Yo 420 First Time Grow - Glad 2 Join Yall :)

creamyB

hey guys :ganjamon:
after a lot of debate ive finally set up my own grow. the prices round here are getting insane for very poor quality green, so, after reading a shit load of forum posts, i decided to give it a go.
the only place i had was the attic, which is tiny, so i constructed a small 3 sided box with MDF, kingspaned the joists and put a roof on it. i duct taped the joints and covered it with reflective foil, and have a 'door' made with two over lapping sheets of black and white.
the box is 4ft x 4ft wide, and 4.5ft tall, as that is all the height i have to the joists, i started off with a propagation box, a 250w cool blue CFL jumbo bulb, and reflector, no fans 24 hour light.
once the seedlings settled in (in jiffys) i put them into small pots, and gave them only a tiny bit of water without nutes. they seemed to be doing pretty well, after a couple weeks i transfered them into bigger pots with canna plus soil.
i gave them a couple days then put the 600w sodium light on and switched to 18 hours light and 6 hours day.
the strain is skunk #1 sensi seeds, they wer pretty stocky, but the 600w was too hot , temps hitting 36c, luckily the digital ballast i bought could be dropped to 400w and that got the temp down nice.
i installed a 5inch extract fan, 2 5 inch clip on fans, and a carbon filter, also a small oil filled radiator on a timer for the night hours as the temp was getting down to 12c.
once they wer 12 inches tall i put them into flower (12/12) and that was 7 days ago.
they have had 2 feeds with PH perfect micro bloom flower, and seem like they enjoy it.
the temps are 20-26c with the light on, and 16-19c at night, humidity between 35-55, they seem ok but as its my first grow i dont know what to expect so im jus going with the flow.

any questions/comments apreciated.

Creamy :peace:

IMAG05826.jpg

IMAG05886.jpg

IMAG058511.jpg

temps seem fine mate, see instead of running lights during the day, i run mines at night so the temps dont drop during lights off just a suggestion

hey guys just a quick update, the girls are doing good and im slowly upping the nutes. im using advanced nitrients PH perfect micro grow bloom product and have been working them up. 2 feeds ago it was 10 mill of each into 5 litres of water, last feed was 15 mill of each into 5 liters of water.
they seem to like it, but i think i might just flush them next feed with what ive been reading, then put them back on 15mill and maybe start upping that a little.

its day 16 of flower and heres a couple pics :420:

IMAG06026.jpg

IMAG06037.jpg

IMAG06052.jpg

IMAG06066.jpg

they are about 20 inches tall from the top of the pot, i hope the strech is done, but im really pleased with how its going, just love chilling with them and watching them grow :)

I like the idea of this and might use it. I been running my lights through the day at 18/6. The outside temps have been volatile because of the shift Winter-Spring. In the beginning my temps were soaring about 80, so I have finally sorted that out temporarily and temps are now about 75-80F. I am thinking about switching my hours soon and will do so where most lighting is at night when the air is cooler.

I think the last feed may have been a little strong, the new growth is fine but the fan leaves half way down the plant have kinda curled down. The leaves themselves atill look healthy so ima flush next feed then drop nutes and go from there.
STRAIGHT_TOPS.jpg
https://www.420magazine.com/
gallery/data/500/STRAIGHT_TOPS.jpg
CURLED_FAN_LEAFS.jpg

As u can see the top growth seems fine, ill just see how it goes ;-)

Back
Top Bottom