Advice on nutrients please

static123

Hi all, I need some advice please.

I am on my second grow and have been using a mix of nutrients that i think is probably not ideal and I wanted to start doing some research on what I should buy for the next grow in a few months time.

Unfortunately I was using a local grow shop here in the uk and as I am very much a new grower I listened to there advice as gospel however I am sure what I am using in totally wrong.

This is what I am using at the moment.

Biobizz Grow, Plant magic Cal Mag, buddhas tree advanced meta boost, and in flower i use the biobizz bloom, I am growing in soil, Canna terra pro plus and the strain in CBD critical mass

I had some good results the last time (see below pics) but I did struggle as I am now with the plants not being to healthy.

The last grow (CBD CM)
14613150576682061374814.jpg

If you guys advice me to change over to one brand then I will listen and do so on the next grow.

This is the new grow same Nuts -

2016-11-27_09_39_59.jpg

hope you can help, big thanks

I'm a rank amateur at this, so do not take what I say as advice.... Your plants appear to suffering some kind of nutrient deficiency, but the nutrients you're using, if you're doing it right, provide the amounts your plants require at each stage. That could mean your PH is off and your plants are not absorbing nutrients. Do you test PH regularly as well as for PPM to make sure your mix is in the right range at each stage?

I'm about two months into my first grow and I've been using GH FloraSeries (not organic like your stuff). The plants are gowing like crazy:

First_week_bloom1.jpg

While using organic fertilizer is very appealing to me, I went with the FloraSeries because its is popular and consequently, there is a lot of information, directions on using the products and customized nutrient schedules using the stuff at many sites. I expect I will try organics when I've had more experience.

One thing I've found when my nutrients were off (at one point too high) and after I flushed and add new nutes, the plants recovered in a couple of days.

Hi and thanks for the replies, I should have given some more details on what I am doing so apologies for that.

I am using Tap water and leaving it to stand for 24hours, the PH of the water out of the tap is 7.5 and after leaving it for 24hours it goes up to 8.5, so I bring it down with a PH Down to 6.5 (essentials Hydro) 81% Phosphoric acid. I do this after I have mixed in the amount of Nuts suggested, at the moment its 2ml grow, 1 ml meta boost 1ml cal mag, this is Per 1L, each plant is getting 2L every 3 / 4 days

unfortunately I am unable to test the PPM or anything else apart from PH as I am yet to get the equipment to do so hopefully soon as its christmas. I am convinced that the tap water I have here east sussex England is very very hard and I am sure this is not helping at all.

Temps have been a little all over the place due to a new location to grow but I think I have it sorted now with an average high of 27 and a drop at night to 20 21. RH is also a problem, with out me running a Humidifier 24/7 its around 38 with the Humidifier on I can get to 50 / 55 depending on the weather out side. So its not the best environment to be growing in.

I started off on the wrong foot with watering them as I am using some new air pruning pots and as this was the first time using them I was letting the plants dry out to much, there was some confusion on my part thinking I was over watering them when in actual fact it was the opposite, again I think I have this sorted now,

I would like to work out what I can do to use better water and what different PH Down I can use as I think the one I am using Kills of all the micro herd, I believe this is needed for the biobizz to actually work. Perhaps some suggestion on what water I can use or filters I could look in to ? distilled water is something I was reading about but that would cost, so a filter would be ideal as I am sure would be cheaper in the long run.

I woud really like to get these things sorted for the next grow, I think ill just try my best at the ones I have growing now as I am doing the same things i did on the last one and the results were not bad considering.

Again thanks for the help guys :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom