Anecdotal evidence of buds regenerating when cut in half

I want that foreverfloweringproducing-cannabis plant NOW!

It is my understanding and experimentation that any plant that is producing buds, when the buds become mature enough for you personally, Cutting the bud just like FIM, not at the stem but halfway down the bud , the bud will regenerate just like FIM regenerates 3-5 or more buds at that location. The only difference between normal harvest and this, is, you don not cut the bud at the stem, rather, you cut it at maximum 70% , making sure to leave some of the bud. The bud will then regenerate over time. Just like you top a plant to make the rest of the buds bigger, this tops each bud and allows the plant to use remaining fan leaves to regenerate the buds. I don't use nutrients, I use miracle grow, and I normally go seed to weed with 12/12 or 13/11 on/off. So they dont get very big but I want them small. The fan leaves are used all up. I haev one i did this to just recently and has 4-5 new buds growing on a mature plant. its cool. Just when you think you are ready to sample a bud to dry, DONT CUT AT STEM, cut into the bud and leave half the bud on the stem and then you will see what I am talking about. I have done this on many plants, of many types, and all have regenerated when the bud was cut halfway and not taken off at the stem. Each bud is 100 nodes. taking 50 nodes will leave 50 to regen. (just an example). If you want to revege a flowering plant you must leave buds on it, so the bud itself will shoot new leaf growth and start regrowing, well if its 12 on 12 off, that same bud site will produce more bud, instead of leafs. Does this make sense? lol

if you look at my gallery, you will see one two buds on a stem, I clipped the bud halfway and in the other picture you can see the white hairs coming from that same cut bud, and in the end of gallery you can see that same bud with 3-4 buds coming off of it that regenerated. Hope this helps.

Instead of clipping half way down the bud, why not just clip the top 1/8 off so it grows outward more and doesnt put that much stress on your plants. depending on the size of flower your clipping in flower stage could set it back a couple weeks of grow time not counting the time to bounce back from the stress adding a few more weeks being around a total of 4-6 weeks total. if you clip just the top, almost like a bird came up and tried eating a bug and clipped the top, maybe it would have a better reaction? i will have to test this on one of my ladys to this 'milking' technique and try just clipping the tops of the flowers in flower week 2 or 3

GFc

i would think going to 18 hrs of light until new leaves grew and then 16 hrs for a week then 14 hrs for a week then 12 hrs light until done..
more hrs of light = more veg then more bud..

So by cutting the top half of bud, it will grow back In what direction, is it still as potent and where does the new bud form? Im on my first plant and research EVERYTHING. I love to learn so spill it on meh please.

i havent done this, and am skeptical to do so, maybe some day ill chop a nug in half and see what happens. may do it here in 2-3 weeks. ill let u know here if i do

I&i

Hmm sound intereseating if a little risky, what with the extra stress on the plant and extra chance of mold, but it makes sense that it could work. Not sure if ill ever try it or not, but still intereseating to hear about none the less.

Ok. I am giving it a try on one bud of my AK48. I will try to update pictures daily to show change.

Here is the bud to start with.

20150117_072938_resized.jpg

Now with approximately 1/3 of the top removed.

20150117_073059_resized.jpg

Stay tuned for more pictures.

Do you think it's getting more dense right now? So instead of growth it's just filling out? Not sure if you squeezed before but I'm sure the nug to the side of it would be a good comparison.

I&I

Thanks for doing the dirty work here, looking forward to your results.

Back
Top Bottom