Aloha from Maui

Check out my Island Grow. Link it signature. It was my 1st grow in many years.
Hey Stinker I checked out your island grow. What a nice set of fat bud you yielded from that, super well done! That Xmas Bush growing out of the old tire looked especially good. Love it! :ganjamon:

Thanks, those were up Kehalani. It is hot and dry like the west side. Friends grow primo out of lahaina, look for a sativa dom cross, they handle the heat. You really don't need to supplement light, plenty that. Buggas grow fast, if you don't want too big, cut veg time. There is a short season now. Shoot for a summer grow, the plants in the journal were started on Aug 1. Mid July is the soonest I would start a photo if you want for the porch. Aloha
roger that on the summer grow - ill keep the photos outside fulltime starting them in july. ive got autos started right now tho, 2 germd in the final pot .. 2 gonna transplant.. gonna do a lil experiment i figure ill bring one of each in for extra light since theyre autos. dont think theyll get very big outside but who knows. thanks for the reassuring input

Hey Stinker I checked out your island grow. What a nice set of fat bud you yielded from that, super well done! That Xmas Bush growing out of the old tire looked especially good. Love it! :ganjamon:
Thank you, I had to lash it to the rim and tire. It would suck up all the water in a day and blow around the yard. Top heavy surprise, she didn't flower with the rest.

Aloha, located on the Big Island. Long time grower here. Mostly inside due to neighbors and kids. Medical user/grower so not worried about the legality. Grow autos and pheno. Currently just harvested a GG4 Auto. Grow method is hydroponic waterfarms recirculating in a 4x4 tent with 750 Kind LED. I use GH advanced nutes and blend them to the needs of the girls.

Glad to be here for any advice I can offer.......Mahalo

I have never been to Hawaii but it's the home of Maui Wowie and all that volcanic soil which I'd love to do a grow in. Good luck with your plans!
Yeah me too... I know growers in HI - most of em take advantage of local resources.

The volcanic soil I'm sure is killer.

Yeah me too... I know growers in HI - most of em take advantage of local resources.

The volcanic soil I'm sure is killer.
yea im very uneducated about my options right now as far as local resources but im doing lots of reading. our landfill offers free green waste mulch and volcanic cinder is cheap. there are cheap compost worms on craigslist. interested in going the supersoil route with some vermicompost and lavarock..in raised fabric bed on the porch.

Over time I have amended and re-amended a variety rock dusts to my soil, probably over and above the standard recommendations. I have done so with the thought that soils in places like Hawaii most likely contain a lot of rock and rock dust in the soil, and when folk say Maui Wowie always grows best in Hawaii it makes me think that having plenty of rock dust in my soil is not a bad thing. :morenutes:

Over time I have amended and re-amended a variety rock dusts to my soil, probably over and above the standard recommendations. I have done so with the thought that soils in places like Hawaii most likely contain a lot of rock and rock dust in the soil, and when folk say Maui Wowie always grows best in Hawaii it makes me think that having plenty of rock dust in my soil is not a bad thing. :morenutes:
Accidental post.. apparently the lava rocks high in iron and magnesium so it’s logical to me!

Back
Top Bottom