DIY grow boxes, cabinets, tents: show 'em off!

So, theres so much ingenuity on here I thought it would be nice to make a thread where members can choose one or two pics of their build to show them off with pride. Don't be intimidated by other's builds, take inspiration, we have some talented growers and builders. I never built anything in my life since the younger days of helping my Dad. i had to buy a saw and drill and other tools just to start building.

But the story of my build started on this forum, this is the place where I got my inspiration from, and I hope this thread can help inspire others if enough members post pics of their builds.

I'll post a couple a couple pics of mine later today/this evening.

Enjoy the pics, discuss, ask for, or share ideas for improvement, but don't be shy to also share where your build could be made better (there's a lot of lurkers out there who could also benefit).

To get this started, I'm going to tag a few people and hope they dont mind! I'm sure I've missed more then a few who I hope will join in (tag them if you don't think they'll mind!)

@BudPacient @cr8grow @Stormblessed
@2 Wheels

I have some growtent mylar zipper tape coming Monday, I’ll make a door and seal that last side when that arrives, I’ve been it there a few times and only light I see is from unsealed side, there was light coming from the bottom bit I put installation foam strip under it, only reason it’s empty is I’m waiting for seed to sprout and I have both lights in my closet waiting to sex another plant b4 I move one
7E1F59E6-D309-4677-9409-3A8AC5EC3D1C.jpeg
E24284D3-644B-42C8-B4C7-4DD044387F9A.jpeg
724F726B-36FF-4D90-9184-6D32E85E401B.jpeg
image.jpg
image.jpg

The crate...just trimmed grow 2 yesterday. Passive intake rear at pot height, through HEPA filter. 4” extraction fan with carbon filter. No smell and no light leaks. Light is a CMH 315w..4k bulb for veg and 3k for flower.
0720DF0F-19B1-4C35-ACB6-BCB4F17F256C.jpeg
B9CC1D90-8613-41FC-B7AC-CCC43C5B2BBE.jpeg
FA839F77-FBBF-49B4-9D40-7E0A603BA90C.jpeg
Love how neat and well built your cabinet is. That light trap is something I may copy after my current grow. Awesome craftsmanship in your build.

I have some growtent mylar zipper tape coming Monday, I’ll make a door and seal that last side when that arrives, I’ve been it there a few times and only light I see is from unsealed side, there was light coming from the bottom bit I put installation foam strip under it, only reason it’s empty is I’m waiting for seed to sprout and I have both lights in my closet waiting to sex another plant b4 I move one
7E1F59E6-D309-4677-9409-3A8AC5EC3D1C.jpeg
E24284D3-644B-42C8-B4C7-4DD044387F9A.jpeg
724F726B-36FF-4D90-9184-6D32E85E401B.jpeg
image.jpg
image.jpg

I have high props for anyone who grows in such small spaces, takes a lot of attention to the ladies.

It gets a little warm with both the lights in there for now, when I see it get towards 84-85 I just open the door a little, easy enough now while I’m not working cause the pandemic but wouldn’t work if I was working

My new tent I haven’t used yet but I’m gonna put my 300w led in there at least until I get a real harvest and can justify spending more lol, so it shouldn’t get to hot for now

It kills me because I have the room and will to build a big grow room, only issue is I also have a landlord that likes to come change the ac filter every now and then lol I think just check on the place a little lol

It kills me because I have the room and will to build a big grow room, only issue is I also have a landlord that likes to come change the ac filter every now and then lol I think just check on the place a little lol
Yup, I hear you there. I made mine so I can quickly disconnect the exhaust, and once unplugged the dampers on the exhaust and intake close sealing it up. The 55L reservoir then acts like a thermal battery and helps keep the temp of the root zone under control.

It a 4x8 x8 RDWC , 2x 1000w HPS,,, looked kinda funny when I only put 4 plants in this time, but that changed..
Very neat setup! Love the covers idea! My lids are 3/4 plywood, yours has a nice reflective value and help keep the roots cooler.

I started with a pre-made grow cabinet I had bought before I had a clue on anything :rofl: once it got here I realized 3 foot tall cabinet isn't much grow space as the pot and the light eat up a large portion of your usable height (footprint on that box is only 8" x 14"), but I still use it for seedlings and clones and works well for that. Then bought a homemade linen cabinet kind of thing at Habitat for Humanity for $30 and then the idea was to mimic the grow box I had built, but didn't measure height in my shed and went to stand it up and 8' tall it hit the rafters before it was all the way upright :rofl:. So it had a fixed shelf in it at the 4' height and pegboard kind of movable shelves in the rest of it, so cut it in half at the top of the fixed shelf and then added 2 feet to the bottom (which became the top) and had a 4' and a 6' cabinet (footprint on mine is 21" x 14" so more space but not enough ;) :rofl: ) to go with my 3' one. So ended up putting floor/walls/ceiling in my shed and use about a 3' x 5' footprint of it as rest of the shed has the bigger box and all my other crap and the two smaller ones in the house (the 4' one I use for younger plants and my breeding experiments).

Mine either side and premade black one in the middle:

inside of premade one:

Inside of my two:

Shed before and after kind of thing ;)

Blurples first year and a half or so and then I upgraded to the not kill your eyeballs white LED new technology stuff when the blurples started burning out bulbs ;) , and started using more of my space as moved two of the boxes inside house in later pics (last couple pics are from plants from last fall).

Awesome builds man, yeah I built mine 4 foot tall but wish I made it 5 already and I haven’t even used it yet lol but I really just planned to use it for veg, is 4 tall enough to do a scrog grow till the end?

I started with a pre-made grow cabinet I had bought before I had a clue on anything :rofl: once it got here I realized 3 foot tall cabinet isn't much grow space as the pot and the light eat up a large portion of your usable height (footprint on that box is only 8" x 14"), but I still use it for seedlings and clones and works well for that. Then bought a homemade linen cabinet kind of thing at Habitat for Humanity for $30 and then the idea was to mimic the grow box I had built, but didn't measure height in my shed and went to stand it up and 8' tall it hit the rafters before it was all the way upright :rofl:. So it had a fixed shelf in it at the 4' height and pegboard kind of movable shelves in the rest of it, so cut it in half at the top of the fixed shelf and then added 2 feet to the bottom (which became the top) and had a 4' and a 6' cabinet (footprint on mine is 21" x 14" so more space but not enough ;) :rofl: ) to go with my 3' one. So ended up putting floor/walls/ceiling in my shed and use about a 3' x 5' footprint of it as rest of the shed has the bigger box and all my other crap and the two smaller ones in the house (the 4' one I use for younger plants and my breeding experiments).

Mine either side and premade black one in the middle:

inside of premade one:

Inside of my two:

Shed before and after kind of thing ;)

Blurples first year and a half or so and then I upgraded to the not kill your eyeballs white LED new technology stuff when the blurples started burning out bulbs ;) , and started using more of my space as moved two of the boxes inside house in later pics (last couple pics are from plants from last fall).

Dwight's that's both awesome and funny story! Love the pics and how it shows the evolution of your growing space.
I never thought about a staggered harvest (I have one plant that's delayed due to a stressful youth). And love the pic of the cabinet with seedlings/clones on top, I may copy that idea for some drying space!

Awesome builds man, yeah I built mine 4 foot tall but wish I made it 5 already and I haven’t even used it yet lol but I really just planned to use it for veg, is 4 tall enough to do a scrog grow till the end?

Well, I'm no expert, but I'd say yes...difficult but yes depending on grow method and setup it could be done with even just one plant with a long veg.

There are ways around/working with height issues, like training and scrog etc....bit harder to find anything that works when your footprint is too small ;) :rofl: I've gone full cycle in my 4' and it's footprint is 21" x14" so right around 2 sq feet footprint total. Depends how tall they are but I can get 1-3 oz total off 2 plants in my little space, as started in there and then will run testers or breeding experiments in my cabinet (though I usually use the 6 ft one for that as 4 ft is in the house and the old lady don't like the smell, why we smoke outside......if the lady not happy nobody will be happy in the household ;) :rofl: ).

My first two when I was learning which were Clones I got at Dispensary, got just under a 1/2 oz on one and just over a 1/2 oz on the other, and that was something as I had gone thru about all the issues one manages to come up with on your first grow, so anything is better than nothing first time as nothing is quite easily done at first also.

Various others that I went full cycle in the boxes, the smaller ones were testing seeds I made so I wasn't really trying to use the space as was more curious how it was than looking for quantity of any sort (and quality always priority, as I'd rather have a 1/2 oz of good stuff than 4 oz's of crap ;) I know I'm weird like that :rofl: )

Thanks for the input, and awesome plants, I have one more question, so my tent is 2x3x4 and my closet is 3x3, would two plants in each space yield more than just one b happier and do better, obviously depending on many variables throughout the grow, but on average?

Back
Top Bottom