Grow light type

crpowell67

420 Member
I had a question about lights do they have to be a special type or can I use any 300w led lights. the reason I ask is I found some 300w 20.000 lumen led flood lights that are solar that could cut down on my electric bill. these are what I found
300W LED Solar Flood Lights,20000Lumens Street Flood Light Outdoor IP67 Waterproof with Remote Control Security Lighting for Yard, Garden, Gutter, Swimming Pool, Pathway, Basketball Court, Arena
61NY3+5Rz1L._SL1001_.jpg

For dedicated grow lights, please try our sponsors.

They are all reputable companies and have lights for every tent and grow room size, to fit every pocket. Many also offer discounts to 420 Magazine members. And without them, none of us would be here.

:Namaste:

I had a question about lights do they have to be a special type or can I use any 300w led lights. the reason I ask is I found some 300w 20.000 lumen led flood lights that are solar that could cut down on my electric bill. these are what I found
300W LED Solar Flood Lights,20000Lumens Street Flood Light Outdoor IP67 Waterproof with Remote Control Security Lighting for Yard, Garden, Gutter, Swimming Pool, Pathway, Basketball Court, Arena
61NY3+5Rz1L._SL1001_.jpg
The links I found for that light show that the solar panel is mounted next to the light. If your growing area is in the house you will have to put in a cable to run from the solar panel to the room or area the light is.

Another question I had involved whether the battery is included. There has to be a way to store the power needed to run the light on cloudy days or when the sun is not high enough above the horizon. One link I looked at mentioned an installed battery and another source for the light only mentioned more than 12 hours of light.

The light might work for you but I am leary of using it for more than a security light. As has been mentioned check the sponsors. There is a reason so many of the successful growing projects that are brought up involve lights designed specifically for growing plants.

I wouldn't waste my time and money on it but that's just my opinion. Probably only draws around 50 actual watts too. There is no solar led that draws anywhere near 300 watts. Sorry it's not likely the answer you were looking for but I don't want to watch anyone waste money.

Okay thanks for the info I was going to make a room in my shed but didn't want to waste my money if it would not work I have a viparspectra 450w I use in my tent in my smoke room probably just get another one for the shed

Back
Top Bottom