Rachetts Grow Log 01-2012

ratchett

All right here we GROW.

This is my first grow "ever" so I am sure there will be mistakes throughout the learning curve. I appreciate any and all suggestions ,posts and advice.( good ,bad or ugly). This is like driving a race car- The only way you know if it is going to work is to make an adjustment and try it.:peace:

grow room:
5X15 area nestled between the walls, divided into two grow areas3X5 each with a small work area in the middle.
Hydro set up
veg area-3x5
-flat white milar on walls
-4 -54 watt (6500) t5 bulb floro light- on 24/7
-2x4 basen/5 gallon res, timed recirc drip system,airated
circulating fan
Flower area-3x5
flat white milar on walls
400w HPS vented
2x4 timed flood table/5 gallon res
circulating fan
The Grow:
This is a trial run with basic seeds
strain- strawberry cough----80% sativa, generic seed- unknown
nutrients-GH floraduo
medium- Rockwool
germination-2-16- 1 1/4" rockwool blocks
seedlings- 2-19-
moved to 4" rockwool block in a pot with clay rocks and put under 24hr lights in veg station- 2-23
air temp- 72 - 82
RH- 40-57
RES temp-63-67 degrees
start ph- 5.8
week 1-
watered 3 times@10min per day
3 days on just water( well water is 5.8ph out of the ground)
4 days on 1/4 dose per gallon
PH stayed in the 5.8 to 6.3 range
week 2-
starting ph- 5.5
5 days on 1/2 dose
seeing some yellow on inside of shute and leaves of 1 plant @4", the other 3 look healthy at one @ 6" - two @4"
setting ph at5.5 to start and have been seeing it move to 6.5 in 24hrs and having to readjust everyday this week.
3-6- cleaned res and doing a straight water flush of medium today started at 5.5ph
starting week three tomorrow with a full nute regiment

Let me know any info I can post that will help. Picking up a meter this week for EC and PPM

Pictures coming soon.

:lot-o-toke: Ratchett

Re: Rachetts grow log 1-2012

3-2-12_055.JPG
3-2-12_056.JPG
3-6-11_003.JPG
3-6-11_002.JPG

:lot-o-toke: Ratchett

nute /water res at a 5.5-6.2, system seems to flow thru this range every 24hr and then needs adjustment. res temp maintaing 65-72 degrees. room maintaining72-78degree-45-55%.

3-6 Noticed some yellowing from chutes today adjusted ph and monitored

3-7 started week three from germ. Flushed res and plants with fresh 5.5 water for 3 cycles.

3-7 pm, refilled res with nutes and 5.5, set back on 3 water cycles 9am thru 9 pm every 6hr. lights on but no night time feeding.

3-8 set 5.5 ph and monitored

3-9 still some yellowing but leaves are strong not wilting but do have a little curl. rockwool in pots with clay medium is still damp. adjusting water cycles to twice 8am-8pm. adjusted ph to 5.5.

Ratchett

bit of advice cover that rockwool with clay pebbles so you cant see any rockwool showing

I believe I over watered with nutes in week2 as I have watched that yellow move from the chute to the outer edges over the last week. The other plants picked up a slight yellow in the chute also at that time. I am being patient to see if cutting back on watering will help clean them up. Other than that the thickness of the stem growth has been excellent this week.

Ratchett

Today starts week 4 from germ and all four of the kids are looking good. I was having some issues with yellowing and slow growth before and decided to change up nutes. I was using the flora duo kit , it caused yellowing plus the PH flucuated alot through the coarse of the day.
I flushed and changed to Xnutrients and OMG, they came alive. The yellow has dissapated and they all have grown in hiegth, width and thickness.

very pleased with the change:high-five:

New combination:
still in veg area
x nutrient- g/b/m
ppm -700
ph-5.5
lights- 18-6 4 bulb t5 6500 54 w fixture
water 4 times- every 4 hr ,no water during lights out
fan circulation 24/7

Ratchett

PP- The seeds cracked and sprouted within 2 days, once placed in the rockwool in the dome I had seedlings up in 2 days.

Ratchett:peace:

week 4-
Moved all four plants out of nursery and under the 400w MH lamp
Plan to start flower at week 6 under a 400w HPS
my system and these plants seem to like a medium ppm- 450
Xnutrients
maintain ph of 5.5-6.1
lights on 20-4
air temp 81 degrees
circulating fan

The plants exploded with growth during week 4.
The nursery now has 3 more strawberry cough in week two from germ and
8 clones-2 from each original plant, day three in the dome.

Hoping by staggering stages here in the begining, I will be able to be harvesting every 2-4 weeks on a constant basis once I get the process proven.

3-22-12 starts week 5.
summarize:
This being my first grow "ever", I have to feel good about the progress. Sometimes I do things the hard way, Like starting plants and building the grow room around them. But,"hopefully " at the end of the day I will have it running like a well oiled machine. I like gadgets and mechanics , which makes learning and tuning the hydro systems fun. I have learned Patience, and the need to understand adaptibility with every aspect of the grow,especially light-water and nute ratios. It is easy to be overzelous and make mistakes that will cost a harvest or worse.

My best advice to myself and others at this early stage, is to take it easy, start with light nutes and water cycles and learn what your plants are telling you as you adjust your system. Error on the side of less.

Week5- Flushing with light nutes , prepping for flower stage starting week 6 Pulling 8 more clones this week

I delayed flowering for one more week so I can complete a couple more items in the flower area.
I will be installing a 2X5 mesh with 2x2 holes over the plants to inhibit short bushy flowering.

Ratchett:peace:

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am reporting this to be moved to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom