Afghan Kush Ryder 1st Grow

I'm going to order some T5's most likely or a HPS but I was wondering what's a good time to warm up the color temperature of the light? As in when would it be best with to go to 2700k?

When you flower your girls (switch to 12/12 lights). Most people veg for about 4 weeks but it all depends on your particular circumstances. Some people, such as DocBud starts at 12/12 right away sometimes.

HempRocket, I think I should be ok flowering at 24/0 since these are crossed with Low Ryders but I guess what I'm asking is since these are autoflowering plants, when would be the best time to change the spectrum of light towards the warmer side of things?

Anyhow, the girls are on day 19 so here's a photo update of the progress. All of these are from Hairy Girl#1 and I moved her into the bathroom with a bit less intense lighting setup for her photo shoot. Wish I could post them in higher resolution but alas, here we go.

Leafy for now but soon enough, I hope to get some killer bud photos up soon.
MG_2318.jpg

MG_2319.jpg

MG_2320.jpg

MG_2328.jpg

MG_2339.jpg

MG_2343.jpg

I've read that with autoflowering plants, it produces much more bud that 12/12 does.

Interesting. I'll have to research that. I'm growing half autos and half regular girls right now. Something I will have to read about....after I :roorrip: :roorrip::roorrip::roorrip:

Yep. Always a tripod and never flash. The first picture from that last set was actually a 30 second exposure. I pretty much took that photo in the dark with the only light coming from my computer screen in the next room.

As soon as I get some photo rep around here I'll write up a guide with some tips for any interested souls.

2011-01-19_21-06-10_393.jpg

Been too long since an update, lol. But with your (everyones) advice I'm going to go with an HPS setup. I saw one on the cheap on Amazon for ~$160 which was a dimmable 400 watt that can take a MH bulb as well so I'll get that. I'd actually do it now but I'm' waiting on the other girl (hopefully) to show some pre-flowers. So far she has shown zero indication of sex but she's only 22 days old and not as big as Hairy Girl#1 so I'm not worried.

But these were quick shots I took handheld with the lights and fan on so basically, not that great (motion-blur present, white balance is screwed up, etc...). But they do however get the point across; the girls are doing great! I have some burn spots due to over spray from something else I'm growing in the same room but I'm not going to let that happen again after seeing the burn spots.

Oh and I forgot to mention, I pulled the girls out and put them in identical pots but with some perlite at the bottom, then perlite and foxfarm mixture above it for about 4 inches. I then filled in the gap and added some (perlite/foxfarm) to the top and they've taken it quite well. Glad I did it as now all of the leaves get plenty of light and with Hairy Girl#1, I'm seeing pistols at many different nodes from the main stem to all of her smaller branches.

MG_2384.jpg

MG_2386.jpg

-T

Wow, it has been a while since an update. Been busy with school and work lately but I have time for a quick one. I put in a 4ft 4 bulb T5 setup yesterday. I know I said I was going to go with an HPS but I just couldn't stand the heat. The T5 however raises the temp in the closet with the door closed only a few degrees and I'm not afraid to leave home with it running. Also Girl#2 has busted out a few pistols. It took her a while but late is better than never.

Here's a couple shots of Girl#1. Will get some more open shots later but I wanted to show off some of the hairs that are busting out all over her.

And before I forget, I have two 6500k bulbs and 2 2900k bulbs installed right now. After Girl#2 catches up some I'll switch them all to 2900K for the final few weeks.

MG_2432.jpg

MG_2434.jpg

-T

Back
Top Bottom