All of a sudden the clones dont root

boscodog

All the people who read this website could not give me any reasons to why my clones would not root. Everyone said the roots were cool, too dry, too wet, bugs,etc etc,. Nobody clued in when I said i had just switched to new soil and a new fertilizer. Turns out it was as simple as the nitrogen in the mom was too high. There were no signs of burning but the new fert was stronger than what I was using before. The n levels were too high and dont allow the clones to root. I found this out from an old local who is afraid of 420 now. So, there ya go. You might have just learned something that hopefully will keep you from setting you back. I sure did! Now my calendar just says ouch!-Bdog

Hi, yes, it took a long time to knock that down. About 3-4 weeks of straight water, taking a few clones each week untill they started rooting again. This was all after about two months of trying to figure out what was wrong. So for someone like me who grows on a cycle, it put a big gap in my production. things are finally shaping up. Cheers!

I mentioned this in another thread, but, many years ago, I found out that using a high phos (Peters Blossom Booster), on my mother plants (soilless mix) gave me much better stems for cloning. Regular 20-20-20 gave me too much SOFT green growth.

Your "too much nitrogen", rang a bell with me also.:cool:

DD

Back
Top Bottom