Anecdotal evidence of buds regenerating when cut in half

Here is a picture from today and the first picture immediately after cutting. I am not sure how much of a difference there is, but it has not even been a week yet and they said 1-2 weeks. It does not "feel" any heavier then the bud right next to it. One of the reasons I cut the one I did, was there was an identical bud right next to it to compare. I will try to get a picture of both buds later.

20150121_074424_resized.jpg

20150119_071430_resized.jpg

I'm thinking this technique is along the same lines as backbuilding. Light Addicts technique to fatten buds. my personal experience with backbuilding is that the buds will recover.

It's like topping, you're redirecting the plants energy. .instead of the top growing, it fattens other buds while that area cut is repaired.

At least that is what I am seeing, with backbuilding..

Still waiting for your final feelings on this since you're in the trenches with them, but I think there is something there, good for you for trying.

This is AWESOME, how many posts and replies and input this thread I started has "generated". LOL Never thought this regeneration post would get so big. I just came back to check in. I have not been doing this method lately as I have not needed to. This is mainly for people who own a vape who can take a 1/4 or 1/2 of a bud and throw it in a vape, and get meds without doing too much stress to the plant. This can also be used to quick dry some and get some meds to smoke fast. I always get anxiety attacks so I let my buds go as long as possible. But just like the Fudge I missed technique, this will cause more buds to regen from the site of cutting as long as some (i recommend 1/4 or at max 1/3 bud cut, rest left) bud is left and it is not cut off at the stem as so many do. God bless you all and I hope this medicine helps you all and you are all at peace. Thanks for all the support!

Also, As far as the headiness of the bud, and as far as those who are thinking of cutting top 30% of EVERY bud, I would say, First , Only do ONE bud site, see the results. Secondly, I would say cut the bud that is the most mature or your preference. For example, You want pain relief, cut the bud that has the least white hairs and more red/purple hairs, and get magnifying glass and get the white or amber trichomes. If you need depression relief then go for the less mature , clear/clear white trichomes, more white hair to colored hair ratio. Thirdly this is to help those who need meds and don't want to cut an entire bud (at the stem). Fourthly, If everyone just cuts one bud, even if it a tiny one, to see the results , it will not hurt the plant and can still show the results. I don't recommend cutting every bud site on a plant until you do just one bud site on the least favored plant.

Super,
After chopping and curing, we're you able to tell a difference? What about weight of the natural bud and the one you cut from? Did it feel thicker. Did the regenerated have more light colored trics, ie clear, milky, amber? At what week in flower did you clip?
Again, sorry you have to abandon your grow, sucks, but hopefully we see another Smaller Than Ever again!

Back
Top Bottom