Is this still going? I am using the same nutes as you, so I will be following very closely. I hope you have things moved closer to you. Can't wait to see some pics.

Guy couldn't afford to both light them and heat them.

Called me to get them when it got cold enough (unheated space) that he thought it might have gotten down around freezing.

They didn't look too good.

I brought them home, figured the warmest place in my house is probably my bedroom, so I parked them on my dresser. Doesn't get below the upper 40s at night in here. But I can't run the 400-watt light without unplugging my heater.

I... I guess I've been pretty depressed (in general) lately. Kind of throws a cinder-block through your motivation sometimes. Lots of problems right now, mostly minor shit but when added to the "don't get much work in the winter so you don't get to eat much or get it warm enough to ever really have it far from your thoughts" and worrying that Mom might not see her birthday next year - which is pretty much always in my thoughts at this point, well...

They're still sitting on my dresser. Been sleeping with the overhead light on. It's "not much," lol, I think it's a 13-watt CFL, but it's keeping them from trying to go full into flower (they've been mature for ages, the AK has preflowers everywhere).

Anyone have a guess at minimum allowable temperatures for lights on / lights off? I would have thought that below 55 or so they wouldn't fare too well. But they're still hanging in there. Not looking all that great, but they're not getting useful light and I've cut the feed back to only when they look like they're REALLY hungry so I don't burn them. I've got to think that BPN really boosted the overall health of these girls - because they probably ought to be dead after what they've been through. If I don't figure something out pretty soon so I can get them into uninterrupted flowering, they're liable to be a year old at harvest time. Which... Well, it's kind of cool - but kind of not cool, lol.

Looks like I might have to figure out something here. That's a little closer than I'd hoped for, but I guess it'll be convenient. More or less. If half my neighbors weren't @ssholes I think I'd probably carry them back and forth to whichever window was getting the most sunlight. Well, my next-door neighbor isn't really an @sshole. He's a cop.

I never really wanted a skylight before, but it'd be helpful right now.

I'm NOT going to chop them up for the compost pile. I'll figure something out. (Good thing I wasn't shooting for a high yield, though.)

Damn bummer bro but I've been there before I understand the cinderblock through the motivation my condolences to you but personally when I get down like that I try to think positive I know its hard but look at all the people who got it worse...a wise man once said "you're worried about not having shoes well how do you think the man with no feet feels?" and also " once your down the only way you can go is back up again" positive vibes to you my man I'm here if you ever need somebody to talk to

Yeah, it comes and goes. Most of the time I pretend I'm ignoring it, lol.

I think selling the car for scrap when I couldn't afford to fix it pushed me over this time. Like Pop said when he was still alive, though, "It aint crowded, walkin'." ;)

I had promised 3/4 of any harvest to a nice old lady who was in a lot of pain and failing health. She went into the hospital... and never came out.

Think if I eventually get anything, I'll attempt again to convince Mom to give "traditional herbal medicine" a try. (She's believed the crap for too many years.) Maybe edibles. Unfortunately, if the doctor can't write her a prescription that she can take to a pharmacy, it's not medicine to her regardless of what she hears/sees/reads. Which sucks, because the doctor said she might get some relief from fentanyl patches- but she can't afford to get the prescription filled to even find out.

We'll see how that goes, I guess.

ok, TS, christmas is over. u're not allowed to be depressed a-n-y more. mount u're ballast close to u're plants. digi-ballasts are little more than a heat sink, so there's plenty of heat. set u're timer on 11/13 or, maybe 10/14. it'll coincide w/the temps. use u're smallest closet to contain heat. hang u're clothes on the doorknob, like everybody else (yeah, laugh, u know it's true). let's see, alarm clock, 13 watt light bulb & ballast will pull about 4 amps. the heater w/fan about 15 amps, so u have a choice....run the heater during lights out or check the breaker on the bedroom circuit & if it's 20 amp, like i suspect, change it to 30 amp. if u're house was built after WWII, u don't have to worry about aluminun wiring. now, let's kick this thing in the butt, before these plants die of old age. btw, i have a friend, in the rockies, that harvest every year (outdoors) right before the snow flies. let's go!

Fook, man, WtF is Christmas, lol? I got a "Merry Christmas" from Mom, my brother, two friends, and the GF's grandmother. About like usual. I'm not - or at least I think I'm not - one of those people who's winter time level of depression is tied to the holidays. For me it's more about getting to spend time with your family than any kind of "gifting syndrome." Always has been. And I got to spend time with Mom, which more and more each year I realize is a true gift as she passes through the twilight time of her life. The GF being locked up "in hospital" isn't great, but I know that she's not likely to come to harm there and... realistically, when she's loose that is a worry that's never far from my thoughts (she has some pretty severe issues).

I just... I think that this time of year, being slow and all, doesn't offer me much in the way of distractions. Most of you've been there to one extent or another. Some, far more than me <SHUDDERS... lol>.

I feel bad that my journal is pretty much on pause, though.

Yeah, I have a Lumatek so I can flip it to 250-watt and squeak by. I... think. When I'm the only one here I can and do basically live like the proverbial church mouse and, except for when Mom comes over, everyone knows by now that they can keep their coats on or go away (just go away haha).

15-amp breaker? 20-amp?

The real issue - and the main reason I was so stoked to have the grow at another location in the first place - is that my fuse box is from (if I remember correctly) 1954, lol. As in... 30-amp service. I've already blown my main fuse once just since it got cold with my little electric heater. I guess the refrigerator was probably running and the sump pump (goof that built it way back when put a basement in a house at a soggy location and I think the water table is several feet above the basement floor, pump doesn't just run when we have "flood" style rain and water runs in - it sits in a dirt-floored hole in the floor and kicks on every 15 minutes like clockwork. From the bowing in one wall and the obvious crack (and rather large amount of repair work) in the floor, it seems like someone found out that trying to seal it just caused the water to force its way in anyway. So... I have to work around reality. I'd have been quite happy had the unrealistic "200 watts of LED equals 1,000 watts of HPS bullsh*t" been true, lol.

I am lucky in that I have 15-amp circuits (a whopping four of them) in my home. But...

Hello TS, sorry to hear how you are feeling. Winter is tougher for me due to the COLD, its a bigger downer than many realize. My favorite place to go hang (and warm up) is the library. Walk in, spend some time to find a good book, then sit down and read it. Takes your mind away to a better place (hopefully). And yeah, "It aint crowded, walkin", that's how I get around to for the most part. Only have to deal w/ aholes on cars at the crosswalks......

Is this grow still alive?

If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Plants died. I suspect that the cold temperatures did them in. Was in the low 40s a lot. Afterwards, I noticed an opening to the outside, so there would probably been air in the teens and 20s hitting the plants whenever the wind blew.

I have been impatiently waiting to germinate more seeds and try again. It's still cold, but looks like I've blocked a lot of the air and may try again soon. Was thinking I can rig something up while they're babies, maybe a light bulb directly under the containers or something, IDK. By the time they get bigger it will be warmer. Plus, an option on a grow space might open up. But I'm going to try harder to figure out if it'll be available for an entire grow, lol - as "moving" sucks - and whether myself or someone else will have more regular access, at least three times per week.

Will probably germinate within the next seven days. I can add to this thread or you can move it to Abandoned, it's up to you. I'm certainly not proud of what I have failed to accomplish, but I learned a bit about some Nirvana strains and Blue Planet Nutrients so this time ought to be somewhat easier for me.

Back
Top Bottom