Adding supplemental lights to Hydro Grow to increase yeild.

TrysHard

Lots of us trim off the lower hidden bud branches to direct more energy to the main colas. What if instead we used some supplemental lights low down to boost those branches and leaves so that they grow and supplement overall plant growth. I found these lights they are LED so use little energy, provide spectrum my HPS doesn't and they are waterproof flood lights that can be easily mounted low. Two on each only add 96 watts to the load but could help make all the buds better and let you keep some lower production sites productive.

LED Flood Lights

Just throwing this out there for discussion, I new at this and I sure someone has already tried it and can chime in.

They usually just throw some cfl's down there depending on grow techniques. Or they just lollipop the bottom branches off so the plant can focus on big buds

I just think those led flood lights would work well at projecting some light into the nether regions and give additional spectrum for all the plants. I ordered some so we will see. Unfortunately they are on the slow boat from china 18 -28 days delivery. At least the price is right, they say a 100W LED is like a 300W HPS, can't have too much light.

CFL's and LEDs are great for supplemental lighting and will increase yield and quality. I have had very good success using CFL's mounted lower to increase yield in the lower canopy. I have also noticed increase yields and oil production using LED's as a supplemental light source in the grow room. Ed Hydroharbor/Home Grown Hydroponics

CFL's and LEDs are great for supplemental lighting and will increase yield and quality. I have had very good success using CFL's mounted lower to increase yield in the lower canopy. I have also noticed increase yields and oil production using LED's as a supplemental light source in the grow room. Ed Hydroharbor/Home Grown Hydroponics
That is exactly what I think. My tent is too filled with plants now for me to be trying to hang any additional lights right now. But I plan on lots of supplemental lighting on my next grow.

Back
Top Bottom