Acapulco Gold, Hydro, By Gwhunran 2023

Acapulco Gold
Day 80 since flip.

Harvest time.

I started with the one in front and mostly just cut stalks above the 1st screen. Then I cut the one on the right, and finally the one on the left. I hung them as I cut them and took a picture after each plant was hung. The plant in the front which yielded the least, had good looking buds with a nice mostly floral smell as I cut and hung them. While cutting and hanging the biggest of the three, the plant on the right, I noticed the same floral smells along with something sweet that I can't figure out yet. It probably accounted for over half the harvest. The last one cut was the one on the left. More than the front plant, less than the plant on the right. This was the most Sativa looking pheno in the tray. Well hold on here, :oops: this plant doesn't smell the same. It's a piney resinous smell.:cheesygrinsmiley: Oh my, 🤩 hoping for some of that old Mexicani smell and taste.🤩:cheesygrinsmiley::bong:

I will dry them just like this and then jar and cure them.
The drying area has the de-humidifier now. The Blueberry plants will do fine with just the AC. I don't have to worry about the relative humidity going too low anytime soon.

This was a big harvest. I think I may have a pound of top colas alone.:oops::cheesygrinsmiley:

The equipment will be cleaned, the new fan will be hung, the light will be centered better, a few hard points will be added to the ceiling for future mounting.

The Golden Tiger is being moved to the diy DWC, where they will reside until their moved to the big room. Calling it day one of veg. All three were sprouted yesterday. One has been up a couple of days. Will post a journal on them when they go into the big room.

AG Day 80 Flower (18) front plant.JPG

Acapulco Gold, Day 80 flower. Front plant. Smallest of the three.

AG Day 80 Flower (19)1plant on right added.jpg

Acapulco Gold, Day 80 flower. Plant one in the back, plant two in front.

AG Day 80 Flower (20)two out of three cut.JPG

Acapulco Gold, Day 80 flower. Two down, one to go.

AG Day 80 Flower (21)1plant on left added.jpg

Acapulco Gold, Day 80 flower. All three plants hanging, the one on the left in front. What a smell.:cheesygrinsmiley::bong:

AG Day 80 Flower (24) looking up at hanging colas.JPG

Acapulco Gold, Day 80 flower. On the floor looking up at the hanging colas.:cheesygrinsmiley:

AG Day 80 Flower (23) looking up at hanging colas.JPG

Acapulco Gold, Day 80 flower. On the floor looking up at the hanging colas, with a flash. :cheesygrinsmiley::bong:

AG Day 80 Flower (24) harvested.JPG

Acapulco Gold, Day 80 flower. After harvest, put the shop vac to work, will finish getting ready for the Golden Tiger tomorrow. After the dentist.:oops:

It sounds like they’re done but the drinking still concerns me a little. But you know better than me cause you’re there and you know you’re plants. CL🍀
Capn. It was a delight to the nose this morning, as the stalks were cut and the colas were gently hung. I'm pretty sure this is not only going to be good buzz potential, its powerfully good smelling too and I know the cured buds 6 weeks from now will be even better. I can't wait to try some of the piney smelling sativa looking buds. I won't turn my nose up at the others but they just smell great. :laugh::bong:

Capn. It was a delight to the nose this morning, as the stalks were cut and the colas were gently hung. I'm pretty sure this is not only going to be good buzz potential, it’s powerfully good smelling too and I know the cured buds 6 weeks from now will be even better. I can't wait to try some of the piney smelling sativa looking buds. I won't turn my nose up at the others but they just smell great. :laugh::bong:
Sounds awesome 👏, are you going to sample a little before it’s cured? CL🍀

Sounds awesome 👏, are you going to sample a little before it’s cured? CL🍀
Capn, the big buds you see hanging will be cured first, the small stuff on the hanging stalks will go into the bubble hash or rosin pile. I also have a couple of containers of not quite hanging stalks but with nice end buds on them. I will probably sample those first.:hmmmm::bong::cheesygrinsmiley:

Capn, the big buds you see hanging will be cured first, the small stuff on the hanging stalks will go into the bubble hash or rosin pile. I also have a couple of containers of not quite hanging stalks but with nice end buds on them. I will probably sample those first.:hmmmm::bong::cheesygrinsmiley:
Have you considered trying to make a cob? I know that it takes quite some time before you get to enjoy any. But @Hombre del Monte swears by them. Just a thought 💭. CL🍀. :thumb: :cheesygrinsmiley:

Capn, I hate to admit that I'm not sure what that is. :rolleyes: :hmmmm::cheesygrinsmiley:
Here's a link to a thread about them.

Thanks Mel that was very helpful, I was considering making some but I’m not crazy about spending more money on vacuum sealing gizmo. CL🍀. :thumb: :cheesygrinsmiley:

Interesting. I might try it sometime, I'd need the vacuum sealer too. We have one but I don't know it's condition, it's been a few years since it's been out of the box.

Story Time:
I may have smoked some homegrown that had some of this effect in the 70s. :hmmmm:
Where I lived in small town Northeast Arkansas at the time, there were a few months out of the year when all you could obtain was homegrown, and this is not our homegrown of today. It for the most part sucked, was bud free, and smelled more like hay than weed.
One time we got a bag that had a lot of fermentation going on. It was a little damp and darker than normal but it could be smoked. The seller said that it had been soaked with psilocyblin juice. It didn't taste particularly good but did it ever hit hard.:oops:
I was a teenager and I was so high and a lot paranoid about how high I was.:oops: When I got home, the family was sitting around watching TV. I couldn't join in. I told them I didn't feel good and went straight to bed. :rolleyes::laugh:
What a memory you have brought up.:cheesygrinsmiley::bong:

I may have to make it sometime. Maybe I'll get enough Golden Tiger to give it a try? :cheesygrinsmiley:
From everything I’ve read about it ,it seems that the people that have done it are sold on it. And they don’t want anything else from their bud. CL🍀. :thumb: :cheesygrinsmiley:

Does it really taste good? :hmmmm:
Idk I never had any but I’m thinking 🤔 it might because a lot of people would rather eat it than smoke it. And from what I’ve read about it they say it lasts like 4-5 hours. That’s pretty amazing that a dose lasts that long. CL🍀

@Stunger was talking about how he uses cobs a little while ago in his most recent journal.
Here's a post where he talks about the process, and then the effects. He spoke about how they taste at some point, but I don't really remember what he said.

Congratulations GW on another fantastic grow and harvest. Those buds look yummy.

@Stunger was talking about how he uses cobs a little while ago in his most recent journal.
Here's a post where he talks about the process, and then the effects. He spoke about how they taste at some point, but I don't really remember what he said.
I've got to come back to it. Gotta go to the dentist. :oops:

Back
Top Bottom