Supertop Northern Lights! 2nd Grow Journal

creamyB

Hey 420 Creamy here for my second grow journal.
First off, hats off to you guys, without your journals and forums I simply would not be doing this awesome hobby, thanks guys , wtg!
Any one who followed my first grow , will know I had an ongoing battle with heat in my small grow box, I was super, super stoked with my final product, but there is always the question in the back of my mind

' how much better would it have been without the heat stress?'

So, I've upped the anti for this one, trying something a little different, see how it works out and hopefully learn something along the way, as it is, and always will be , more experience for future grows.

GROW SPACE : 3' x 3' and 3 1/2' high.
LINING: Mylar walls, ceiling and floor. Door made from overlapping black and white ( panda film )
VENTILATION : 5" inline extract fan with 5" RHINO PRO carbon filter
CIRCULATION : 2 5" clip on ' growth technology' fans
LIGHTS : EnviroGro 250w cool white CFL with reflector for veg, SunMaster 600w super high pressure sodium with adjustable reflector ( LOOKS LIKE THE WING OFF A JUMBO JET!)
BALLAST : LUMii DIGITA 600W ( can be dropped to 400w )
TEMPS : 19 - 24 degrees with 250w bulb on atm.
HUMIDITY : 40-55% atm during veg
NUTRIENTS : Advanced Nutrients PH Perfect Technology MICRO GROW BLOOM. Dutch Pro Explode during flowering, and Plant Magic Flush to flush.
GROW MEDIUM : CANNA plus soil.
LIGHT SCHEDULE : from seedling 24/0 until third week then 18/6

I put 2 northern lights and 2 skunk #1 seeds into a glass of water for 24 hours, then into kitchen roll, then into 3" pots.
One of the NL seeds didn't make it, but 3 outta 4 will do me, after a few days in the propagator , I open the lid and the girls began to grow.
First grow, I over watered and fed them nutes to early, I didn't realise that the soil had nutes in it, so this time, they just got plain water for the first three weeks.
They about five weeks old now, had a couple feeds, seem in great shape. The NL I'm growing was topped at the third node , then tied down, then when the lower branches caught up, all topped again and tied. I read about this on a website and thought of give it a try seeing as I'm limited height wise. ( I will post a link to the original post so you guys can see it and give the person who first shared this idea the thumbs up ! )

I'm gunna get some pics up real soon , it's gunna be slightly different from my first grow , but it's all about finding what works with the space I have .

Creamy.

Re: Supertop northern lights ! 2nd grow journal

Here is the northern lights at 3 weeks
IMAG05439.jpg

Looks great! Can't wait to see how much you get out of that space. I thought I was growing in a tight space lol.

+ reps

Subscribed. Looks good. I like that you are trying new things with the topping and LST. I tried for the first time some LST, HST, topping and FIM'ing on a Snow White in a 1 gallon pot and I am very happy with the results so far.

What size pots are you growing in? How tall do you think your plant height will be? 20 inches? +pot size? Just curious because I grow in a small space and I try to predict final height.

Looks great so far. Can't wait to see how the LST/topping turns out for ya :)

Well finally my new router arrived ! !
Hey guys Ty for tuning in , appreciate it fellas.
Yo bubbles and scarfinger, creamy here, just starting my second grow.
First off, yeah bubbles, my space is really restricted, managed to turn round two decent plants first grow, but they deffo suffered from heat stress, that's why I'm trying three this time, gunna flip em earlier.
And Scarfinger, last grow ( my first ever grow) they kinda crept up on me. I'd read a lot that most plants will double in size during flower, but I kinda underestimated that first time and almost screwed it up.
I grew my first 2 plants in 18 l ( 3 gal ) pots, wen I chopped em and inspected the root zone , they were no way root bound.
That's why I'm trying a 8 l ( 1 and a half gal ) pot on the superTOP bitch.
I yielded 11 oz from my first two girls, was over the moon, but maybe the heat degraded the THC or yield, I really don't know.
On my first grow they reached just over 24" , so I'm trying to reduce that, if the superTOP comes good, I will be doing just two of them next grow.
KingJohn, I will sort out the days/age when I get some more pics up.
I have a ton of work to do now, uploading pics, and sorting stuff out, but stoked to be back online, watch this space.

Peace :)

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom