Afghan Skunk - Bubba Kush - 600W HPS/400W MH - Soil

Keith Stone

Gonna start my first grow journal! I have 3 bubba and 3 afghan skunk gonna see what I can get out of em. I'm using root organic soil. Straight water for first couple weeks then gonna use ff big bloom and cal mag through veg and if anyone has any suggestions for better yields please do! Lol the little guys are on day 10 since hatch.

image19431.jpg

The beans popped before I had my light set up so they did stretch quite a bit lol. Now they're about 10 inches away from the light . Also have a 6 inch fan circulating air. 24/0 light schedule for now. Gonna drop to 18/6 after they get a size to them.

image19539.jpg

Day 12 from seed. Idk if it's just me or what but they seem a little slow starting. But I'm sure I'm over thinking lol watering every two or three days when need be. Pretty stoked for the months to come.. also started 2 hash plants and 1 more afghan. Should be popping in the next couple days.
Can anybody help with why my pictures are coming out sideways? When I select the pic to upload its facing the right direction but after I submit the photo it turns sideways on my journal ��
image19540.jpg

Are you using your phone or your computer to upload? If phone, check out my video Uploading Photos from iPhone / iPad

When you take a photo with your phone, make sure the volume buttons are down. That is the correct orientation of the camera.

If you upload them from your computer, then open the photo in photo viewer and rotate it 90* and save it, then rotate it back straight and save it again. This will re-orientate it to the correct position. You can also do this on your phone editor which I talk about in that video.

:thumb:

Don't worry about the slow growth just yet. There is a lot happening under the soil that you can't see. They are looking good brother. I would mix a little more perlite to soil ratio when you transplant. Shoot for about 30% perlite to help the soil drain a little better.

subbed :thumb: looking good mate

you're right about our journals being close, will intresting seeing them grow up together like friends :love:

not sure about the picture rotation :laughtwo:

i think your babies have stretched a bit, maybe if it is possible you could lower the lights a tiny bit?

i can see it in mine all the time, eventho the light is 2 inches close to them they still reach for it and lean over.

is it possible that his growth was slowed down by the light density? i mean they are reaching for it and maybe it's not that strong? maybe mine suffered cause of too much light? who knows, it's so intresting to watch 2 grows with relative genetics to develop so differently.

this course will serve well for our academic knowledge :high-five:

is it possible that his growth was slowed down by the light density? i mean they are reaching for it and maybe it's not that strong? maybe mine suffered cause of too much light? who knows, it's so intresting to watch 2 grows with relative genetics to develop so differently.

this course will serve well for our academic knowledge :high-five:

Depends on what you mean by density.. If you mean lumens, then yes, not enough lumens will certainly slow down growth and make them reach for the light more because of the Inverse Square Law of light. Never really heard of too much light unless it is putting off too much heat.

What size and strength of bulbs are you both using?

im using a 150w 6400k CFL mounted on a standard reflector, my plants went through a tragedy and became stressed. they're experiencing some problems on their first leaves while new growth is coming out healthy

im not sure if the damage was caused cause of the poor transplant or cause of heat, my lights are 2 inches above them but they are still reaching and when i put my hand honestly it doesnt feel that hot.

you could take a peek in my journal if you are intrested in comparing differences aswell, this subject really had my curiosity going.

I'll take a look.

Are you referring to your "troubled childs" twisting growth? If so I had the same issue and she grew out of it. Here is a pic of mine at about the stage.

IMG_064322.JPG

Those leaves eventually got hacked off anyway, so I wasn't too worried. Some thoughts were a pH imbalance. But idk?

theres too many variables and everyone grows differently so I wouldn't expect the same growth just because your growing the same seeds

I'll take a look.

Are you referring to your "troubled childs" twisting growth? If so I had the same issue and she grew out of it. Here is a pic of mine at about the stage.

Those leaves eventually got hacked off anyway, so I wasn't too worried. Some thoughts were a pH imbalance. But idk?

wow it looks exactly the same, even the curling resembles mine in the same fashion that yours did curl

it could be, my soil's pH is 6.2 and i water them with distilled water after i pH it down to 6.0.

i haven't tested the runoff yet maybe ill do that next feed, that should give us some information on this mysterious curling

i thought it was the light angle but i guess i was wrong, cause yours doesn't suffer from that and still acted like mine, so ill cross that off my analysis list

we should find out soon enough, ill keep you guys updated on the issue.

theres too many variables and everyone grows differently so I wouldn't expect the same growth just because your growing the same seeds

you're absolutely right brother, eventho we have a similar genetic background there are just too many variables in every grow to expect them to be identical in any way.

I'm using a 400 watt mh bulb not sure of the brand. It was a hand me down lol now the light is 12 inches away from the light. When I transplant I'm gonna use hydroton on the bottom of the containers and add about 20-30 percent perlite. Gonna try to get real good aretion to the roots. Gonna transplant probably when they get around 8 inches tall. Haven't decied what size of pots yet. Most likely 5 gallon buckets.
image19549.jpg

Better picture of my veg area and light. Once those seeds break the dirt Im gonna move em a little closer to the light

you realize hid bulbs lose strength over time?
theres a chart running around somewhere so most people using hid's change the bulb about once a year

Back
Top Bottom