6inch Air cooled lights too hot - 8 inch fan?

kushcheese9

I currently have running two 6 inch air cooled lights but only a 4 inch standad fan with no speed or climate control setting. my room temp is to high its goin to around 35 degrees when booth lights are on. If i bought an 8 inch rvk fan with the speed and climate controls would this sort out my heat problem ?

thanks

Re: 6inch Air cooled lights to hot . 8 inch fan ?

I second the questions above. Also, what size lights are you running? What size is your grow space? Are the ballasts inside the grow space? Do you have a regular fan blowing air around inside the tent for the plants? I use a small fan blowing across my ballast while they are on to keep them from ever heating up and adding too much heat to my grow space. Also how do you have your ventilation system running (i.e lots of curves or 90degree angles, long runs.?) Also a 4" fan isn't big enough to run two lights IMO unless they are 2 250's maybe.

Re: 6inch Air cooled lights to hot . 8 inch fan ?

Sorry i have to 600 watt hps lights . my growspace is 2.4 m length by 1.5 m width 2.4 m height . i have the 4 inch filter is this also big enough ? sucking the hot air from my room through my 2 600 watt lights then out of my room. the ballasts are placed in the room but they are top ballasts that dnt give of much heat to be honest :) i have 2 oscilating fans in my room blowing around cooler air .

i was thinking if i buy an 8 inch fan with the speed controlers would this be enough to vent my room or would i also need a bigger filter to ?

Hey mate,
I have nearly the same size grow space.. Im only running 1 600w HPS for 1 plant. It pumps out some heat, i have 3 - 10" desk fans going in my space, one at the base, one in middle and one blowing past the globe and tops of my plant pointing slightly upwards to push air up to my open vent.. Hope all goes well.. Later mate, Smokemup:)

Yea you definately need a bigger inline fan a good 6" fan should probably work I use one on each 1kw and they are cool to the touch. But if you want you can get an 8" but you would need a 6" to 8" duct adapter to use it with 6" ducting. Its up to you if you want a speed controller. If I were to use an 8" fan I would run it full speed unless it's super loud and noise is a concern. But I also use what I call baffle boxes, I make boxes to enclose my fan in to eliminate noise. I line it with a sound dampening material used in the automotive audio industry. As long as the fan isn't acting like a freaking hurricane in your grow space trying to suck the plants up lol

Sorry I forgot about the carbon filter question. I'm sure it isn't rated to be used with an 6" or 8" fan I'm fairly certain of that, so, probably will need a bigger one. Good luck! For the record an 8" fan moves ALOT of air and your grow space isn't that big I'd just go with a 6" because your space is around 321 cubic ft. (I know you used meters but I converted because I can explain better with ft.) Most 6" fans are rated around 475 cfm (cubic feet per minute). It should be sufficient.

Can I pull air from the tent through a carbon filter then through my cool tube and out of the tent? Should I get two fans? If I constantly run air through the cool tube, will the temperature stay low in the rest of the tent, so that I can just use a closet dehumidifier and co2? Is a 150 mm (6'') fan with a vari control ok? The globes are 1000 watt but I can run them at 60-80-110% with a digital ballast. The tent is a 1.2 m sq 2 m tall. I think I will put in an a/c in the room outside the tent also. I have no idea how hot my cool tube and globes will get, does anyone know? It sounds positive if the 1000 watt cool tube is cool to touch with constant air through them, any more info? :welcome: to make comments...

as long as your aren't exhausting the hot air into the same room the tent is in you won't need an a/c until summer unless its really hot where you live. But with co2 your plants can take higher temps, but will use way more water and nutes. With constant airflow my hoods are cool to the touch I run 2 1000w's in a 5ft x 9ft tent. With a 6" fan for each. With no ac and no dedicated intake other then the fairly warm air in the room with no co2 and its fine but this is only temporary for me until I get my permanent space in order. And I wouldn't recommend it long term.

Also, not trying to be rude but this is another members thread and it's frowned upon here to "thread hijack". So I apologize to the original poster for answering someone else's question here. In the future if you have a question try to research as much as possible on here and if you really can't find it then start a new thread so your not asking questions on somebody else's thread.

Back
Top Bottom