Advice is Welcome

I am growing this indoors- I was also told that I should use soil for vegetables and add liquid vegetable nutrients.
Sorry for such a bother people, I just dont want to lose it because I did something wrong.

it's no bother. that's why we are here :)

i would recommend cannabis specific nutes for feeding. if you have a hydroponic garden store nearby they would be able to help. they will be more specialized than the regular garden center. bio-biz and canna are both nutes available in the euro zone and are very popular.

i see bill asked about the light.

Hello Bill. Yes, I am staying indoors. The light is an 80 cm LED growlight. It has been obove the plant sine the begginning. it seems to be doing well. I can adjust it to full spectrum or just blue.
Full Spectrum, :thumb:
How many watts?

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

I dont have a name. This is all the information i have. Take a look. GrowLight

if it's just the one strip you are gonna need a better light.
it takes about ~ 175 - 250 watt to bring a decent plant to finish well in flower if you're only growing one.

Hello,
I am new to the growing hobby due to the fact that growing here in Germany is now legal. I decided to start with SLH because I read it was very forgiving. The plant seems to be doing well, but now the edges are turning slightly brown. I was informed this is due to overwatering. I usually water a small amount on a daily basis. I was wondering if this is too much.. I will try to attach a link to a photo.
Click here for Photo

Thank you
Guten Tag

I am growing this indoors- I was also told that I should use soil for vegetables and add liquid vegetable nutrients.
Sorry for such a bother people, I just dont want to lose it because I did something wrong.
I'd advocate for a complete living organic soil and forget the synthetic nutrients, but that is just going to confuse things at this stage. I'm not sure what's available on the shelves in Germany, but I grow in a living organic soil which I buy in a plastic bag and decant into 20 L grow bags for my autos, then water only.

Ultimately, if I were you I'd give it some thought before making a decision. That plant is looking perky and healthy, just hungry as Bluter says. It does need a bigger pot. I do not think you are overwatering that plant. Do not get intimidated by watering, Carry on you are doing a great job!

I don't want to confuse things with organics now, so I'll not push that further.

You're in great hands here :)

I grow in a living organic soil which I buy in a plastic bag and decant into 20 L grow bags for my autos, then water only.

what are you running @Carmen Ray and what general part of the world are you in ?

loads of times its about access. if there's a reliable off the shelf, water only answer, where he is, then it's definitely relevant to include it.

what are you running @Carmen Ray and what general part of the world are you in ?

loads of times its about access. if there's a reliable off the shelf, water only answer, where he is, then it's definitely relevant to include it.
Hey Bluter. I'm on a break atm. I usually run two to three autos at a time on my kitchen table. I run them under 2 Vipar Spectra XS1500 Pro lights in living organic soil, in 5 gal cloth bags. I like the water only system and I don't expect massive yields from my setup.

I am in South Africa where cannabis soil is openly marketed.

Good Morning Experts.
So, i purchased a new lamp today. I will be hanging it about 1 meter above the plant. I will leave a link below.
Right now i have my SLH in a homemade growbox. Do I actually need a grow box? The room is the same temperature as the growbox and it is completely dark at night. New Light

Good Morning Experts.
So, i purchased a new lamp today. I will be hanging it about 1 meter above the plant. I will leave a link below.
Right now i have my SLH in a homemade growbox. Do I actually need a grow box? The room is the same temperature as the growbox and it is completely dark at night. New Light
That's a nice powerful looking lamp you got there. A box will enable you to control the conditions a bit more if you start adding the tech. I don't grow with anything covering my autos but I can't really control many factors such as humidity, temp etc. Your box will warm up with that light in it I think.

Hello again Carmen. OK, I think I will try it without the box and see how it goes. I can always put it back in the box.
I am planning on replanting today. In one week i can send photos to show how all is going.
Have a great weekend Carmen.

Hello again Carmen. OK, I think I will try it without the box and see how it goes. I can always put it back in the box.
I am planning on replanting today. In one week i can send photos to show how all is going.
Have a great weekend Carmen.
Excellent. What did you find to replant in?

I was advised if i use a very good BIO Soil, extra nutrients would not be needed.
Often true but if the pot is not very large it limits the benefits of the good soil. In other words, the more good quality soil the less the need for extra nutrients.

Hello Bill. I will replant first thing in the morning. I do not have access to a cannabis nutrient line
Do a google style search asking the question:
hydroponic stores near (add in the name of city or area you live in)

As an example, I just did this for Berlin, Germany and found at least 12 hydro and growing/gardening shops. I looked at some of the photos and recognized the bottles and bags of fertilizers.

Hello SW. The exact soil I bought I cannot find in english. But it is a BIO all natural soil for veggies.
I van post a link here for the german brand. Just in case you understand german. Soil
My Plant is 22cm from soil to the top leave
The new pot is 30 cm in diameter and 26 cm deep. it is made of plastic. I will drill holes in the bottom for runoff.

you'll do much better if you get cannabis specific products. you will need nutrients. i don't think that soil will get your plant to the finish line.

I van post a link here for the german brand. Just in case you understand german. Soil
Not enough so I went to the website and clicked on "translate" and the soil's website wanted to set cookies so I left.

But from looking at the picture you included I figure it is a natural organic mineral soil with a good amount of coco coir added (which is producing that light smooth looking brown color on the surface) . The EU and several other countries have laws stopping the use of peat moss and the growing and farming community has started to use coco coir instead.

you will need nutrients. i don't think that soil will get your plant to the finish line.
Yes, what "bluter" mentions. Your plant that we can see in the very first message is already showing signs that it needs more fertilizer than the soil is able to deliver. And once the plant starts the flowering stage it will need even more nutrients.

Back
Top Bottom