Acapulco Gold & Tangerine Dream?

art fog

I just ordered Acapulco Gold (AG) and Tangerine Dream (TD) since then I have read that there are AG that are Indica dominate and that TD seeds only grow 1 or 2 out of 5 tries. Both are coming from Barney's Farm. Does anyone know the true story behind these feminized seeds. Thanks

I didn't grow the acapulco gold by AG but did grow the tangerine dream by barneys farms. If you check a old post of mine "tangerine dream no buds" you will see mine and others that posted and grew it.
I must say that there is a problem with their stock or just bad genes. I and others grew this strain out and i let mine go for 70 days, and it didn't bud. I did everything i could to get it to bud but it wouldn't bud. Others had the same problem. I been growing for over 10years now and this has never happened to me. I sent a e-mail to Barneys Farms and never got a reply back. I have seen grows on youtube but never completed in forums.Seems to me they only care about the buck. I wish you good luck with your grow and maybe your be the luckey :goodluck:one.

Flipper

Thanks Flipper. I just sent an email to Barneys posing the questions and waiting for a response. They have been establishing themselves so I am sure they (Derry etc.) will have to consider this. I will keep everyone updated. Thanks again.

I have to say 4 of my 5 AG beans popped and the 5th would have but i gave it to a friend and he said it didnt work but cant say for sure ? In fact he killed 20 other beans in that germ tray. so dont have faith in him for germing. I ve ordered 8 new barneys seeds and only two no shows after beans split and the tap popped but that could be me as i messed up and sprouted beans with nutes :( so cant say for sure that the bank or carrier did any thing wrong. So with that said My AG worked flawlessly. The plants worked great, i ve never grown any thing worth posting pics about till my ag :) Ran into problems as it was my first RDWC/ bubbler bucket grow. But they as you can see in my first journal turned out great, even with some higher temps. My only gripe about the ag strain is that they took for ever and then some to finish. They taste great and smell awesome. Pm me if you need anything Art

I didn't grow the acapulco gold by AG but did grow the tangerine dream by barneys farms. If you check a old post of mine "tangerine dream no buds" you will see mine and others that posted and grew it.
I must say that there is a problem with their stock or just bad genes. I and others grew this strain out and i let mine go for 70 days, and it didn't bud. I did everything i could to get it to bud but it wouldn't bud. Others had the same problem. I been growing for over 10years now and this has never happened to me. I sent a e-mail to Barneys Farms and never got a reply back. I have seen grows on youtube but never completed in forums.Seems to me they only care about the buck. I wish you good luck with your grow and maybe your be the luckey :goodluck:one.

Flipper

Flipper, the last correspondence I promised to update you w/ any information.
I finally planted the seed, tangerine dream, in soil under normal conditions but no sprout, nothing at all. It was over 3 weeks before I went through the soil to find the seed. The seed was still whole. I scored it and placed it in between a moist napkin then place it in a plastic bag left open in a heat box I made for starting seeds. After about 4 days the seed was cracked several days later I looked to find a small growth. I then placed it in soil and it never grew past that point. The seed did struggle to grow.
If in the future I suspect such difficulty I would have scored the seed (w/ sand paper or knife) and soaked it over night before planting it in soil under a warn light.
I am going to direct this information to Barney's Farm.

ive ordered twice from single seed centre 4 feminized total i just got tg and ak48 both are doing extremely well people got to remember the way there grown from seed has alot to do with the way they turn out.the first 2 feminized i ordered was nl and dutch delight both very healthy upbringin and turned out perfect.tg i have now is at a foot and its a female for sure

The complaint here was that the seed, Tangerine Dream never began to grow. There have been several others who had the same problem. I usually have no problems growing from seed but I couldn't , like the others, Barney's Farm's Tangerine Dream did not get off the ground. It may be just that line of seed but it is worth noting for everyones benefit. I have sent correspondence on this matter to Barney's Farm but they have not replied.
p.s. Attn Derry do the right thing.

Back
Top Bottom