Thanks for the reminder. I think I forgot this past weekend's. I'll try to get pictures and post an update either late this evening or early tomorrow evening.

(Sort of) an update:

Can't wait for my Organic 7 pack to show! Then I'm right behind you! Good Luck! :)

You might end up in front of me, lol. Mine went into shock from spending the first, IDK, several months growing with no nutrients in Solo cups under just enough light to keep them alive. Then I stuck them into two-gallon pots of FFOF that might (lol) have been a little hotter than they wanted right away. They eagle-clawed, turned ultra-dark green, almost shiny, and started spitting out three-fingered leaves. Nitrogen OD, maybe. Could be that the pH is out of range.

I've been feeding them almost nothing - just a couple doses of BPN two-part in order to prove to myself that the BPN (and that mixed to provide VERY light nitrogen, pretty light everything else) is so healthy that it won't even harm plants that have already taken a savage beating;). And it didn't hurt them any. Kudos to BPN for that! Also, Kudos to Nirvana strains for being able to take the... experimentation <INSERT MAD CACKLE HERE> I've thrown at them.

Strangely, it's the one that looks like it might have a bit less indica in it that's snapped out of it first. Who knows? But while the shorter, stumpier, more indica-looking one has only grown a (relatively) small amount, the other one has grown more and seems to be much more along at returning to a decent shade of green and producing normal growth.

<SHRUGS> I just called it "testing for hermaphroditic disposition" :). Haven't seen any male preflowers yet (female ones are, of course, present).

I wasn't able to go to the grow tonight to take pictures. Buddy was over bummed, he's in the middle of a divorce. I probably could have split for a little while, but I wouldn't have been able to take my "kit" (nutrients, jug, measuring device, pH meter, camera) without getting a really strange look as he's grown before. I'm working tomorrow but should be finished up by 7 or so. I'll head home, grab my supplies, and hit the grow. I didn't want to run him off - I've been there.

BtW, I've got some feminized Strawberry Cough seeds that a friend made a couple years ago. I'm not worried about slight crowding at this point because I'm more wanting to familiarize myself with the strains and the nutrients than looking for top yield. So... I'm strongly tempted to germinate a couple of the SC beans. What do you all think? I am running out of the time that I've alloted myself for vegetative, as I would like to start the flowering phase by the second week in October. I could throw one in a two-liter bottle in what y'all call a "hempy" (although I may or may not drill holes in the usual location to allow for a miniature reservoir in the bottle). I could throw one into a small soil pot, possibly only transplanting it into a two-gallon pot. I could make two "hempies" (or pseudo), one in a two-liter and one in a one-and-a-half liter in order to see if there is a marked difference in growth/yield (as they won't be clones, I couldn't call it scientific because there would be some variation but I believe that the parent stock was reasonably uniform). Or I could do something else within reason (have to go with materials at hand or scavenged ones ATM).

Any of those sound good? Got a suggestion of your own?

I'm really wanting to add the strain because I would love to be able to grow it from the start with proper light, root-space, and nutrients - instead of treating it like I was Donatien Alphonse François, Marquis de Sade for the first part of its life (as I did with the others). And, well... Because it's a strain that I enjoy the taste/smell of, and it's a good, mild, "public appearance" type sativa(ish).

The SC is my favorite strain I've never tried, lol...Please do run a couple if you're able, as I'd love to watch. Selfish I know, but what can I do? It's supposed to have the high I enjoy most. Will most likely be trying one or two in the next year. Good luck whatever you decide.

Plants are looking good despite past problems, MJ is a hardy girl :) Keep up the great work!

I have not been able to check the garden recently. There is a distance issue, lol. I am going to attempt to bring everything closer to my location. It might take me a few days. The plants are still in vegetative phase ATM but I would like to switch to flowering light cycle soon. The last time I got to check on them, one was "barely holding on" but the other one looked reasonably healthy. I advised the tender to go easy on the nutrients for the sick plant.

At a guess, I'd say that the FFOF soil was pretty hot and that the runt couldn't take it. Which has me a little worried. I will most likely be transplanting them into 5-gallon buckets before flowering (they are in 2-gallon ones now), but the only soil I have to do so is more FFOF. I may be facing the difficult decision of whether to keep the runt or to turn it into a salad. Last time I saw it it looked like it was ODing on nitrogen (GREEN leaves, eagle-clawing like nothing I'd ever seen before) and I know it's not the nutrients, because the other plant was healthy - as is everyone else's.

I will be going Wednesday to take a fresh look at them. I'd like to bring everything closer then but I'm using a loaner vehicle and it's a motorcycle. I hope it doesn't rain on Wed. and that the temperatures are (at least) in the 60s.

The good news is, the larger, healthier plant has lots of preflowers - and there are visible trichomes on them. I'm taking that as a good sign. It's definitely a girl, lol. It's probably getting a little larger than it should be for only a two-gallon pot, but BPN are keeping it from going hungry.

Just found this thread as i was searching for blue planet grows to see results as i am intrested in buying some soon...hope everything works out bro..... Subbed GL

Back
Top Bottom