DIY grow boxes, cabinets, tents: show 'em off!

Started off in a small tent camouflage in the corner of the garage. You know how hard it is to hide a grow tent? Its hard!

Tarps, blankets, boxes, it was a chore to undo everything to even get in it. But nobody knew it was there.
After a couple auto grows I knew something had to change. Looked at what I had on hand and this is what I was able to put together. Only paid 15$ for one board (so i didn't have to wait till monday)and then 15$ for paint.

2x5x8

And nobody knows its there
:rollit:
Except you.......
OOTD, after all this time I finally get to see how you stealth’d the grow cabinet in the garage. I am more impressed as usual.

Started off in a small tent camouflage in the corner of the garage. You know how hard it is to hide a grow tent? Its hard!

Tarps, blankets, boxes, it was a chore to undo everything to even get in it. But nobody knew it was there.
After a couple auto grows I knew something had to change. Looked at what I had on hand and this is what I was able to put together. Only paid 15$ for one board (so i didn't have to wait till monday)and then 15$ for paint.

2x5x8

And nobody knows its there
:rollit:
Except you.......
Beautiful clean build! Love the stealthness!!

People will have access to different materials in different countries, but could the community figure out what sort of size and equipment would best be used to build stealth grow cabinets?

Kinda like @VetSmoke85's earlier post.

What's a small yet decent size to grow in? What type of boxes, cabinets, or wardrobes would be best? What size intake and outtake fans, what size carbon or other filter, type of lights, light trap, etc.

Even a fantasy wishlist for a stealth cabinet would be neat. Something that can be built DIY, not too expensive, and preferably without needing a fully stocked toolshed or degree in wiring to build it.

People will have access to different materials in different countries, but could the community figure out what sort of size and equipment would best be used to build stealth grow cabinets?

What's a small yet decent size to grow in? What type of boxes, cabinets, or wardrobes would be best? What size intake and outtake fans, what size carbon or other filter, type of lights, light trap, etc.

Even a fantasy wishlist for a stealth cabinet would be neat. Something that can be built DIY, not too expensive, and preferably without needing a fully stocked toolshed or degree in wiring to build it.
I guess it really depends on the individuals circumstances, budget, technical knowledge etc etc. If I make another I'd likely go for a minimum of 3ft tall and similar width/depth I have now. Easy to get second hand office/home cabinets to convert or buy some MDF or plywood sheets to build your own. I'd recommend a quantum board for lighting as they are low profile, no noisy fans to cool, don't produce much heat, cheap to run & can mount the driver externally. Saves some room inside. There are a few small carbon filters out there like mine. 120mm USB PC fans will do the job for extraction in a small space. Cheap to run and replace, quiet and easily mounted on the back. Mylar sheeting or flat white paint for the inside won't break the bank. I used foam window seals around the door. I think part of the fun is just trying things out and seeing what works. If I ever get around to building one from scratch as I'd like to do I will definitely document the whole build on here.

For size of filters, fans etc you just need to do the calculations for the size of cabinet you will build. So I have a 120mm fan that is 56CFM and the can-lite 150 filter that is 150mm diameter and 300mm long. Think it's a 100mm adapter ring on the base. They work really nicely. I started with DIY filters and they're nowhere near as effective and more restrictive on the airflow.

Hi all, stealth friends.
This is my stealthbox.
As soon as this grow ends i'll try to improve it. Want to reach a better level of insulation overall.

armadio esterno.jpg

overall.jpg

22-08.jpg

I guess it really depends on the individuals circumstances, budget, technical knowledge etc etc. If I make another I'd likely go for a minimum of 3ft tall and similar width/depth I have now. Easy to get second hand office/home cabinets to convert or buy some MDF or plywood sheets to build your own. I'd recommend a quantum board for lighting as they are low profile, no noisy fans to cool, don't produce much heat, cheap to run & can mount the driver externally. Saves some room inside. There are a few small carbon filters out there like mine. 120mm USB PC fans will do the job for extraction in a small space. Cheap to run and replace, quiet and easily mounted on the back. Mylar sheeting or flat white paint for the inside won't break the bank. I used foam window seals around the door. I think part of the fun is just trying things out and seeing what works. If I ever get around to building one from scratch as I'd like to do I will definitely document the whole build on here.

Cool thanks. I guess it'd be easier to look for types of boxes to grow in, rather than specific equipment, which will vary by circumstances, country, price, etc.

Just stumbled across this thread and had to drop some info on my build to keep things going. It’s been years in the making to get to where I am doing it on the side as a hobby. Disclaimer: I built everything pictured here 100% myself, including wiring all outlets and tapping into the main electrical panel, anyone is capable with the right research.... :blunt:My clone box I built is 2’x2’x2’ and it’s on stilts soo the cloner can hang down thru it. It has been extremely successful at cloning, soo far having a 100% success rate on over 200 plants over time.
The main flower room initially started as a 6’x8’x7’ but when moving into the home were in now, due to space restrictions it got cut down to a 5’x6’, which actually worked perfect for building my 2’x3’x5’ veg box.
I initially started off growing in hydro and had a very elaborate nutrient resivoir/transfer station which involved almost 20 valves to make everything go where it needed to but what a difference over carrying buckets! That’s where my nutrient cart idea came into play, I can wheel it to whatever room needs watering, or outside to dump it. And as someone who loves building things, I figured how can I have all these rooms with nowhere to dry my stash?!? Soo I built a drying box as well that’s 1’x1’x4’ with a computer fan at the top with a compost bin charcoal filter folded in half then cut to fit over the fan to help stop the smell, and I must admit works much better than expected, and picked up a dehumidistat to control the fan soo it doesn’t dry too fast or slow, with a hygrometer to monitor actual humidity. Soo far the room has been a big success, I’ve had reallyyyyy good grows, but I’ve also had some crappy ones too, some part has played into laziness but I like chalking it up as bad genetics. Fortunately my northern lights I’ve had going for about 4 cycles now is starting to come around as a decent yeilder and getting some hardiness finally. Although I’m mostly excited for the GREAT Grand Daddy Purple and Blue Cookies I recently inherited clones from that were just phased into the veg tent. Absolutely love seeing other people’s ingenuity and willingness to grow their favorite plant.

Attachments

• 3CA0ABB0-EB30-48C1-937B-55F2D02E8B8C.jpeg
    3CA0ABB0-EB30-48C1-937B-55F2D02E8B8C.jpeg
    640.5 KB · Views: 128
  • 873F0BBB-1C9C-432D-BF4C-400FDE07AD94.jpeg
    873F0BBB-1C9C-432D-BF4C-400FDE07AD94.jpeg
    459.4 KB · Views: 124
  • B155E2FB-63C8-468E-B6EA-AF745AA61186.jpeg
    B155E2FB-63C8-468E-B6EA-AF745AA61186.jpeg
    560.5 KB · Views: 125
  • 8E393E44-4CBD-41BA-83EB-B5B692BDAC69.jpeg
    8E393E44-4CBD-41BA-83EB-B5B692BDAC69.jpeg
    657.3 KB · Views: 134
  • 54C188E3-647B-46CD-ABE5-A10EAB5B944C.jpeg
    54C188E3-647B-46CD-ABE5-A10EAB5B944C.jpeg
    835.7 KB · Views: 134
Just stumbled across this thread and had to drop some info on my build to keep things going. It’s been years in the making to get to where I am doing it on the side as a hobby. Disclaimer: I built everything pictured here 100% myself, including wiring all outlets and tapping into the main electrical panel, anyone is capable with the right research.... :blunt:My clone box I built is 2’x2’x2’ and it’s on stilts soo the cloner can hang down thru it. It has been extremely successful at cloning, soo far having a 100% success rate on over 200 plants over time.
The main flower room initially started as a 6’x8’x7’ but when moving into the home were in now, due to space restrictions it got cut down to a 5’x6’, which actually worked perfect for building my 2’x3’x5’ veg box.
I initially started off growing in hydro and had a very elaborate nutrient resivoir/transfer station which involved almost 20 valves to make everything go where it needed to but what a difference over carrying buckets! That’s where my nutrient cart idea came into play, I can wheel it to whatever room needs watering, or outside to dump it. And as someone who loves building things, I figured how can I have all these rooms with nowhere to dry my stash?!? Soo I built a drying box as well that’s 1’x1’x4’ with a computer fan at the top with a compost bin charcoal filter folded in half then cut to fit over the fan to help stop the smell, and I must admit works much better than expected, and picked up a dehumidistat to control the fan soo it doesn’t dry too fast or slow, with a hygrometer to monitor actual humidity. Soo far the room has been a big success, I’ve had reallyyyyy good grows, but I’ve also had some crappy ones too, some part has played into laziness but I like chalking it up as bad genetics. Fortunately my northern lights I’ve had going for about 4 cycles now is starting to come around as a decent yeilder and getting some hardiness finally. Although I’m mostly excited for the GREAT Grand Daddy Purple and Blue Cookies I recently inherited clones from that were just phased into the veg tent. Absolutely love seeing other people’s ingenuity and willingness to grow their favorite plant.

Beautiful write up, and I love the clean well thought out builds!

Beautiful write up, and I love the clean well thought out builds!
Thank you sir, it has been a lot of work and dedication, as well as literal blood sweat and tears, when doing my builds I try to plan for long term as I look at it as an investment, my next big step is upgrading to cobs and ditching the blurples, thatll be a nice day. Then once we move into a new home with a basement, I’ll Sheetrock the rooms and insulate very well with heat pumps and add co2 at that point, baby steps, but definitely keeping the end goal in mind at all stages

Thank you sir, it has been a lot of work and dedication, as well as literal blood sweat and tears, when doing my builds I try to plan for long term as I look at it as an investment, my next big step is upgrading to cobs and ditching the blurples, thatll be a nice day. Then once we move into a new home with a basement, I’ll Sheetrock the rooms and insulate very well with heat pumps and add co2 at that point, baby steps, but definitely keeping the end goal in mind at all stages

Sounds exactly like my plans and building. I understand the blood, sweat, and tears....pain is a constant in my life.

But I'm truly impressed and love your build. I gotta get around to a small drying/curing box for my next build.

Sounds exactly like my plans and building. I understand the blood, sweat, and tears....pain is a constant in my life.

But I'm truly impressed and love your build. I gotta get around to a small drying/curing box for my next build.
I recommend going with a larger fan than I used on my box, it’s not quite enough to keep up when you first chop, I ended up leaving the door open the first couple days, but we’ve also been getting monsoon like rains recently all humidity has naturally been really high. When I get a boost in motivation :rofl: and after this months harvest, I’m probably upgrading to a fan almost double in size for more control. The kind words definitely mean a lot though, if ya ever have any questions along the way feel free to send over a PM, always willing to help out a fellow stoner:passitleft:

Some ideas...the final cabinet works as planned...
9FD71F58-30B6-49BA-B0F7-01F49816D1D4.jpeg
86D68DBA-E97B-4643-8BC0-F14BF25A9C12.jpeg
FE79E581-4263-4E75-895D-2919E0E83993.jpeg
94C66E33-63EB-4602-A37F-ADA700C93E17.jpeg

camaro..man...very crafty...getting some ideas

camaro..man...very crafty...getting some ideas
Thanks man! Just about where I want to be going into winter, just chopped 4 over the weekend that were finally done flowering, 5 more went from veg to flower, and 16 more clones were taken. Been a long time to get it to a perpetual grow, soo we’ll see how much I enjoy it, hopefully more than seasonal. Now I need to build a mother room though :lot-o-toke: and I’m glad I can spark some ideas for ya, even if something doesn’t apply to your room if you/ or anyone for that matter, have questions I’m glad to share my knowledge with others to hopefully help them avoid any issues or screwups I’ve run into along the way, cause not everything you see online will execute as well as others display from my back pockets experience:rofl:

This is my home made cabinet... 2x4x6 ...we've been on a growing journey for sure as i built it for my first grow not really knowing what to expect, etc. It's been a work in progress with many changes along the way. It's got a few more holes and screws and such in it as I have shifted growing styles many times from bagseed under chinese blurple lights to scrogs to SOGS to an ebb and flow table under a 315 LEC to fabric pots under Quantum board LEDs!
It's on small casters and has been moved around a few times and like the crate is discreet enough that i have chatted with neighbors in the driveway with the garage door wide open and they had no clue there was a grow 15 feet away!

Attachments

• 20200901_020001.jpg
    20200901_020001.jpg
    496.7 KB · Views: 110
  • 20200901_015921.jpg
    20200901_015921.jpg
    574.1 KB · Views: 110
  • 20200901_015854.jpg
    20200901_015854.jpg
    431.1 KB · Views: 115
Back
Top Bottom