First Ever Grow - But The Coolest Little Micro Grow Around - Spring 2016

The burn is old. The curl is new.

I see the curl now... I'll blame waking up without coffee :laughtwo:

Mine usually only curled like that when they're too close to the light and have heat stress. I'd bend the tops down and fasten lightly to the shelf you've got in there, or see if they'd bend enough that I could weave them through and make it scrog like.

I see the curl now... I'll blame waking up without coffee :laughtwo:

Mine usually only curled like that when they're too close to the light and have heat stress. I'd bend the tops down and fasten lightly to the shelf you've got in there, or see if they'd bend enough that I could weave them through and make it scrog like.
I pulled them down before they curled. They're further from the lights now than before. :hmmmm:

High Cmay, She look green enough. I do not understand the need to raise PPM more if you are already on 600.
I could not detect a Mg def in those photos.

Keep going things are sweet so far :lot-o-toke:

You defol, you should give your nutrients a hair cut too :laughtwo:

You grow, you learn :thumb:
So you don't think the curl is Mg def? Any ideas what would cause it then? Or is it no big deal?

600 ppm is down for the trim. I was running about 850 before the trim.

So you don't think the curl is Mg def? Any ideas what would cause it then? Or is it no big deal?

600 ppm is down for the trim. I was running about 850 before the trim.
Well, I just added water till my ppm are down around 600ppm. I'm gonna do a res change later and bring the ppm back up.
Nah I don't think it's magnesium problem, let me see if I can recruit an expert that may be able to say for sure.
Oops! no time, I'm late to a vape session with sticky white rhino bubble hash so take a peek in the forum search for a gentleman known as 'VillageIdiot'

Best to diagnose and treat the problem right away, if there is one :bongrip:

Good luck :bongrip:

Nah I don't think it's magnesium problem, let me see if I can recruit an expert that may be able to say for sure.
Oops! no time, I'm late to a vape session with sticky white rhino bubble hash so take a peek in the forum search for a gentleman known as 'VillageIdiot'

Best to diagnose and treat the problem right away, if there is one :bongrip:

Good luck :bongrip:
Agreed about better sooner than later. I've sent an SOS pm.

So hey you asked me to swing by....so I gonna have to agree with Comrade Vlad here. Looks great! You know you clearly overdid the nutes and that is about all I see. Maybe a little sunburn starting to cause upper leafs to curl but not too bad yet.

So My question for you to ponder is just think about what you are saying. You know you are doing too much in nutes and are going to raise it back up.

Under extremely good growing conditions a great hydro grower can maintain PPM without burn up as high as even 1600 PPM I have heard. I have gotten to 1300 no problem...But none of that is necessary and in most cases not a good idea ... as in not recommended.

"We" have a saying... "good enough is so good it is enough" (please think about that)

Anything more then that is not only wasteful on the pocket book but extra work on the back end trying to flush it out. Makes for poor flavor and just in general not the best smoke... to run it high on the nutes. Also makes it susceptible to burn for anything.

So

800 PPM is all that is needed at the peak of growth for most plants doing a normal growth cycle.

In veg you start at around 100 and quickly work to 600 and roll up to 800 at peak stacking. Then bring it down fast the last few weeks.

Now all of that is ideal. You may not have peak growing conditions so you may have reduced photosynthesis and may need to feed less.

So if you are at 600 I would see how the pH responds to that. You may be right on.

So hey you asked me to swing by....so I gonna have to agree with Comrade Vlad here. Looks great! You know you clearly overdid the nutes and that is about all I see. Maybe a little sunburn starting to cause upper leafs to curl but not too bad yet.

So My question for you to ponder is just think about what you are saying. You know you are doing too much in nutes and are going to raise it back up.

Under extremely good growing conditions a great hydro grower can maintain PPM without burn up as high as even 1600 PPM I have heard. I have gotten to 1300 no problem...But none of that is necessary and in most cases not a good idea ... as in not recommended.

"We" have a saying... "good enough is so good it is enough" (please think about that)

Anything more then that is not only wasteful on the pocket book but extra work on the back end trying to flush it out. Makes for poor flavor and just in general not the best smoke... to run it high on the nutes. Also makes it susceptible to burn for anything.

So

800 PPM is all that is needed at the peak of growth for most plants doing a normal growth cycle.

In veg you start at around 100 and quickly work to 600 and roll up to 800 at peak stacking. Then bring it down fast the last few weeks.

Now all of that is ideal. You may not have peak growing conditions so you may have reduced photosynthesis and may need to feed less.

So if you are at 600 I would see how the pH responds to that. You may be right on.
Thanks so much for your input. My thinking on raising the nutes back up was that she was good until I hacked her 2 weeks ago and didn't drop the nutes which caused the burn. I figured since she had recovered from that I should bring the ppm back up. However, I certainly appreciate a minimalist approach and will follow your advice and keep em down. I really do love that I can ask a question here and get an expert response. THANKS SO MUCH!

Okay, so after taking it all in, I did a res change. I reduced my nutes in what I thought was a substantial amount but still ended up with 750ppm. I think this will still be an ok amount. She'll probably need a top off in a few days and I'll withold nutes then. Set the pH to 5.5. Also upped the bondage to get away from the lights a bit. Behold...

Had to get a shot of those beautiful roots again.
IMG_106929.JPG
IMG_107036.JPG

The bondage.
IMG_107237.JPG
IMG_107433.JPG

The instrument of torture. I love this thing. Just pull off whatever length you want.

IMG_107534.JPG

I have to say that the smell is very...interesting. Citrus is the best word for it I guess. It certainly doesn't invoke cannabis when I smell it. Its like nothing I've smelled before.

In other news, say hello to Bjork! My Nirvana Ice in the new tent sprouted!
IMG_107642.JPG
IMG_107732.JPG

How exciting!

Until next time...:Namaste:

Hey mate use some frozen bottles of water I to cool off your res tempt

I think heat in its various ways is the hardest part of indoor growing on a budget. I mean if you got the funds to build a green house that is different. Stuffing a grow in a tent in a corner or a fridge...man that just gets tough.

I think heat in its various ways is the hardest part of indoor growing on a budget. I mean if you got the funds to build a green house that is different. Stuffing a grow in a tent in a corner or a fridge...man that just gets tough.
You can say that again. Then add in tropical rainforest like humidity...what a nightmare.

Anyway...they're turning up to face the light and making a pretty nice canopy.

IMG_107833.JPG
IMG_107941.JPG
IMG_108041.JPG

Back
Top Bottom