Ambrosia Under CFL & Two LED 450's

Re: First attempt at a CFL grow from non fem seeds

420-magazine-mobile1957687375.jpg
420-magazine-mobile130264262.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1459908413.jpg
420-magazine-mobile285144002.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1814535213.jpg
I picked up the makings of the soul for the future re-potting. Sea-soil is good stuff.
They are drying out so quickly now. You can see the cracks in the soil around the outside of pots. I gave them a good soak, about 1.5ltr. I took the runoff from the catch tray and put it back in with my remaining water, then ph tested it. 6.5 when it was 7 right out of the tap yesterday. Seems ok.
I added a bowl of water to the box to try to bring the humidity up.
Due to size constraints, and my desire to replant the majority of the boys and girls to the outdoors, I'm thinking of only transplanting to 4 inch pots until I make the move outside. Then my remaining indoor plants will be given bigger homes.
Many roots coming through the drainage holes today. I will post a photo of that tomorrow.
RedHector

420-magazine-mobile1332340815.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1726352288.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1106740338.jpg
420-magazine-mobile145376891.jpg
as promised, a photo of the kids this morning, and a view of the roots coming through the drainage holes.
Any input on when to re-pot. Everything I read talks about repotting when it gets rootbound. Is there a way to check without taking the seedlings out of the starter tray? I'm happy with the roots coming through, but I feel the plants are still quite small.
Input?
RedHector

420-magazine-mobile1120108978.jpg
420-magazine-mobile429036728.jpg
got my new led in the mail today. 450 watt reflector series with 5 watt leds. Also picked up a bunch of 4inch square pots and some bio-gold which I was told would help with re-potting.
I had to water again today, they are drying out so quickly now. I will mix up the soil tomorrow, and I plan on re-potting Wednesday. I would like them in the bigger pots, as I will be out of town for 8to 10 days leaving the 18th. My wife will water 1/2 way through, but they are barely lasting 2 days between water presently.
RedHector

420-magazine-mobile2088730059.jpg
420-magazine-mobile270813555.jpg
420-magazine-mobile578697822.jpg
420-magazine-mobile204032798.jpg
420-magazine-mobile515990480.jpg
420-magazine-mobile290113386.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1845767184.jpg
Well the soil was mixed up yesterday and today I repotted the boys and girls. 4inch square pots. Adjusted the depth to deal with the stretch that some had shown.
Lightly watered with a light solution of bio-gold which is supposed to be a root beneficial nutrient containing helpful micro-organisms . Let's see how many I killed... they all were showing some very healthy roots during the transplant.

420-magazine-mobile420381556.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1368284358.jpg
420-magazine-mobile596619553.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1839316463.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1450237707.jpg
420-magazine-mobile151321239.jpg
A few pictures of the boys and girls. They seem to be picking back up after their recent trauma. I only noticed one in really rough shape. I believe that it was one of the earlier toppled plants which I tried to save by repotting deeply to give it strength/ support. I plan on getting the led light set up for them over the weekend. I also will look into a swick to take care of them while I'm out of town. I know that they aren't growing very quickly, but I attribute this to them only being exposed to light 15hours per day.

I have the same LED reflector(s)..Just got my 2nd one...the other day..Lovin it so far...:)
More important, so do my ladies..
Maybe pick up one of those pump sprayers to help watering..Wifey will thank you for it..:adore:
4-14-17.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1326583863.jpg
420-magazine-mobile568460978.jpg
420-magazine-mobile824054318.jpg
420-magazine-mobile181215496.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2018351293.jpg
I gave the children a big feeding of super diluted nutrients 6.5ph. They look great to me and really seem to like the extra space. They are still quite quick to dry out. Slipped a finger into the soil on the outside of several of the pots, and they were dry up to my 1st knuckle, and light.
RedHector

420-magazine-mobile1351730630.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1696037949.jpg
420-magazine-mobile920806636.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1153582656.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1468538138.jpg
I moved the boys and girls to their led tent this morning before hitting the road. They are really starting to take off. Two of them have light burn from cozying up to the cfl. I have the led at 18 inchs over the plants. Should be okay.
It will be a bit over a week before the next photos. I'm excited to see how they develop.
RedHector

They look great! Be careful of that water splash though~ the water will magnify the light & burn the leaves~ it happened to me but I have an mh/hps light, so I'm not certain about the LEDs... maybe someone else with LEDs can weigh in! They're looking healthy & happy in their new homes!

420-magazine-mobile501839726.jpg
my wife just sent me a photo of my green baby's. She has watered them since, but a few were looking rather dry and wilted. Tomorrow I hope to see some improvement. I think when I get back home I will top them and clone for the purpose of sexing them. Unlike vespertine I'm not quite as liberally minded when it comes to "the talk".. . just kidding. They can be whatever they want as well..
I miss being home. This trip has been too long.
RedHector

Looking good! Nice and green! Maybe I missed it but do you know your water's ppm?? I just ask because they are looking dark green which is GOOD but if I remember correctly you have only fed them nutrients once and diluted.

When plants are that healthy forest green it means they are getting their proper nutrients. I wasn't using any nutrients but my plants were that color and when I got my ppm meter I found out why... 315 ppm out the tap!! 'Normal' water is usually around 100-200, RO is 0. My water here in Italy is 'city' but it is sourced From the nearby mountain springs so it's filled with goodies the plants love... quite different from my 'hard' water in the states growing up with a well. The iron stained everything with a burnt rust color. This water is mostly cal, lime, mag... saves me a bundle on nutrients. EC Count can be too high and in that case you get that dark forest green color but instead of the leaves looking almost soft and velveteen, they get a waxy appearance.

Anyway... my point is... they are looking mighty healthy with that beautiful dark green color and from what I read it seems your wifey is just watering with plain water... Have you looked into your waters ppm? It can help you properly measure nutrients later down the line because you know exactly how much to feed for your exact water. So if the nutrient says feed at 800 ppm you subtract your waters ppm and only add the difference...
Woossh... that was wordy... hope I made some sense.
Looking good. I hope you have a happy homecoming!
XxKitty

Hey Hector! They're looking great! Told you they'd be aiiight! I'll bet you're missing them! My sexing experiment failed, so I wish you better luck with that! Can't wait to see it!

Hi Cannakitty, tap water was 6.5 The first day I tested, and 7.0 the next. It is out of a mountain lake reservoir. I haven't checked the ppm of dissolved solids, but you have me curious. I will take a look.
Thanks vespertine, I'm looking
Forward to being home and seeing my family and the little green boys and girls. I will post photos of my cloning experiment.
RedHector

Back
Top Bottom