DIY grow boxes, cabinets, tents: show 'em off!

Thanks for the input, and awesome plants, I have one more question, so my tent is 2x3x4 and my closet is 3x3, would two plants in each space yield more than just one b happier and do better, obviously depending on many variables throughout the grow, but on average?

Lots of variables in that like you said ;), as if you fill your space with one plant it is going to take longer in Veg to fill said space, if you growing Regs have the issue of putting a lot of time into a Male whereas Fem seeds less likely but Hermies can have same effect to a point. So it's kind of a "too each their own" and "your results may vary on your driving habits/conditions" ;) :rofl: . I'm a glutton for punishment ;) so rarely do I not have more than one strain going at a time, so deal with all the challenges with them having different wants/likes/how they want to grow, so that can factor in if you just want to focus on one strain then just one plant may get you more than two (or it may not as you putting all your eggs into one basket so to speak). Try both eventually and you will get a better idea of what works best for your style and what is most productive for you or makes the most sense to you. Just remember "change likes to rear it's ugly head" ;) when ever it wants to or it feels you really need to adapt once again as you are too complacent for it's liking :rofl:, which throws a wrench into your whole "system" you have come up with that "works for you".

I’m also thinking of using a 10gal Rubbermaid tote for the reservoir instead of the 5 gal bucket, it’s only 8 inches compared to the bucket is almost 14, so 6 inches more inches in height available and twice the reservoir, my only concern is useing twice the nutes to do the same job

I got the zipper today to make the door, but I just cant seem to curve it to make the door shape,anyone have a fix for this, I might have to go with Velcro if I can’t figure it out

I got the zipper today to make the door, but I just cant seem to curve it to make the door shape,anyone have a fix for this, I might have to go with Velcro if I can’t figure it out
Can you take pics showing how it lines up? (The zipper)

It’s a straight zipper so I think maybe u can’t curve them,it’s like zipper tape, I thought it would b more ply able
image.jpg

It’s a straight zipper so I think maybe u can’t curve them,it’s like zipper tape, I thought it would b more ply able
image.jpg

Well what you could do is try heat (hair dryer?) to make it bendable. Personally I wouldn't risk the damage and just make an "L" door

I'm going to be doing this soon. Putting plastic up and add zippers. The radius has got me thinking. I was thinking velcro myself.

Yeah I would way rather zipper and it seemed simple enough but in execution it’s a lot more difficult than I thought, unless u buy a specific door shaped zipper, which is like 50$-75$ so not practical, I’m waiting on Velcro. And make a over hanging flap with gorilla tape and Velcro it

Yeah I would way rather zipper and it seemed simple enough but in execution it’s a lot more difficult than I thought, unless u buy a specific door shaped zipper, which is like 50$-75$ so not practical, I’m waiting on Velcro. And make a over hanging flap with gorilla tape and Velcro it
Magnets may be another Idea
$50-$75 how do people making tents make money :passitleft:

When I started researching my own setup I looked into stealth grow cabinets. Those things look amazing. I might have to add a stealth cabinet build as a future project. A nice looking wooden wardrobe would be fun to build with. Would be interesting trying to fit the lights, filter, fans, and everything else into it. Lotta building stuff I'd have to learn. The plan would be stealthy enough people could stand right next to it and just think it's a nice piece of furniture and not realize there's a tree growing inside.

When I started researching my own setup I looked into stealth grow cabinets. Those things look amazing. I might have to add a stealth cabinet build as a future project. A nice looking wooden wardrobe would be fun to build with. Would be interesting trying to fit the lights, filter, fans, and everything else into it. Lotta building stuff I'd have to learn. The plan would be stealthy enough people could stand right next to it and just think it's a nice piece of furniture and not realize there's a tree growing inside.
That would be a fun project to do!!

Hey guys! Hope I can join in the fun. Been hoping for a thread like this. I built a small stealth cabinet last year. Completed 3 grows, had a 10 month break after the latest offspring arrived and just started my 4th grow now. I have to keep things lowkey so built this and it's worked a treat so far. I kind of like the challenge of growing in a small space too. Last grow I squeezed 3 autos inside and got 5oz dry.

So it's an old office under desk drawer cabinet I got from work and converted.
Height: 2.08 ft
Width: 1.4 ft
Depth: 1.8 ft
Lighting: HLG 65W quantum board
Air exchange: can-lite 150 charcoal filter with 56CFM 5V USB fan, passive intake under bottom front with light trap. A couple of 12V computer fans hanging inside for circulation.

20200805_115020.jpg

20200805_103420.jpg

This is the latest version of the cabinet. It started off with DIY charcoal filters and a DIY light fitting but they were soon upgraded. I would like to build another one from scratch at some point.

Started off in a small tent camouflage in the corner of the garage. You know how hard it is to hide a grow tent? Its hard!

Tarps, blankets, boxes, it was a chore to undo everything to even get in it. But nobody knew it was there.
After a couple auto grows I knew something had to change. Looked at what I had on hand and this is what I was able to put together. Only paid 15$ for one board (so i didn't have to wait till monday)and then 15$ for paint.

2x5x8

And nobody knows its there
:rollit:
Except you.......

Hey guys! Hope I can join in the fun. Been hoping for a thread like this. I built a small stealth cabinet last year. Completed 3 grows, had a 10 month break after the latest offspring arrived and just started my 4th grow now. I have to keep things lowkey so built this and it's worked a treat so far. I kind of like the challenge of growing in a small space too. Last grow I squeezed 3 autos inside and got 5oz dry.

So it's an old office under desk drawer cabinet I got from work and converted.
Height: 2.08 ft
Width: 1.4 ft
Depth: 1.8 ft
Lighting: HLG 65W quantum board
Air exchange: can-lite 150 charcoal filter with 56CFM 5V USB fan, passive intake under bottom front with light trap. A couple of 12V computer fans hanging inside for circulation.

This is the latest version of the cabinet. It started off with DIY charcoal filters and a DIY light fitting but they were soon upgraded. I would like to build another one from scratch at some point.

very clean and inconspicuous. Nice grow in there.

Back
Top Bottom