Am I legal in California? Using someone else's permit

KarlJay

Someone related to me has a med script. Good for up to 99 plants. I have a copy of it.

He says that he can grow where he wants, so I'm helping him out by letting him use my house and shed.

I 'think' I understand the fed/state laws: feds say NO, state says YES.

What I'm asking is can he grow in my house with a valid script. Script is in California and I live in California.

Would I be in better standings is I just got my own script? He said my injuries will get me one with no problem, but I don't see a need if we are state legal.

No he can't^ Check your state mmj rules. But most people that say ''all you need is my script'' are not your friends.

Best to get you own med script. No middle man!

I grow for a family member, and all the doctor told me was that I have to have a copy of his rec posted where I'm growing.

Ok, now I'm more concerned. One thing the doesn't add up is that IF someone with a script can grow anywhere, what's to stop him from growing at 10 or 20 different houses. If the script allows for 99 plants, how would anyone know how many are at each site. What's to stop someone from using someone else's script and going over the limit.

One other issue is that I really didn't wan't the government having my name on a script. Based on past events, I feel that I have reason to not fully trust our beloved government :)

He has to be on the lease if HE'S growing there. If he isn't, then you'll need to be a caregiver. Under California law, 'in order to qualify as a primary caregiver under California's Compassionate Use Act, Proposition 215, Mentch would have had to assume the responsibility for a patient's housing, health, or safety, or some combination of the three, in addition to providing them with marijuana.'

CA Supreme Court: Caregiver must do more than provide marijuana - Times-Standard Online

Ouch! Ok, I own the house so there is no lease and he kinda lives wherever and gets care wherever.

Ok, so it looks like I'm NOT legal.

Not only that but one of the people involved suffers from "can't STFU" and is bringing people over to showcase, this after several discussions about how to STFU.

... I'm going to get a script or shut this deal down...

Thanks for the info! You may have saved me a big headache...

I would shut it down immediately because of that individual who keeps bringing prospective home invaders over. You're welcome. I hope I just saved you from another one. ;)

Yeah certainly not legal to do what your saying. The recommendation is only valid in its original form, and original signature by the MD. Also, I agree with the previous poster to shut it down immediately, it sounds like quite a few people know about what's going on.

Good call on the link,etc. DrofDank

Stay legal mates!:Namaste:

Ok, ducks are all in a row now.

The info was great, it's really a one way street: Script holder can grow for others, others CAN'T grow for script holder (unless they have their own script). I *think* the others that the script holder grows for need a script themselves, maybe someone else knows that.

BTW, this topic concerns California laws... check your own areas...

The above link was right on the money!

Thanks for the info!

Be cautious with that 99 plant recommendation too.

Doctors rip people off, because if you're in a county that does not allow that many plants your recommendation doesn't mean anything. By that I mean if you're in a strict county that adhere's to the state minimum your recommendation will not protect you if you go over.

Back
Top Bottom