ACDC Strain

Wow, you've been busy! ; )

The main problem with seed lines is that you will have widely variable chemical profiles. I'm sure eventually some seedlines will finally be more stabilized, but there will still be individual variations. It is therefore impossible to standardize any oils or tinctures, or to even have standardized-potency blooms, from seedstock.

AC/DC is a phenotype of Cannatonic, and Cannatonic seeds are available but all over the map as far as chemical profiles go; anywhere from 20:1 to 1:20. That amounts to a serious pain in the ass to find a good low-THC individual, and a couple grand for lab tests.

WerkShop_Cannatonic1.jpg

That is the big appeal of the AC/DC clone: 1% THC and 19% CBD every time you grow it (or somewhere very close to that). Bummer that you can't find one there; I dare say that THAT is the biggest problem here; so many people scrambling to make a buck from the final product that nobody is getting plants to the people that need them.

I'm in Portland and AC/DC is beginning to show up in local clubs. Keep an eye on leafly, you may get lucky.

Wow, you've been busy! ; )

The main problem with seed lines is that you will have widely variable chemical profiles. I'm sure eventually some seedlines will finally be more stabilized, but there will still be individual variations. It is therefore impossible to standardize any oils or tinctures, or to even have standardized-potency blooms, from seedstock.

AC/DC is a phenotype of Cannatonic, and Cannatonic seeds are available but all over the map as far as chemical profiles go; anywhere from 20:1 to 1:20. That amounts to a serious pain in the ass to find a good low-THC individual, and a couple grand for lab tests.

WerkShop_Cannatonic1.jpg

That is the big appeal of the AC/DC clone: 1% THC and 19% CBD every time you grow it (or somewhere very close to that). Bummer that you can't find one there; I dare say that THAT is the biggest problem here; so many people scrambling to make a buck from the final product that nobody is getting plants to the people that need them.

I'm in Portland and AC/DC is beginning to show up in local clubs. Keep an eye on leafly, you may get lucky.

not sure I follow you on your statement about seeds, once a strain is "stabilized " the seeds will produce fairly the same trees with the same qualities, at least it has been for me so far , granted I have not tetsed each one to know for sure , but the strength of that strain has seem fairly the same.

As for lab tests, the 2 collectives here in the Valley Village area like TLMD and WHTC can get your plant tested for around 50.00 bucks.

the seeds from SOHUM seeds for their Harle-Tsu, is a 4 way cross if I recall correctly that IS stable and fairly right on the money from a few tests done by a couple of articles I've read so far, and that plant is only around 4 percent points lower than the ACDC strain, so for now I give up on that, and remain happy with what I have

BUT if it comes around Los Angeles in clone or better yet seeds, I will pick up a baker's dozen and give it a try against the Harle-Tsu
:circle-of-love:

Harle-Tsu sounds really interesting. I'll keep an eye out for that.

In 20+ years of growing, breeding and selecting from seedstock, I have never honestly found seeds to be all that 'stable', even established in-bred lines. But the real truth is told by the testing, and you are doing that so that's what counts. Is Cannatonic considered a stable seedline? Judging by that graph I'd say not. I'd love to see similar graphs for the various high CBD seedlines available.

For my purposes (medical, flowers and extracts) I have to have standardized and consistent levels of cannabinoids. Close isn't good enough. Especially when looking for a very low THC high CBD profile. Many patients 'don't want to get high'.

It's all about exceptional individual cultivars for me. Clones are far easier to work with in my situation and provide me excellent consistency.

Harle-Tsu sounds really interesting. I'll keep an eye out for that.

In 20+ years of growing, breeding and selecting from seedstock, I have never honestly found seeds to be all that 'stable', even established in-bred lines. But the real truth is told by the testing, and you are doing that so that's what counts. Is Cannatonic considered a stable seedline? Judging by that graph I'd say not. I'd love to see similar graphs for the various high CBD seedlines available.

For my purposes (medical, flowers and extracts) I have to have standardized and consistent levels of cannabinoids. Close isn't good enough. Especially when looking for a very low THC high CBD profile. Many patients 'don't want to get high'.

It's all about exceptional individual cultivars for me. Clones are far easier to work with in my situation and provide me excellent consistency.

true. here's a article on Lawrence Ringo (passed away recently, that's him in the photo) about how he got to sour Tsunami , keep mind the date on the article, he later went on to cross it with Harlequin , IF memory serves me right, and arrived at Harle-Tsu , also IIRC the Sour Tsunami has the Cannatonic in it . I encourage you to read it

O'Shaughnessy's Article About High CBD Stains | Southern Humboldt Seed Collective

here's a link to the end result of all those cross breedings HARLE-TSU | Southern Humboldt Seed Collective

"I have access to ACDC clones and that is probably what we will grow, but none of the strain info sites have information on the strain. Best growing conditions, veg and flowering timelines, growing characteristics, special considerations, etc. If any of you have experience with this strain and can fill in some of the blanks for me I'd really appreciate it."

9 months after you asked and still nobody has answered your questions? Did you grow it out yet?

I just picked up clones of this strain. I'm going to do some research and will post specific growth characteristics back here for those interested.

Hi Luxman,

I've figured things out, had a few plants die on me, but overall I'm in a place that I can grow enough medicine to take care of my son. Right now the plants I grow with ACDC are consistently testing with a 27:1 CBD to THC ratio. Those are pretty good numbers from what I have seen and completely satisfies our needs. The one thing that could account for the high numbers, since they are much higher than anything else I have seen tested around here, is the fact that I am growing under LED lights. Two 250 watt multi-spectrum panels and two 90 watt all red UFOs. If you have any questions about growing ACDC please feel free to ask.

DD

I read the rules about "hookups". I hope I am not breaking the rules by asking. I live on the east coast, so, obtaining a clone just isn't a possibility. Also, transporting live plants across state lines is a federal offense. I have convinced several members of my family to try cannabis, but with promise to try to provide a high cbd low thc content. As a family we are facing MS, brain tumors (myself), spinal injury, migrains, RLS and other stuff. We do laugh at ourselves about how broken we are :) Can someone please point me somewhere, anywhere, please. The doctor just added 3 prescription to my wife's regimen, this is getting ridiculous! I know I cannot pm anyone, but hopefully someone can send to me to start a conversatio.

Keep your head up Colesdad, being somewhat familiar with that part of the country I am confident the winds are rapidly shifting our way so good possibilities are on the horizon. I too am "in search" of the high CBD strains, preferably in seed form, but that is proving difficult to find a distributor to fill that order. Not if, but when I find what I seek, I'll share my findings here.

There seems to be some confusion about where to get high-CBD strains and the value of clones vs. seeds.

AC/DC is a clone-only cultivar of Cannatonic. If you were to buy seeds of Cannatonic you would have to grow out MANY seeds just to find a female with high CBD and low THC, and you would need to spend a lot of money on lab tests to find her. That's what the finder of AC/DC had to do.

My point is this: those of you who think you're going to just buy a pack of seeds and get a bunch of high-CBD offspring seem to not understand that this is not how it works. High-CBD low THC phenotypes are oddballs; I'm not aware of any seedlines that have stabilized this trait.

I wish it were easier for everyone to get these proven cuts. I know it will get better soon, but for now it's difficult.

Thanks Luxman, I know a little about phenotypes and how certain characteristics are expressed in a gene pool, I just did not know that the high CBD/Low THC phenotype had not yet been stabilized enough to further produce seeds. Those still not yet in a green state are basically left with the option of travel and smuggle or secretly place souvenir orders for a fraction of the cost. I know we'll all be green very soon, it's just difficult passing the time I guess. Thanks for saving me from wasting more time looking for a breeder. I'm confident that the moment someone releases such a seed, news will travel quickly.

Thank you Luxman. It makes sense now. It's like my family, my wife and I have dark hair and dark eyes. However my son has red hair and green eyes. A mixture of grandmothers from both sides. Seems like high cbd plants are all recessive genes. We could have tons of kids but chances are that they would follow predominate genes and be dark hair, dark eyes. Seems like clones are the best way to promise high cbd. Oh well. The closest legal place to me is DC. Hopefully things will work out so I can justify a 6 hour drive and take my chances crossing state lines. My state has pending legislation in 2015 to legalize for medicinal. I live minutes from two fantastic University hospitals, hopefully things will get better for the many cancer patients that live around here.

It's a recessive trait. I do think that this profile can eventually be stabilized in a seedline. Can't see any reason why not. I just don't think that most breeders have put enough effort into it yet. They have definitely managed to narrow down the search; with cannatonic seeds, for example, a person should be able to find a good lower-THC higher-CBD chemical profile out of a dozen females. The Tsunamis are pretty good too. Harlequins seem to usually have a more 50/50 balance, but that is useful in its own way too.

But for the patient/grower, ~12 females result from 24 m/f seedlings, and lab tests will run nearly $1000; $80 per individual where I am. You might get lucky with any given individual, but it can't honestly be relied on in general with seedlings. Yet.

I have a theory that feminized breeding could speed the stabilization process, and will be doing some of my own tests with selfing AC/DC and then looking for new individuals to back-cross to mom. Surely many breeders are also working on this.

I feel for you guys and can only offer that high-CBD clones have flooded the Pacific Northwest dispensaries in the past 6 months. Hopefully access will come to everyone soon as the political situation improves.

Hello Everyone,

I'm planning to grow MMJ for my son who has a very severe form of epilepsy known as Dravet Syndrome. If you saw the recent CNN Documentary Weed, it is the same condition as the little girl featured. So, I'm looking to grow a high CBD and low THC strain since my son is just about to turn 5 and I have no interest in getting him high. We ran a test run with a high CBD low THC strain from a dispensary and it worked for my son when no other medication has.

I have access to ACDC clones and that is probably what we will grow, but none of the strain info sites have information on the strain. Best growing conditions, veg and flowering timelines, growing characteristics, special considerations, etc. If any of you have experience with this strain and can fill in some of the blanks for me I'd really appreciate it.

Best,
DravetDad

hi, i was just in denver and could not find any clones? im looking to help my sons disease. need at least 18% cbd to 1% or under thc. can you help me locate??

I have access to ACDC clones and that is probably what we will grow, but none of the strain info sites have information on the strain. Best growing conditions, veg and flowering timelines, growing characteristics, special considerations, etc. If any of you have experience with this strain and can fill in some of the blanks for me I'd really appreciate it.

I have some info now that I can share about that. I won't be 100% sure I have the 'real deal' until I get lab tests done in a few weeks, but from what I can tell it is the real-deal AC/DC cut that's 20:1.

It is very sativa in structure. Thin-bladed leaves that naturally have a lighter green color. No need to boost the nitrogen; it's normal.
It doesn't stretch like a typical sativa, though, and it is very fleshy rather than fibrous. The stretch compares to most typical strains, stopping after 14-18 days or so. Overall I would call it short to medium in height with normal space between internodes.

It is easy to please using a normal nutrient regimen. Wasn't at all picky for me. It does need some serious support as it gains weight; the fleshiness leaves the branches sagging. I would recommend adding silica to help stiffen it up a bit (protekt or silica blast). You will definitely need plenty of stakes or a tomato cage. As the flowers develop they hang down like melons unless staked upright.

The flowers have a loose sativa structure. Resin begins developing a bit later than usual, mostly after week 4 in my case. I am currently just finishing week 8, so I see it going ~9 weeks. I was told that to get a lower THC level I should 'pick the flowers 2 weeks early'. I might try that next round; at this point I want to take her to full-term and then lab test.

She smells delicious. Hard to describe, but very nice.

In summary: not picky at all but also very unusual in how fleshy and soft her tissues are. Needs major training and support.

Back
Top Bottom