub, with a reservoir and pump for circulation. easier to manage than buckets, less moving the plants. have all the equipment, the pump is a thermaltake from pc water cooling. Recieving an improved air pump. good thing the ph/d and meter got here, water hid risen to 8.0, no ill effects visible.. they needed a change anyway. pics in the morning!

Thanks DgC, and ya, it sounds like some really kick ass stuff... i think its supposed to have some purple diesel in it too, maybe it will be a purple widow? yum yum...

Update.. got the 5 plant tub set up, its just a sterilite tub, holding 16 gallons of water, about 1 inch away from the net pot, 2 large airstones producing a fair amount of bubbles. My airpump is holding me back, have a better one on the way from a friend. Plants are growing quick.. some of them had massive roots already, i am very suprised at how well theyre doing... i guess this is the way they should be, my first grow was definately inferior quality, plus way too stressful.

Not sure what im going to do about my tomatoes, i think ill have to do a cull soon and pick 2 of the very best. Too many survived from seed! lol!

Pics when i find the camera.... lol

Well, its confirmed, the algea problem i had before, its back, and in full force on my airstone.. thank god its decided to colonize there, only. Its confirmed to be the brown algea, always looked white to me before becuase of it bieng smaller pieces. Ill upload a pic soon, was pretty thick on the airstone.

I already have stuff for a benny tea on the way.
Earthworm castings should be here tomorrow, have aquashield, and some generic mykos that came with my germination station... i dont think those will work too well... I do have ZHO on the way as well, but its not on amazoon prime, oh noes! Expected monday/tuesday.. hopefully the plants can last till the teas ready. No roots show any damage (theyre already out of the netpots, yay!)

Quick update, ever since the start of my problems started, like day 4 of my first grow, i have been reading about beneficial tea's. I started a batch of it yesterday at 5pm, and it is acting like it should so far. i will wait the whole 48 hours before introducing it to a CLEAN reservoir. Decided, this way, if the microbes take about 36 hours to get a foothold in a reservoir, they'd have an even start with the baddies. This algae, or whatever, is really disgusting! I have confidence that this will prevail....

Oh, i picked up some dry maxigrow, the 2.2 lb on amazon. And a 45 lpm compressor, to replace my lowly 4.4 watt air pump. i should be able to power at least 4 large air stones, maybe even a whole 6 (it came with a manifold, and medical tubing!)

BTW, the Bennie Tea is comprised of =

EWC ( Earthworm castings)
Aquashield (compost tea)
Mykos Drops (I have ZHO Root Inoculant on the way, but these were handy, so i started with em.. hopefully they have the trich's as well as the bb's)

put it in a 5 gallon, 3 gallons of water, airstone, and the new pump. let it aerate and brew for 24-48 hours, 48 is best, provides the most variety of bennies.

Thanks thanks.. i got the ZHO today. will make a new batch tomorrow, after the current tea hits 48 hours... i put some in early, to try to fend the current state off a little.Will do a res change when the tea with zho gets done.

Otherwise though, the plants look very strong and healthy, one just has minor dmg, on the leaf tips. Strongest one is now working on its 5th internode!

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

Back
Top Bottom