What LED to buy for my closet grow

axlmc

This will be my 3rd grow when I get the lights. I have a 36"w 20"d 72"h
Ive used cfls for my first grow with two plants and now I'm using 100w advancedled ds series which seem to be doing well. I'm going to grow 3 plants and was wondering which model I should get next. I'm going with the advanced XTE series but wasn't sure what wattage to buy between the 100 200 or even he 300. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. All my grows are soil with fox farm. Thanks

This will be my 3rd grow when I get the lights. I have a 36"w 20"d 72"h
Ive used cfls for my first grow with two plants and now I'm using 100w advancedled ds series which seem to be doing well. I'm going to grow 3 plants and was wondering which model I should get next. I'm going with the advanced XTE series but wasn't sure what wattage to buy between the 100 200 or even he 300. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. All my grows are soil with fox farm. Thanks

tbh i think the 100W,200W and 300W LEDS are good!the thing you have to look at is the space and do you have good air circulation...basically keeping temps and humidity at the right temp and %.the 300W is obviously gonna be hotter than the 100W and 200W.but if you have a good inline and escape fan then all is good!also what you can do is buy 2x150WATT LEDS one red and blue spectrum.because i know some LEDS either come with 1 spectrum or even can switch to both.i know you can find LED lights on ebay for cheap but wont last as long.my buddy bought the 300W Ledlightschina for 70-80$ and he has been using it for 2 years now and it hasn't broke.he said the light never got hot unless it was during summer with 100*F(California Summer).tbh i recommend get 2x 150W Red&Blue spectrum because 2 lights will cover more area then the 1 single 300W LED.!and also they are cheap and if your at a small-mid budget you can use those for a while till you have the extra cash to get better and more powerful LEDS.but for the small grow space i recommend 300W and below.but if you can master controlling your temp and humidity then your all set!

Thanks OG, I don't have a problem with temps so that is not a problem. I have a 300 cmf fan exhaust in the ceiling that goes into my attick which is the size of a basketball court and has worked the last two grows. I have fans in the top of cabinet blowing toward that and a circulation fan blowing on the plant. I have holes drilled out of the side bottom to let air in. Would 300 watts yeild more? Or just better for coverage?

Thanks guys I think I'm going with the 300w. I'll know ina couple of months. Better to go big I guess!

Thanks OG, I don't have a problem with temps so that is not a problem. I have a 300 cmf fan exhaust in the ceiling that goes into my attick which is the size of a basketball court and has worked the last two grows. I have fans in the top of cabinet blowing toward that and a circulation fan blowing on the plant. I have holes drilled out of the side bottom to let air in. Would 300 watts yeild more? Or just better for coverage?

yes more watts better yield!but remember having 2 150W LED is better than 1 300W LED,because the 2 will be brighter.

Uhhh, thats wrong sorry OGxToka. Better to buy 1, save money and have less chance of failure. Neither will be brighter. If you need a good priced unit Mars Hydro has some good prices on their old model 300w LED, go ask about it in their thread in the sponsors forum. They will hook you up.

Uhhh, thats wrong sorry OGxToka. Better to buy 1, save money and have less chance of failure. Neither will be brighter. If you need a good priced unit Mars Hydro has some good prices on their old model 300w LED, go ask about it in their thread in the sponsors forum. They will hook you up.

not entirely wrong RFC, heres details: MarsHydro 300W LED Grow Light(129W±5% True Watts) <------TRUE WATT

MarsHydro 150W LED 110V: 91W-97W <-----TRUE WATT
220V: 89W-95W <-----TRUE WATT

Results: 2x150W LED = 194 True Watts
1x300W LED =129 True Watts

Hey,

I also am an Advanced user...I use the XTE 300's, based on the dimensions you provided, the XTE 200 would work well, but the XTE 300 would be optimal :)

Feel free to stop by my journal if you have any questions about the XTE lights :)

Back
Top Bottom