Yo 420 First Time Grow - Glad 2 Join Yall :)

They look good creamyB

Good call to try just water for a couple watering cycles.

I like the panda film myself, but flat white paint has a lot of advantages.

Thanks hiker , I have mylar on three walls and my 'door' is overlapping black and white seems to be working ok, ill get a couple pics up at the end of the week see how they are getting on.
P.s I've read a lot about removing fan leaves during flower, im debating doing one them and comparing the final yeild on them both, what's your thoughts on.defoiliation? ( spelling sucks lol )

White paint is better than foil. Flat paint actually reflects better, but semi gloss is more durable/washable.

I defoliate. There is a lot of debate on the issue though. Some growers think you should never remove a healthy piece of the plant. Some feel they are "sucker" leaves because they suck energy from the plant that could be spent making more branches or buds, or because you're a "sucker" if you leave them on your plant. Then there is the debate about whether you should take a few leaves each day or do 'waves' of defoliation.

I think about it this way... The plant was sending resource out that petiole to make that leaf bigger. A bigger leaf does not really lead to more buds. Yes, they are the 'solar cells' of the plant, but it usually has quite a bit of redundancy in this area. By cutting off the leaf, the plant starts sending those resources out it's only alternative at that node, the branch. This is why it stimulates branching. Every node on the plant follows the same sequence of growing the big shade leaf first, then the branch.

Hopefully that makes sense. I'm a little loopy today as I was up all night trimming.

Thanks for the info!
I have read a lot that exposing the lower bud sites to direct sunlight increases their size and stops so many 'popcorn' buds. I think I'm gunna trim one of them so I can compare.the only thing I'm worried about is how many do I take at one time? And, do they need to be cut in a certain way or do u just rip em off?
Thanks again ;-)

I try to but off as much of the 'leaf stem' as I can. Some use a thumbnail. I mostly use scissors, but I will use a fingernail when I'm just reaching in to grab one or two leaves. I tend to do my defol in waves though, so I will pull each plant out and give it some one on one time. That's why I can use scissors. :)

Looking good keep on trucking. Patience and lots of reading is the key. Been reading almost nonstop since the wife gave the the go ahead. Now its all the info i can absorb the better. subed +reps

Thanks neko, I'm in the same boat :)
I'm just reading the forums googling shit , and basically just hoping I'm doing it right, gunna get a couple pics up in a few days, see how the flush has gone, then I'm gunna defoliate one and take it from there !
Happy days :)

hey creamyB im a noobi to indoor and get heaps of information from our How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know here at 420Mag its really been an excellent resource for me. Grow hard my friend :bongrip:

hey guys day 21 flower here, seemed to have bounced back well from the curled leaves that wer going on last week. they have both had 2 feeds of plain PH'd water and the curling has definatley gone down. ive jus gave them their first pluck, i was just going to do 1 to compare yeilds, but after alot of research i decided to do them both :yahoo:
i didnt take a great deal (compared to some of the stripped beasts ive seen on here) but the air circulation and light distribution should be a bit better, so, fingers crossed they will be ok (kinda weird cutting a plant ive been babysitting for 7 weeks) check em out.....:420:

IMAG002426.jpg

IMAG002624.jpg

IMAG002722.jpg

IMAG003620.jpg

IMAG003722.jpg

IMAG003417.jpg

as ive said before, first time doing this so i dont know how they are doing in terms of progression, but im stoked with them, will get some more pics up next thursday unless i run into any problems sooner lol
:peace:

Hey bud thanks man, I think my nutrient mix was a little strong, so I flushed them with plain water and I'm jus starting them slowly.
I think because my plants are only small ( 1 and 1/2 foot ) they don't need as much so I think I've found their maximum dosage per 5 litres of water, so I'm not going to exceed that.
I hope that helps bud

Hey bud thanks man, I think my nutrient mix was a little strong, so I flushed them with plain water and I'm jus starting them slowly.
I think because my plants are only small ( 1 and 1/2 foot ) they don't need as much so I think I've found their maximum dosage per 5 litres of water, so I'm not going to exceed that.
I hope that helps bud

I think that was an issue with mine. I bought some Dyna-Gro Grow at 7-9-5. I will mix 1/4 to a gallon of water and water the plant shortly, but I might wait until tomorrow. Thanks

If i was satisfied with my nutes performance id say stick to it, although i must say from what i've read If i had control over my NPK ratios id reduce it as its quite a popular opinion that you should drop N at this stage of flowering.

Being a noobi myself im trying to "Keep it simple stupid" but i cant help incorporating the more popularly accepted methods that i think won't hurt to try, thats why i love this place you can get so much info but at the end of the day you choose what you think is right for you and your grow. :thumb:

Thanks for the info mate,
As it's my first grow I'm just gunna go with what I've been doing, the plants seem great and I had a quick look on AN website and they recommend using their nutrients in equal parts throughout the whole cycle.
I guess I'll have to wait and see how it goes, and maybe experiment a little once I have a couple grows under my belt.
More pics up on Thursday

Back
Top Bottom