Acapulco Gold, Hydro, By Gwhunran 2023

From everything I’ve read about it ,it seems that the people that have done it are sold on it. And they don’t want anything else from their bud. CL🍀. :thumb: :cheesygrinsmiley:
Cobbing will improve good weed! Especially Sativa. I've been growing my own weed since my late 20's; I'm in my 60's now.

3 seasons ago I discovered cobbing and have never looked back. I grow 5 different sativas a year and all are cobbed these days.

@gwhunran The taste of a well made cob is to die for. All the terps are contained, plus there is special something else!
I have cobs that smell of dark chocolate, camphor, mint, fruit, good hash and other exotic smells that I can't describe.

Smoking cob is very smooth compared to the same jar cured weed and in a much shorter time. You can have great smelling, good tasting, smooth smoking cob in as little as 2 months though 6 is better. Most sativas need at least 6 months in the jar to achieve their best and some as much as 12.

The taste from chewing a well made cob is nice. The high from chewing just a little can last 8-10Hrs! and is not mongy like space cake or any other edible that I've tried in over 40yrs. I'm hard core and still vape, but half a gram will do for me all day. My wife has anywhere from 30 to 100mg for the whole day. Sometimes we'll top up later in the day.

A vacuum sealer is not 100% necessary but ensures that the cob remains mould free whilst fermenting/curing. I bought a cheap one 3 yrs ago and it does the job fine. It was about 25 Euro, so not a big investment for something that has totally changed my almost 50yr relationship with weed.

We went to a party last night and i made up a party mix of 3 different types of sativa cob ground up. I encouraged everyone to help themselves. Everyone who tried it preferred it to what they were smoking!

Cobbing will improve good weed! Especially Sativa. I've been growing my own weed since my late 20's; I'm in my 60's now.

3 seasons ago I discovered cobbing and have never looked back. I grow 5 different sativas a year and all are cobbed these days.

@gwhunran The taste of a well made cob is to die for. All the terps are contained, plus there is special something else!
I have cobs that smell of dark chocolate, camphor, mint, fruit, good hash and other exotic smells that I can't describe.

Smoking cob is very smooth compared to the same jar cured weed and in a much shorter time. You can have great smelling, good tasting, smooth smoking cob in as little as 2 months though 6 is better. Most sativas need at least 6 months in the jar to achieve their best and some as much as 12.

The taste from chewing a well made cob is nice. The high from chewing just a little can last 8-10Hrs! and is not mongy like space cake or any other edible that I've tried in over 40yrs. I'm hard core and still vape, but half a gram will do for me all day. My wife has anywhere from 30 to 100mg for the whole day. Sometimes we'll top up later in the day.

A vacuum sealer is not 100% necessary but ensures that the cob remains mould free whilst fermenting/curing. I bought a cheap one 3 yrs ago and it does the job fine. It was about 25 Euro, so not a big investment for something that has totally changed my almost 50yr relationship with weed.

We went to a party last night and i made up a party mix of 3 different types of sativa cob ground up. I encouraged everyone to help themselves. Everyone who tried it preferred it to what they were smoking!
Is this the way you make it too?

Trying to put Mel's link to how Sweet Sue made it.
Don't know how it will show up

Good luck with your cob adventure, I’ll be following closely for your thoughts on it. CL🍀. :thumb: :cheesygrinsmiley:

Yes it is, or there about.

After a while we all develop our own style. I tend to press mine so that the resultant cob is rock hard. Ours are used predominantly for eating, but for smoking most prefer not press it as hard.

Fantastic colours and smells can be achieved with a little practice, but even a poorly made cob will still bend you silly!

Panama Red Cob
S6000313.JPG
S6000314.JPG

Smells as good as it looks, And the High is one of the best ever!

Yes it is, or there about.

After a while we all develop our own style. I tend to press mine so that the resultant cob is rock hard. Ours are used predominantly for eating, but for smoking most prefer not press it as hard.

Fantastic colours and smells can be achieved with a little practice, but even a poorly made cob will still bend you silly!

Panama Red Cob
S6000313.JPG
S6000314.JPG

Smells as good as it looks, And the High is one of the best ever!
I didn't expect it to look that good. :oops: 🤩

I got a lot of practice making rosin. I have only done it with cured bud and mine always looks kinda like honey:hmmmm: but a little different consistency. It also stores well but I'm using a freezer.:rolleyes: Not room temp. storage like the COB would be. I don't eat it much. I have a tincture/green dragon that last for 4-5 hours and can at times be quite strong. :oops::bong: It usually ends in a nap after a few strong hours of buzz.🦨:bong::cheesygrinsmiley:

Well you have convinced me that I have to try cobbing. I already have an idea for making a press with some C-clamps and I’m going to be looking 👀 @ Vacuum Sealer’s. CL🍀. :thumb: :cheesygrinsmiley:

Well you have convinced me that I have to try cobbing. I already have an idea for making a press with some C-clamps and I’m going to be looking 👀 @ Vacuum Sealer’s. CL🍀. :thumb: :cheesygrinsmiley:
Cool, though you really don't need to be so sophisticated. Just squeezing them up right into a roll will work. If you look in the cobbing thread over of the other site for some of my posts around mid November/December time for the last couple of years, or my grow diaries, you'll find plenty of examples. I use a piece of pvc pipe lined with baking paper. I compress the buds in with the handle of a wooden spoon. Press out it and then vac seal it. Cheap and cheerful, but does the job.

I'm really pleased your going to try it with some Sativa. It really is a process to enhance Sats, not hybrids, although people do. Once you've experienced the enhanced Sativaness I think you'll be a convert, even if only for smoking it.

I've been tripping out on the beach for 4 1/2 hrs on 440mg of a Mexican weed this morning. 7 hours after rafting out I'm still very high

Cool, though you really don't need to be so sophisticated. Just squeezing them up right into a roll will work. If you look in the cobbing thread over of the other site for some of my posts around mid November/December time for the last couple of years, or my grow diaries, you'll find plenty of examples. I use a piece of pvc pipe lined with baking paper. I compress the buds in with the handle of a wooden spoon. Press out it and then vac seal it. Cheap and cheerful, but does the job.

I'm really pleased your going to try it with some Sativa. It really is a process to enhance Sats, not hybrids, although people do. Once you've experienced the enhanced Sativaness I think you'll be a convert, even if only for smoking it.

I've been tripping out on the beach for 4 1/2 hrs on 440mg of a Mexican weed this morning. 7 hours after rafting out I'm still very high
You’re needed @ my GJ. CL🍀

Congrats on your well deserved Acapulco gold!!!

Some journal my friend. Flawless

:bravo:
It's about time to cut the top colas from the stalks and work my way down sorting the buds by size to jar. I will probably start tomorrow. They weren't ready this morning. I usually only go five days till their dry enough to jar. I may spend more time opening them to dry at first during cure, but it always seems to work for me.

What’s you preferred method of drying? Specially for compact bud like yours,

I known people lose bud during drying to rot. Not drying fast enough inside…
Dani,
I hang the big stalks mostly whole for drying. I have hanging drying nets that I may use for loose stuff and I may also use cardboard boxes left open in the dark. I had the good luck to have mild temps and low humidity for the drying of the Fuel D.OG and Acapulco Gold. I moved about 2/3 of the AG from hanging and cut the buds off the stalks. I left them laying in trays overnight and will jar them today. I have to cut the other 1/3 off the stalk and jar them too today. I will probably not even close the jars today. Put the lids on tomorrow. Then I will check them often at first. Opening the jars and getting a good smell before touching them for moistness. If they smell good and are dry, I'll put the lid back on. If they are moist, I'll leave the jar open a while longer. If they don't smell right, I'll investigate further.
I've been lucky in that I've never ruined my buds. I have let them get drier than I wanted though a few times. That's why I probably jar them quicker than most.

The only time I've had bud rot, was before I had a top mounted fan in the back during the grow. I was relying on the front firing fan that didn't do much for the back of the grow. Once I put a lot of airflow on the stalks, no more budrot. I did still have very high humidity during mid to late flower but got away with it. Now the trusty de-humidifier has overcome my worries about too much moisture. It's amazing to watch the sensor drop when the machine is turned on. All I have to do is watch the sensors to know when the de-humidifier tank is full by the quick rise in RH.

Acapulco Gold
Harvest on July 9th.

I've been sampling it for a few days and I am very happy with the results. It's just barely started curing. I taste pine, spices, and other things at times, even coffee.
It is powerful smoke too. Uplifting and awake that turns into feel good and relaxed. It puts a smile on the face.

I decided to break out the DabPress and make a little rosin from the Acapulco Gold and Fuel D.OG.
I used two 7gr pucks of flower in 160micron filter bags pressed at 180F/82C until finished, to make one disk of rosin. So one disk of Acapulco Gold rosin represents 14gr buds and one disk of Fuel D.OG rosin represents 14gr buds.

Rosin FDOG T, AG B (2).JPG

Disk of rosin in front, Acapulco Gold. Disk of rosin in the back, Fuel D.OG. The Fuel D.OG was a bigger producer on this pressing.

Rosin FDOG T, AG B (1).JPG

Disk of rosin in front, Acapulco Gold. Disk of rosin in the back, Fuel D.OG. The Fuel D.OG was a bigger producer on this pressing.

AG first press 14g bud.JPG

Acapulco Gold, 1st rosin pressing, represents 14 grams of flower.

AG first press 14g bud2.jpg

Acapulco Gold
Harvest on July 9th.

I've been sampling it for a few days and I am very happy with the results. It's just barely started curing. I taste pine, spices, and other things at times, even coffee.
It is powerful smoke too. Uplifting and awake that turns into feel good and relaxed. It puts a smile on the face.

I decided to break out the RosinPress and make a little rosin from the Acapulco Gold and Fuel D.OG.
I used two 7gr pucks of flower in 160micron filter bags pressed at 180F/82C until finished, to make one disk of rosin. So one disk of Acapulco Gold rosin represents 14gr buds and one disk of Fuel D.OG rosin represents 14gr buds.

Nice! Do you fold the bag/material and do several presses with the same bag? Cheers!

Acapulco Gold
Harvest on July 9th.

I decided to break out the RosinPress and make a little rosin from the Acapulco Gold and Fuel D.OG.

Wow, I never had a Sativa dab before, what’s the high like? I tried some dispensary 💩 once and was couch locked staring stupidly at a wall for a spell. lol Never again. CL🍀.

Nice! Do you fold the bag/material and do several presses with the same bag? Cheers!
I've tried it with the rectangular mold pucks and got a little but not enough to matter.

What I did last year was save the used pucks, separated by strain, and de-carbed them in a little toaster, then made tincture/green dragon with them on a double boiler. It's pretty strong. :oops:

Wow, I never had a Sativa dab before, what’s the high like? I tried some dispensary 💩 once and was couch locked staring stupidly at a wall for a spell. lol Never again. CL🍀.
I haven't smoked any yet. I'll let it sit in the downstairs fridg. for a while before I hit it. Maybe :cheesygrinsmiley: :bong:

Wait a minute, are you telling us the one and only time you ever had an indica it was rosin?
No wonder it was too strong for you!

Back
Top Bottom