Advice for an overgrown screen & tent: can I put a light under the screen facing up?

Curiousnoob

Ok so I have a 5 x 5 Tent with 2 x Critical + and 2 x Girl Scout Cookies clones under 2 x 600W HPS in cool tubes. First time growing these strains and I have underestimated these girls stretch. I started scrogging them and once the screen was 90% full I flipped them. Anyways they have literally filled just about the whole tent about 2ft - 64cm above first screen. As you can see. (Sorry about the HPS shots)
20191123_201317.jpg

Canopy is even enough from a little supercropping.
20191123_221029.jpg

I did thin her out a bit, not that you can really tell.
20191123_212711.jpg

I'm wondering if anyone has had a similar problem and what they did, like removing every second stem to create a little space between them? or wait till they flower a little more and start stripping foliage out? Has anyone put a light under the canopy in a reflector facing up? will that work for lower flowers?
20191123_220554.jpg

I'm a little worried that if I leave them like this not much light will get to the lower flowers and I'm going to get a lot of airy buds? Any advicewould be appreciated, cheers. :lot-o-toke:

They have already flipped and have just finished there stretch, I think... it's only day 18 of flower so maybe a couple more days left. I will put in another screen and like you said clear out foliage. Do you think a light underneath will help with lower flower development?

They have already flipped and have just finished there stretch, I think... it's only day 18 of flower so maybe a couple more days left. I will put in another screen and like you said clear out foliage. Do you think a light underneath will help with lower flower development?

You completely missed the point. You need to cut all those little nodes off the bottom. You don't need to worry about light getting there because they shouldn't be there.

The purpose of a scrog is to put all the flowers in one canopy. Your not trying to grow the stuff at the bottom. A heavy defoliation is what I would suggest.

Back
Top Bottom