Advice is Welcome

DartGawd501

420 Member
Hello,
I am new to the growing hobby due to the fact that growing here in Germany is now legal. I decided to start with SLH because I read it was very forgiving. The plant seems to be doing well, but now the edges are turning slightly brown. I was informed this is due to overwatering. I usually water a small amount on a daily basis. I was wondering if this is too much.
1714160889329.png

Thank you

Welcome to 420magazine my friend :welcome:
Check this thread on watering.
You don’t water every day.
You need to water to runoff then let the soil dry.

Do you have nutrients?
What soil are you using?
Talk soon

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Thank you all for your advise.
1: I guess I need to cut down on my watering.
2: I am not using any added nutrients. I was advised if i use a very good BIO Soil, extra nutrients would not be needed.
I am thinking that I need to re-pot and cut down on watering . (???)
Thanks again for your help. I do not want to lose my first baby. :cool:

Hi DartGawd501,

What are you growing in? The plant doesn't look overwatered to me. What's your medium?

EDIT - sorry just read your previous post now and see you're in LOS. Perhaps @Keffka can comment on the yellowing edges. He is one of a handful of folk who are organic-heads. Hey @Keffka are you around?

I am growing in a plastic pot. It is inside of a homemade growbox.
The growbox in out of caardboard. It is lined with aluminium foil and the light is an led growlight which is around 30 cm from the plant. I also have a small fan blowing oxygen into the box 24 hours. I have the lights on for 12 hours per day.

The growbox in out of caardboard. It is lined with aluminium foil and the light is an led growlight which is around 30 cm from the plant. I also have a small fan blowing oxygen into the box 24 hours. I have the lights on for 12 hours per day.
Is the plant autoflower or photoperiod? I am wondering why you have the light on for only 12 hours per day while the plant is still so little? I would have thought you'd want that light on for about 18 hours if possible, to get it vegging strongly and turn it back down to 12 hours for flower in a photoperiod plant.

Uppotting and fresh soil will help.
Watering properly will help aswell.
But you will need nutrients.
Unless you are using living organic soil in a huge pot you will need nutrients.
Do you have access to a cannabis nutrient line?

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Here is his plant for reference
Good job so far

1B95EE1A-3BB9-493F-A0C8-54C1900F859A.png

Thanks for the Info Carmen. I had the lights on for 15 hours but turned them back when i saw the brown on the edges. I thought the light was too much. The plant is autoflowering. This is what i was told.
Autos seem to do best with 20 on 4 off. :Namaste:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

2: I am not using any added nutrients. I was advised if i use a very good BIO Soil, extra nutrients would not be needed.

the plant is asking to be fed. did you mix the soil yourself or take it straight from a bag ? if it's from a bag it will only sustain the plant for a couple wks.

you probably need nutes.

Thanks for the Info Carmen. I had the lights on for 15 hours but turned them back when i saw the brown on the edges. I thought the light was too much. The plant is autoflowering. This is what i was told.

minimum 18/6 for an auto. many growers run 20/4 like bill mentioned.

Hello Bill. I will replant first thing in the morning. I do not have access to a cannabis nutrient line
Ok maybe a local garden center will have something close.
There’s micro nutrients and nitrogen required in veg then more P&K in flower.
Soil will work for a while but it runs out.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Thank you everyone for all the expert help. I will make a trip to the garden shop tomorrow and see what they have to offer. If I understood correctly, I need either a high nutrient soil of soil additive for the soil. How often do I need to add the nutrients to the soil?
Thanks again. I will let you all know how the plant is doing. :cool:

Thank you everyone for all the expert help. I will make a trip to the garden shop tomorrow and see what they have to offer. If I understood correctly, I need either a high nutrient soil of soil additive for the soil. How often do I need to add the nutrients to the soil?
It depends on what you buy. :Namaste:
Most come with instructions on mixing and feeding.
Your typical cannabis nutrients are usually fed full strength at 6.4 ph to run off every other watering.
So feed when the pot is dry.
Then let it dry again could be 3-4 days before the pot is light again.
Then give water.
Repeat.
Feed, dry, water, dry, feed, dry, water, dry, Repeat..........
Lift the pot after watering, feel the weight then let it dry, feel the difference then feed/water.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

you need to have about a 15 to 20L bucket for each plant, enough media to fill them, and some cannabis specific nutes.
are you growing indoor or outdoor ?

edit : considering they are autos the smaller bucket would probably do.

you need to have about a 15 to 20L bucket for each plant, enough media to fill them, and some cannabis specific nutes.

are you growing indoor or outdoor ?

edit : considering they are autos the smaller bucket would probably do.
He said he had a light bluter :ciao: :passitleft:
I'm going to say inside. :Namaste:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

He said he had a light bluter

was going to ask about the light as well. i'm not entirely sure he was finishing them indoor. if it's indoor there's a couple other things we should make sure he is good for having, including enough light for flower.

Mr @DartGawd501 what light are you using?
Are you staying entirely indoors?
Thanks.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

I am growing this indoors- I was also told that I should use soil for vegetables and add liquid vegetable nutrients.
Sorry for such a bother people, I just dont want to lose it because I did something wrong.
We understand and want to help. :thumb:
We don't want you to loose her either :Namaste:
Any questions at all fire away.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Back
Top Bottom