Advanced LED New XTE 300 Sponsored Grow

Hey Ronnie. I have been reading journals by you and Icemud and a few others and I am just blown away. I have learned so much and just wanted to say thank you for everything that you guys are doing, as well as the team at 420 for providing this great platform for like minded people to share ideas and stories. I am subbed and really looking forward to this grow.

I have a question for you about your hydro set up. I read in your other journals that you are using the RF 66 buckets with 2 reservoirs and a sump pump. Can you explain to a noob how to replicate that? I also would like to know your thoughts or anyone else's thoughts on the super bubble flow bucket system. Thanks and again I am just blown away by what you do :goodjob:

Thanks Bamalabrat , my hydro setup is a copy of the undercurrent system by CCH2O.com , I used a homie de tote for the epicenter and rainforrest 66 for the grow modules, recirculating pump and water chiller is the same as the original undercurrent system specs which can be found on their website. i use 2" pvc pipe and uniseals to connect the system together. one of my journals has the build of the system detailed with pics and info.

Np buddy. Glad you're doing OK. I hope you're getting some big OT bucks for this :)

Since I know Ronnie is swamped, I'll maybe help get you started...
His system is sort of modeled after the UnderCurrent system, where the water is constantly flowing past the roots. I believe the 2 reservoirs are the one that's part of the system, and the top off reservoir that will automatically add water/nutes as the plants use it up. So if you understand how an undercurrent system works, now imagine each site has that mister device that the Rainforest units have. That's Ronnie's system as I understand it. Hope that helps a little.

FYI I looked up that other system. I think I've seen it before. I don't quite get how it differs from any other ebb and flow except they put a bubbler in each bucket. I have airstones in my reservoirs too. Just use a media that drains fast and flood often and you'll have the same result with any similar system.

Ronnie's is more of an RDWC system. I don't think that super bubble system is a DWC variant. It's a flood and drain system.

For what it's worth... my preference is flood and drain. I run the CAP Ebb&Gro and love it.

thanks Hiker for helping out . and as always you are spot on.

:thumb::circle-of-love::volcano-smiley:

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Merry Xmas Ronnie,

I was wondering if youd tell me if you ever get any nasty smells out of your controller? Like Gym socks?
I started to build a homemade DIY RDWC few years back when bassman taught me but ended up going to another style, fast fwd. 2 years and for some reason thought a ebb-n-grow bucket system would be a good idea. Was really sweet going from 6 reservoirs to one BUT 4-5 days later I got a slime patty stuck to the side of the reservoir, not in the controller. It was downhill from there. Went back to top feed/recirc and the socks split and have never returned. I still have all the parts to build that RDWC but was hoping to hear from you that its easier to keep it healthy. if so maybe I will finish that and run it.
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom