Advanced Nutrients No PH Or PPM Testing?

Im to looking at the adv nute systems and as a beginner grower I liked the thought of the ph perfect system.

It's a nice way to get your feet wet in hydroponics without making things too complicated. Back when I started there wasn't anything like this and it took me a while to figure out how to get it all working right. With the pH Perfect tech it's pretty simple. Mix nutes to desired strength and you're done - with that part anyway.

yes sir i agree, I have been working with a 1 part ph balanced nute already from "areogarden" its been very helpful with my learning curve, LOL! Im using RO water, it does seem to work well with that. Im still shopping around cause the Adv. nutes are so pricey! for the money do you really get that much better results? I just dont know if its worth the price.

yes sir i agree, I have been working with a 1 part ph balanced nute already from "areogarden" its been very helpful with my learning curve, LOL! Im using RO water, it does seem to work well with that. Im still shopping around cause the Adv. nutes are so pricey! for the money do you really get that much better results? I just dont know if its worth the price.

I don't have experience with the Aerogarden nutrients, they're scaled for rather small systems as I recall. But compared to other nutrients I've found that at least for me, AN's are well-worth the money.

My advice would be not to get too obsessed with whether some brand or another might be a whole lot better than another. Use what you like, use what you can afford, and don't make it more complicated than that. If you find yourself with the money to give AN a try I think you'll like it. I do. But I'm just some guy on the Internet with an opinion and that's worth exactly as much as any other guy on the Internet's opinion.

Don't make up your mind based on what I or anyone else tells you that you ought to think. I like AN. Some people hate them. But regardless of what the truth is *for you* it wouldn't make sense to spend more than you can really afford to find out whether you agree with me or someone else.

hey guys, interesting read.
i am a first time grower and using the Advanced Nutrients Micro Grow Flower PH perfect package. i was reccommended it by my close friend who works in hydroponics.i have never checked my PH once.not one time.as its my first grow i dont know how my plants are coming on in terms of progression but i havent had any problems with them, apart from when i made the dose a little too strong the leaves had crazy curled down tips.
i flused with bottled water ( PH 6.2 on their website) twice and they seemed to be fine now.
i cant say wether its good or bad as its my first grow but you can check them out on my grow if u like, they are around day 23 flower atm, any questions comments would be greatly appreciated :peace:

P.S im growing in soil :)

hey guys, interesting read.
i am a first time grower and using the Advanced Nutrients Micro Grow Flower PH perfect package. i was reccommended it by my close friend who works in hydroponics.i have never checked my PH once.not one time.as its my first grow i dont know how my plants are coming on in terms of progression but i havent had any problems with them, apart from when i made the dose a little too strong the leaves had crazy curled down tips.
i flused with bottled water ( PH 6.2 on their website) twice and they seemed to be fine now.
i cant say wether its good or bad as its my first grow but you can check them out on my grow if u like, they are around day 23 flower atm, any questions comments would be greatly appreciated :peace:

P.S im growing in soil :)

Great review folks. I have to tell you Advanced Nutrients is about the only AG company that completes research on their products. Another that I have used for about 10 years is > About Us - Meet The International Ag Labs Team. Not in the Marijuana business but a great group of folks who understand plant growth and process...great resource!

The Advanced Nutrients pH Perfect nutes are really awesome, but I don't believe it's really tailored to soil. That might have been the source of the minor issues you had. Most any hydroponic nutrient will work in soil, but I don't think the pH Perfect tech is going to be reliable with soil.

Think about it... it's only guaranteed to work with RO water, and soil is about as far from RO as you can get.

And Docfraud is right, not only is AN pretty much the only serious hydroponic company that does its own research on their products, they actually do the research themselves in their own lab. And I am pretty sure they're the only company in the industry that actually has any kind of real lab, and they are the only company that actually tests their products on marijuana. They have to do it in Bulgaria since that's the only place that's licensed them to grow it.

Ive just swopped over to AN from Canna using the Sensi A&B PH perfect stuff an hobbyist bundle an am liking it so far plants looking very healthy.

Am growing in a flood an drain system these nutes are very strong running at half strength so they are not as expensive as you think.

My reservoir has never looked so clean even smells good. Only testing on small system an if all goes well i will try there Grand Master bundle in a sealed CO2 room.

I gotta grow going on right now with the ph perfect.I used a b in gorw a b in flower right now ph stays between 5.6 to 61.In a ebb bucket and ive had no problem with ph,but u have to watch it cause the nutes are strong and will burn.Am new so not like best grower but check it out grapefruit with AN ph perfect bloom a b

I gotta grow going on right now with the ph perfect.I used a b in gorw a b in flower right now ph stays between 5.6 to 61.In a ebb bucket and ive had no problem with ph,but u have to watch it cause the nutes are strong and will burn.Am new so not like best grower but check it out grapefruit with AN ph perfect bloom a b

That's going to be true of most any nutrient brand - they tend to print feeding rates above what you should actually use.

In my limited testing with the pH Perfect nutes I've been able to run them at full strength without burning where I would've roasted plants with the pre-pH Perfect nutes AN made unless I cut the strength down. So I would say that it's at least likely they've done what they say they've done which is design nutrients that can be run at higher than usual ppms without burning plants.

Personally, I'm a bit paranoid about that and I like to err on the side of caution so I still run everything at 3/4 strength. I figure I'm not going to burn them that way and it uses less nutrients which means I'm saving money.

If you're seeing any signs of burning, just dial them back and play it safe. Simple. It'll still be pH stable at lower ppms.

Hi peeps!!
I know this is an old thread but I just started my first hydro dwc bucket using just the base nutes sensi grow a&b and using regular tap water @50 ppm.. I can honestly say the nutes are brill!! I only ph the water before the nutes go in to 5.5.. Over 7 days the ph rises to 6.3 so less than a full 1. Between every res change, I agree that the recommended strength is a load of rubbish and you should work your way up.
First Time Hydro

Im on my fist grow with AN, im doing conny with all master stuff just no x bud. As long you dont reuse the nuts (not close sistem) the ph is perfect. I have soiless mix of perlite & sptmos. Im on my 2nd week of flower and up to now it all looks good.

Illl do a report when im done with the grow.
Here is a pic from last week.
20140811_191613.jpg

Hey everybody,
I've just returned to growing after 10 year hiatus and I decided to give Advanced Nutrients a shot. All I can say is WOW!! I used Earth Juice for years and my buddy that gave me the clones to get started uses Fox Farm. We both grew the exact same strains( White Diesel & Orange Kush) in ProMix HP and my Adv.Nutes are blowing his FF away. We still have 5 weeks to go so that will be the true test but so far the Adv.Nutes is the winner by a lot. The Adv.Nutes is really simple to use too. Their website has a nutrient calculator and they also answer their support emails and phone calls.
Happy Growing!!
Kang

Back
Top Bottom