I just realized that I didn't post any pics before I left town last week.

My plants have a few miles on them now, lol. I got back to a bunch of frantic messages on my machine. The grow tripped a breaker and the lady couldn't reset it (physical disability). She did open the door whenever she didn't have anyone around, but it wasn't exactly a banner week for growth. The two in FFOF soil are fine, maybe a little more stretching. The one in DWC... survived, lol (the aquarium pump was not running). I have moved the grow to yet another location temporarily - we think the grow is the only thing on the breaker. On the minus side, it was a quick move and the space is not really set up yet. Also, I have not gotten the DWC plant into the current GR yet. Need to grab someone I trust to keep the lid on so that I don't end up soaking the vehicle.

Pictures in a half-hour or so. Got to grab some chow first.

Thank you all for sticking with me.

It's remarkably hard to kill a cannabis plant by ignoring it. They grow in just about every environment other than places like Antarctica and Death Valley. Humpty Dumpty didn't fall - he was pushed, lol.

Dinner (actually, it's breakfast) is ready, pictures afterwards. <YAWN> And then bed.

Ok, in deference to the owner of the (current, lol) grow space, I've pulled things out to a neutral area and "blotted" the extraneous details. Hope to get a semi-permanent area ready in a few days as work/time permits.

The nutrients:
BlueMax_Grow_front_.JPG
BlueMax_Grow_rear_.JPG
BlueMax_Bloom_front_.JPG
BlueMax_Bloom_rear_.JPG

The soil:
product_OCEAN-FOREST1.jpg

The plants (well, two of them):
AK48
AK48_in_FFOF.JPG

Snow White
Snow_White_in_FFOF.JPG

The Grow (just kidding:)!!!):
10011_a.jpg

As mentioned, these plants spent several months in 18-ounce cups before I started this grow. Needless to say, they were root-bound. I measured the roots on the Snow White, and the longest ones (that I bothered to unwind) were just under 26" long, lol. Why kill 'em with kindness... When you can use an axe?

Lumatek

I'm liking the Lumatek ballast. It really IS silent. It's also cooler than the C&C ballasts that I had used in the past, but there is some heat. I may aim a small fan at it at some point to help the fins shed heat. Played around with it and yes it will drive an old 400-watt MH bulb at 250 watts. But I accidentally set it back to its 400-watt setting this morning when I "reset" the grow and the plants didn't explode (lol) so I'll probably leave it at that setting.

Still trying to make up my mind about using the Lumatek HPS bulb for vegetative as well as flower. The MH isn't a 6500K one (it's either 4000K or 4200K) and is probably putting out as much heat as light and with no glass between it and the girls IDK if however much UV it is producing is hard on them or not. It's also about ready for a pension, lol. But we'll see. A new one isn't really in the budget at present.

More on the Blue Planet Nutrients' BlueMax 2-Part Hydroponic Nutrients

(All information taken from the Blue Planet Nutrients website):

Quite simply, BlueMax is the best 2-part nutrient program on the market. BlueMax is formulated with the highest quality ingredients in a superior balance of pH stability and a low salt index. The 100% organic micro-nutrients used in this formula are amino acid chelated and provide the maximum nutrient use efficiency possible. Our proprietary blend of amino acids, kelp extract, extracts off microbial culture, beneficial enzymes, cytokinins, and fulvic acid provide a unique combination of natural plant hormones, growth regulators, and natural chealators. The result is the maximum yield possible for your high value plants.

BlueMax GROW 0-4-3 and BlueMax BLOOM 1-5-6 Premium 2-part nutrient program is designed for use in hydroponic culture or soil.

Used together, BlueMax promotes vigorous growth and healthy yields for your high value plants. Our 2-part line is derived from safe, non-toxic raw materials and is priced right. Blue Planet Nutrient's 2-part program will out-perform any other 2-part program or we will give you your money back. Guaranteed!
feedschedule_hydro2part.jpg

2-part_feed.jpg

Looks very interesting... How's it smell & does it dissolve well?

The nutrients do not smell like much of anything. There was a (very faint) smell when I first opened the jugs, but nothing identifiable and it might have simply been from the fact that it was about 94°F when they were delivered and (I assume) even hotter on the truck.

I have not noticed any sludge or buildup. I always do my human paint-shaker imitation before measuring out nutrients/etc., but I did open and tip both jugs up when I received them and - insofar as I could tell without giving myself an embarrassing shower, lol - I did not see any sediment on the bottom. I would not attempt to mix the two together before adding to the water - as that can sometimes cause nutrients to precipitate out in general - but I would not expect anyone to have problems as long as they properly mixed everything.

I am in.:popcorn:Looks like I got here in time to see the opening credits. :goodluck:

Glad to see you (and everyone). Cue up A Passage to Bangkok by Rush on the stereo, pack your favorite smoking/vaporizing instrument, and hang out. Not much to see yet but I am hopeful that as things progress that will change.

Picture update tomorrow night. You will not notice much difference (although I will try to remember to add a picture of the Royal Flush plant in DWC). That is probably due to the fact that the plants went from 18-ounce(?) plastic cups to two-gallon buckets (and a DWC reservoir) and they are busily growing roots (and/or recovering from the shock of going from a basically non-nutritive environment with low light/heat to a rich environment with more light and much more heat). Although I find myself wondering just how much illumination - and how much in the useful wavelengths - my old MH bulb is actually putting out. It's got quite a few hours on it now and is a general-purpose one, either 4000K or 4200K. I did decide to turn the Lumatek ballast up to its 400-watt setting, but I do not have a light meter (PAR or otherwise) and it turns out that there is no aquarium/reef club in town to my knowledge so I am unable to borrow one. My reflector is a very simple open one which doesn't have the best characteristics and also does nothing to block any UV that the MH might be outputting or the HEAT that I know it is. I do not know if this is affecting things.

I am thinking more and more about switching to my new Lumatek "high-PAR" HPS bulb soon instead of waiting until I cut the lights back to 12/12. Has anyone used a Lumatek bulb in the vegetative phase?

Re: More on the Blue Planet Nutrients' BlueMax 2-Part Hydroponic Nutrients

whats good KA!!!

hey man just throwing this in!!! I am doing the organic line for BPN's new Farmer's Pride!!! as for TS he is using the blue max i believe (please TS correct me here if im wrong!!) now that stuff's grow and bloom have a real smell to it!!! it smells almost like stinkbait for catfish!!! at least thats what it reminds me of, back when i was a lil kid with my dad fishing!! he smelt it and remembered the same thing!!! but once you mix them, there is no real smell just during the mixing!!! come check out the Farmer's Pride if you have any questions about it!!! its in the signature!!!

:peacetwo:

Haha BlueMax is civilized ;).

Although there's nothing wrong with using organics(*) and I hope to try BPN's organic Farmer's Pride some day.

(*) Most organics, that is, lol. I had a sign for a while that my ex-wife wrote and stuck to the old GR door that said "Do NOT spray any more dead fish all over the plants when the hot lights are on unless you want to have to go to the backyard to visit them next time!" But that was a cheap raw thoroughly dead fish fertilizer and I tried using a strong mix as a foliar feed :) . Worse, it was winter and I had rigged the exhaust of the lights to vent into the living room but the exhaust of the GR (no carbon filter) to vent directly into our bedroom. <DOH!>

Yes, definitely don't mix the 2 parts together in concentrated form! Always add to the water in your reservoir. That is why it is in 2 parts. For instance If you mix calcium nitrate (in part A) with monopotassium phosphate (in part B) in concentrated form, calcium phosphate would precipitate out and screw everything up. That is just one reaction that would happen. When you add to water, its all good and nothing will precipitate out :reading420magazine:
:Namaste:

whats good KA!!!

hey man just throwing this in!!! I am doing the organic line for BPN's new Farmer's Pride!!! as for TS he is using the blue max i believe (please TS correct me here if im wrong!!) now that stuff's grow and bloom have a real smell to it!!! it smells almost like stinkbait for catfish!!! at least thats what it reminds me of, back when i was a lil kid with my dad fishing!! he smelt it and remembered the same thing!!! but once you mix them, there is no real smell just during the mixing!!! come check out the Farmer's Pride if you have any questions about it!!! its in the signature!!!

:peacetwo:

OMG astonr420, you should smell it while it is composting....it is worse than horrible...but that is Organics for ya! I cannot wait to see your buds dripping with resin my friend. ;)

@TS: BWAHAHAHA!!! In the living room?!? my wife would freak!!

@Aston: I love stinkbait smell, hehe...I'm a fisherman to the sore though...that's why organics don't bother me i guess...

@BPN: I used to mix nutes together back in the day...took a while to learn to ADD TO WATER!!, LOL

Picture update will have to wait until tommorow evening, folks. I didn't get there before lights-out. Would probably be ok since they are in the vegetative phase, but I'm trying to get back into old habits of maintaining the "light-integrity." Plus, it was late and although I have been told that I can visit any time I need to, I do not wish to push it. When the weather cools, I may move things to a shed on my property if I can assure myself of security.

@TS: BWAHAHAHA!!! In the living room?!? my wife would freak!!

Nah, you missed something, lol: The exhaust from the light went into the LR, as it only smelled like "air" and helped provide heat. The GR exhaust went into our BR. That turned out to be a bad idea, as she let me know.

(No "smells like fish" jokes, please:).)

Hi TS - I'm late, but can't wait to follow along. :)

I'm just starting a Blue Planet Nutrients grow with the 3 part formula (top link in my signature) - it will be interesting to see how the 2 part works for you. Good luck my friend! :thumb:

I'll pull up a chair,I'm very interested in these nutes:peacetwo:

Back
Top Bottom