911 training - With pics - First time - Please look

pete2

this is the first time I have trained plants like this. I think I waited to long,but the little guys grow so fast hard to keep up with them.
Anyway I took these pics to show you the end results of my HST.I heard a slight crack when I squeezed the stem.I kept gently squeezing them as I bent them When I got them bent to where I wanted them I noticed a split on both sides of the stalk.I belive I went a little too far with it.Still not sure about the tape thing for repair so I wraped cheese cloth around the wound and applied honey to it.Like I said I'm new to training so I don't know for sure if it is correct or not.I have a few of them supported with wooden blocks.Not much more to say,Hope to get a lot of feed back about this.And hope I didn't kill them:thanks::thumb::thanks:
Sorry some of the pics are a little blurry
pete_011.JPG
pete_010.JPG
pete_009.JPG
pete_008.JPG
pete_0071.JPG
pete_0061.JPG
pete_0021.JPG
pete_007.JPG
pete_006.JPG
pete_002.JPG

Don't be freaked out, people have split plants right down the main stem, ripped branches off, all kinds of abuse and the plants bounce right back. Place that worry into getting your nutes just right, no worry is needed for the physical abuse.

Don't be freaked out, people have split plants right down the main stem, ripped branches off, all kinds of abuse and the plants bounce right back. Place that worry into getting your nutes just right, no worry is needed for the physical abuse.

Cool man I'm old school hippie.Bending plants like that kinda freek me out.I've been getting positive posts so far.:thanks::thumb::thanks:

hey pete2! Awesome looking girls u have there! hey quick question i currently have the same exact hydro kit you have in the pics, just arrived, and i severly underestimated the amount of clay pebbles i would need, how much did you need for each bucket? i currently have a two pound bag and was thinking of ordering another 10 lb. bag. would 12 lbs be enough for 4 ten inch baskets? thanks bro!

hey pete2! Awesome looking girls u have there! hey quick question i currently have the same exact hydro kit you have in the pics, just arrived, and i severly underestimated the amount of clay pebbles i would need, how much did you need for each bucket? i currently have a two pound bag and was thinking of ordering another 10 lb. bag. would 12 lbs be enough for 4 ten inch baskets? thanks bro!

I think those net pots take somewhere between 1.5 and 2 gallons of hydroton. If you can find a volume for your bags, it wouldn't be so much of a guessing game. I would get 8 gallons/30liters/1cubicfoot if I were you.

then 30 liters it is! thanks alot can i ask when you moved your plants into the buckets? im starting the seeds in soil because my rockwool never arrived. im on day 15 today any advice would be appreciated this is my first indoor/hydro grow. I'll be starting a journal today.

Not sure when pete2 moved his plants into the buckets, but I always put them in as early as possible. I grow from clone mostly so I put a clone in the net pot when it has some roots showing out of the rockwool. Starting in soil is difficult if you want to run dwc. Even if you clean the roots off really thoroughly, you could potentially still have some growth because of the soil that transfers over that could affect the health of your plant.

so should i wait for the rockwool and start over? i can continue what i have right now in soil.

You could grow the plants out in soil until you can sort out the males (unless you're using feminized seeds), then take clones of the females and put them in the dwc. Or you could just start new seeds in rockwool and grow out what you have in soil. You could even just take the plunge and transplant from the soil into the dwc, but it's a risk that might end up screwing you over in the long run. Maybe someone else has another opinion on this, but that's where I stand on it.

definetley some sound advice. i may experiment with one and move it to dwc once i pick out the males but i'll probably just ride this batch out in soil and start fresh with dwc. im checkin out ur journals impressive man.

definetley some sound advice. i may experiment with one and move it to dwc once i pick out the males but i'll probably just ride this batch out in soil and start fresh with dwc. im checkin out ur journals impressive man.

To me, it sounds like a bit of a waste of time and energy to grow out seeds (that have a potential to be male) in DWC. If you feel confident to take clones, you can get the supplies for pretty cheap and you could take clones of your females from the soil plants and put them into the dwc. It would take a bit longer to get your dwc up and running that way, but your pretty much guaranteed females that way and you don't have to waste time with a bucket and plant that you might throw out in the long run. Thanks for checking out the journals and the compliment! Working on making them a little more detailed. :peace:

Just my opinon.Some people say that you can transplant from soil to hydro.They also say that you don't have to clean all the soil from the roots.How ever I've never seen that done before.If you transplant from soil to hydro,I think you should clean all the soil from them or it will build up mud on the bottom of your DWC buckets.Don't know if that would happen or not.Hydro grows at an amazing pace.I have 4 DWC systems and the plants are almost ready to start flowering.It's been less than 2 months when I started them
petes_pic_009.JPG
pete_009.JPG

they should bounce back just fine please update with some pics when they bounce back. Pete2 wats that you have hanging over the plant in the last pic?

Not sure My girls are at a different location than I am.I topped 2 of them today hoping that will slow down there growth and let the other 2 catch up a bit.Thanks for the posting and I will be putting more pics up.:thanks::thumb::thanks:

Back
Top Bottom