600W or 1000W for seedlings

leafy86

I have a 120x120x200 tent I have a 600w and a 1000w led. Will it be OK to start my seedlings off straight under the 1000w or should I start with the 600w

oh my... so much....

first what is the actual wall draw of those lights ? likely isn't what you think..
take the specs off the driver if they weren't provided.

next.. most seedlings do not require a pile of light at first.. but it has to be there.
a complete guess would be starting under the 600 watt.... probably good enough. impossible to tell without more info.

next have a look at the last line in my sig, in there you will find how to ask for grow support, and how to start a journal. get familiar with those and good luck.

oh my... so much....

first what is the actual wall draw of those lights ? likely isn't what you think..
take the specs off the driver if they weren't provided.

next.. most seedlings do not require a pile of light at first.. but it has to be there.
a complete guess would be starting under the 600 watt.... probably good enough. impossible to tell without more info.

next have a look at the last line in my sig, in there you will find how to ask for grow support, and how to start a journal. get familiar with those and good luck.
Where do I find the draw? I have used the 600w before and got 350g off 4 autos. But was wondering if the 1000w would be better as my seedlings always stretch and sometimes fall over. They are a week old today they have stretched but not fallen this time.

draw will be printed on the driver.
lower the light if seedlings getting stretchy.

pics would help.

what are you running for light ? actually go through the how to ask for grow support and repost with the rest of the info

I have a 120x120x200 tent I have a 600w and a 1000w led. Will it be OK to start my seedlings off straight under the 1000w or should I start with the 600. Also as my seedlings always stretch and sometimes fall over. They are a week old today they have stretched but not fallen this time.

Attachments

• DSC_0301.JPG
    DSC_0301.JPG
    745.3 KB · Views: 92
  • DSC_0300.JPG
    DSC_0300.JPG
    971.3 KB · Views: 94
  • DSC_0303.JPG
    DSC_0303.JPG
    612.3 KB · Views: 104
  • DSC_0302.JPG
    DSC_0302.JPG
    415.1 KB · Views: 97
draw will be printed on the driver.
lower the light if seedlings getting stretchy.

pics would help.

what are you running for light ? actually go through the how to ask for grow support and repost with the rest of the info
Think I posted it in the right place. Just incase you can't find it.....

Attachments

• DSC_0301.JPG
    DSC_0301.JPG
    745.3 KB · Views: 99
  • DSC_0300.JPG
    DSC_0300.JPG
    971.3 KB · Views: 99
  • DSC_0303.JPG
    DSC_0303.JPG
    612.3 KB · Views: 100
  • DSC_0302.JPG
    DSC_0302.JPG
    415.1 KB · Views: 95
I have a 120x120x200 tent I have a 600w and a 1000w led. Will it be OK to start my seedlings off straight under the 1000w or should I start with the 600. Also as my seedlings always stretch and sometimes fall over. They are a week old today they have stretched but not fallen this time.
Also light is only 12" away

that's not a 600 watt. maybe a 100 - 150.
those specs on the light mean less than nothing.

ebay or amazon light ?
seedlings look ok. is the other light burple too ? maybe get it going.

that's not a 600 watt. maybe a 100 - 150.
those specs on the light mean less than nothing.

ebay or amazon light ?
seedlings look ok. is the other light burple too ? maybe get it going.
Yea I put both in last time the both dual so put em both in yea. What light would you recommend. My mate has a viperspectrum 1000w.was thinking getting one myself. Also what do you mean ebay, would they not be good no and if so where would I get a good light?

yea but with higher wattage output comes higer price

also check quantum boards its the best technology now I would buy it If I knew they exist before I bought my led light.

yea but with higher wattage output comes higer price

also check quantum boards its the best technology now I would buy it If I knew they exist before I bought my led light.
Don't mind cost I will be checking it out. Il use both these lights then and purchase better one for next grow.

check out @Budget LED for quantum boards.
they have great spec boards at very competitive pricing. they easily match higher priced boards in performance.

they are also sponsors. link to them thru the site.

check out @Budget LED for quantum boards.
they have great spec boards at very competitive pricing. they easily match higher priced boards in performance.

they are also sponsors. link to them thru the site.
OK thanks I have just chenged from the 600 to the 1000 and will prob put the 600 on aswell tomorrow as I'm off to work now and will need to monitor temp with both lights on.

Back
Top Bottom