A Net - what for?

optical Buds

I turned and saw a forum pictures of different people have their plant network. Why should a network? Why is it contributing? pic (by ripmax user) for example -
bend1.JPG

Tying down like that is typically referred to as LST. Low Stress Technique. its often used when you want only a few shorter plants to fill in a larger area under the lights, and also when vertical space is limited. its a nice way of maximizing light sources that don't penetrate the canopy that well, while keeping plant numbers down.

Screening (SCROG = Screen Of Green) is basically the same thing. it just uses mesh or a screen instead of separate restraints.

My understanding is plant hormones tell the top buds on MJ to mature bigger and faster, when you LST or SCROG all the branches are essentially top branches and the hormones tell all the bud sites to bud nice and fat. -But it could be that they all get the same amount of light too...?

also, you can get more bud sites over the plant by doing that..

think of the brach being layed down, so it tries to grow up,, then all the nodes send up branches,, etc..

tnx guys.. i dont think I need a net currently, But I will try to use it at a later stage

Always good to know more :reading420magazine:

LOL.. and what about my icon "MAKE LOVE :peace: NOT WAR"

Back
Top Bottom