Anecdotal evidence of buds regenerating when cut in half

Yeah, pics would be great!

Do you wait until the bud is almost completed it's flowering? ... like let's say, You clipped the bud @ 50% and left the other 50% on the plant...but to clip the bud it is ( what percentage of being complete before harvest?) ... because I have a plant that is about 3 maybe 4 weeks from harvest. would this work?

~ And do you change any of the feeding tables for the plant now? ~

example: Would I be more inclined to super dose the plant with higher concentrations of "P" and "K" ? ...also what about the Calcium or Magnesium problems if any? and one more thing as an afterthought... ~ If I cut my buds, maybe a dialed in feeding schedule with more
Co2 and a PH of water change... just general questions of concern when trying something new. " Good Luck "

CAM000541.jpg
CAM000531.jpg
CAM000523.jpg
CAM000513.jpg
CAM000502.jpg
CAM000502.jpg
CAM000492.jpg
CAM000492.jpg
CAM000483.jpg

Mhmm, can't tell too much from the pic, that's a small ass bud. Still wondering if this would even be an option for "increased yield". I feel like if you trim the buds a certain way then let them grow back. You could have a forever harvest? As long as 12/12 is on. It would keep the plant in flower forever?

if you cut a bud that is fully mature, then 3 NEW BUDS with white hairs come up and mature over the next few weeks, then I would have to assume its increasing yield.

NOTE* This bud picture is the SAME BUD AS THE PICTURE AT BEGINING OF POST. So u can see what it changed to. look at page 1 photo then look at this. its the bud on the left on page one.

My Low region Aghan was a small plant when I first harvested it , my partner at the time broke its top off while it was almost finished flowering.... So I revegged it and put it back in bud a month later. after a few weeks of flower and the buds were evident I was struggling with quitting smoking cigarettes so I started taking half the nugs off from branches , what I would estimate to be a 1/4 dry weight per day. It would regenerate the buds in a week or so inthe spots so I did this for several months till I chopped her down. It never fully matured , the flavor was decent but if I hacked without looking closely at the specimens I took they were often quite green still. I loved it and if I had a vape it would have been 100 times better! For 2 solid months I smoked nothing but that bud to replace cigarettes and I never smoked anything that quite does it for me since and yes I smoke cigarettes again :(

I forgot to mention boutthat Afghan plant , it got enormous and over grew my grow room I found it just took over everything and the buds never ballooned due to the stress I put it through so buds were airy mostly but potent.

I forgot to mention boutthat Afghan plant , it got enormous and over grew my grow room I found it just took over everything and the buds never ballooned due to the stress I put it through so buds were airy mostly but potent.

Exactly my point in both of your posts. My main goal of my grow is as small ass possible, as efficient as possible, and as potent as possible. By owning a vape, (iolite and a very very cheap 30 dollar long whip digital vap) I can take the MOST MATURE buds and cut them by 50 percent, and vape them, then smoke them. Lately I will clip the bud at 50% and set on top of the light to dry. (by the way this is SMALL STEALTH GROW, I dont want huge buds. I want buds as mature as possible and as potent as possible and as OFTEN as possible and this works perfect for me.)They then regenerate every single time when done properly. (no more than 60%) The remaining 40-50% of the bud will regrow but will be very potent, more potent/mature than the bud growing in its initial stage. I grow all plants, , together , in 3 buckets.(10-20 at any one time all under a foot about currently and never go over 18 inches, i top them and keep them small and budding) I have good known seeds and mid grade seeds too. Its like a sea of green only milked and mixed. I have 12/12 off after experimenting with 13 on 11 off for a LONG time and noticed the buds got huge but matured slower so I went to 12/12. I have had 12/12 in my only grow room for as long as I have grown at this location (2 years + beside trial of 13/11) I put new seeds in soil often. I use miracle grow potting soil and despite what anyone says, it has WORKED PERFECT for me due to its ph, and slow release. Yes some are over nuted or under , but most are perfect. OK I digress, brb let me get some of the stuff i had dried on my light.... 1 minute later ... OK now we get back to What I do. Because of High and Low quality plants, My pain of fibromyalgia, my low budget, and my desire for a should i say on a 1-10 10 being good, a level 3-4 buzz to help me medically. I dont smoke huge joints or huge bowls. So I will take the shitty plants and work on them first (take 50% off the most mature buds , no cutting of stems/leaves). I try to leave some on the shitty plants by if they are not regrowing fast I will take too much and the site i did will not regrow and will be as if i clipped the bud at the base of its stem. BUT i dont care, its a shitty plant that helped me medically while my best plants are getting FROSTY (i love my name Frosty Bud) and mature. When my shittiest plants have been *milked* and all sights that are mature enough are cut at 50% , I go to my bigger less shitty medium plants. Taking off the buds from these (fatter, denser, looks healthier) is second stage for me. If these are few they go quick as I am out of "medicine" alot these days. Next I go to my best and prime plants and take 50% of the very top bud/buds. This will then make the plant really goes all out on bud as its late its own season and all the new bud sights are very very crystolated, lol, and mature. I have 3 plants like this 2 are better and the 3rd is a diff strain and fluffy. I dont recommend milking YOUR BEST OR EVEN NICER plants till you understand and see for yourself what happens. Im making another post after this to show the cons and how to help them. I only recomend first timers to cut one single mature bud at maybe even 30-40% and watching the results. Like the post before this with WILDROSE they will keep regrowing and OVERGROW hence READ MY NEXT POST FOR PROBLEMS OF OVERGROW.

OVERGROW Problem and Solution: If your bud , that you topped at 50% , and it regrows, and possibly you topped again and regrews, may encounter what im calling milking overgrow, which is a problem. The bud tries to take any available single little buds ( you know when u pull apart a bud all the single little ones come off alone?) try to become the main bud sight. just like topping a stem and making 2, then 4 , then 8 main colas, and so forth. WHen you get to 8 sights on one single bud, SOME WILL GROW IN TOWARD THE STEM AND CAN MOLD IF NOTHING IS DONE.. To counter this milking overgrow, I make sure it gets airflow at the stem and clip away any tops of the bud growing toward the stem. If you only milk the bud once, It should try to make 2 bud tips. these normally are at the sides and away from the stem. But when it has 4 or more , it can shoot multiple tips of the milked bud to the stem, colliding with the bud on oposite side of stem and they push and grow against each other and then get no light and look light green and moldy. Keep your stems as visible as possible if milking many times on a single bud site that are side by side on stem like this '|' ...
OVERMILK: If you cut more than 70% of the bud from top to bottom, you may cut too much and overmilk the bud and it will not regrow well or at all. Waiting in between milking is key but happens generally fast if bud is healthy and at has lots of leaves (fan) left to get extra nutes from. (i leave leaves cause i dont add to many nutes, nutes are in the leaves) If you are perfect at nutes, just do nutes required for extra bud growth. Anyways, I am still experimenting but have been doing this since a few weeks before I started this post. I am still learning as well. I am not trying to have the best , biggest , most potent buds. I just want buds when Im out , but I KNOW if you clip a small bud off at the stem, you are waisting HUGE amounts that would have otherwise grown. Hence Milking is very good to only take 50% of the bud , and have, and let it regrow. ALMOST as if you had not cut the bud at all. SO it's either milking, and reharvest/remilk, OR cut bud to soon, and waste alot, OR wait and wait and wait for the bud to mature 100& then clip it at stem ( I refuse to wait as I need my medicine and I am not nice without my marymood stabilizer :) ) By cuttign small/crappy plants first, its allows you to get the large ones as mature as possible wihtout tampering with them.
TOPPING. Becuase I generally keep all my plants in a 2x2 foot area, I have many plants , that are small and tall. The tall ones I top using a technique similar to FIM. This makes many bud sights and keeps the plant much shorter. It can make so many budsight that it cuases overgrow so be careful. Im to medicated to finish my thoughts on this but please continue to try this and provide info back. I love the fact we can all try new things together and get the most of this medicinal plant that I believe God made for us to eat, use, and enjoy with thanksgiving. God bless, and happy growing.

any news guys? I have 2 plants with only 2 buds on very bottom of each milked and they are regenerating very very slowly. Mixed result but definitely something here.

Look up fimming , look up how long it takes for a fim to recover and add a few days to that. The denser the damage the longer the recovery time but a thousand times the reward is possible in some respect. It is not a gamble it is a patience thing. Works real well with drip systems too...

I had read some where that Dj short Flo buds regenerate maybe this what they mean.

hmm looks interesting :) Don't fully understand, so you let the plant flower fully, like ready to harvest, then chop bits of bud off? and they grow back?? lol :D

Back
Top Bottom