Anonnymooses CFL & LED DIY (On The Cheap) Grow

Congrats on the light upgrade Moose!! Those tents are sooo awesome!! Definitely upgrade yo the cool tube especially in the summer time otherwise it will become a sauna.
Your tent is pretty big so it might not get too hot in there though but a cool tube will definitely come in handy but if you can grt away without using it through the winter it would be beneficial as the cooltubes do cut out some light and cleaning the dust out of them is kind of annoying.
I'd just tie down the top of the big one down instead of cutting it off especially this far into flower. The last thing you will want yo do is lose yield from stressing and chopping it up.
I'm happy you got your new setup man even if I'm a little jealous haha
Looking forward to seeing the pics too!!
Keep on growing!!

Hi all,

Photos below. Sorry for the color, I found a camera that still worked ok under the light but it doesn't handle the color well.

I am going to use the DE alot more towards the end to keep the gnats down as I dont want any more chemicals, and the sticky trap has caught 3 adults in the last 3 days so I know they are still there.

I was talking to a friend last week who also grows, we were comparing notes and I was surprised that he used pots 50l pots while I only use 10l pots. I have always used this size and thought it was fine. I know they are quite root bound at the end but I didn't think it was too much of an issue as long as they were still kept at the right moisture levels and had food to absorb. I think I'll try something larger for my next plants, I think 50l is a huge step up considering I haven't had issues, but I am interested to know what will happen if I move up to 20 or 25l pots.

The main plant is beginning to get some pistils turning brown, I will start flushing now and will be harvesting in no time!

DSCF03966.JPG

DSCF03957.JPG

DSCF03946.JPG

DSCF03932.JPG

DSCF03916.JPG

DSCF03906.JPG

DSCF03896.JPG

Looking super bushy man!! You must be getting pretty close to harvest now. How are the trichs looking?
I wouldn't be too concerned about the pot size either. 50 litres is pretty huge so unless you want monsters I wouldn't go any bigger than 20L.
The big buckets that paint comes in are around the 20L mark and they are plenty big enough for your grow. Have you seen his grow? That would be some serious back breaking work filling 6 of them up with soil haha
I'm no expert but I think 4x 10-15L pots would be perfect for your tent. I'd also consider some lst work to maximise the potential area.
You got your cool tube yet? It looks like you got a bit of heat stress on your leaves.
Sorry for the slack reply too, didn't get a notification saying you had commented and I came on the thread to give you a hurry up on giving us an update haha

Take it easy!!

Sorry for lack of updates (again), I will get some more photos up tomorrow.

Last weekend I harvested the main cola off the main plant because barely able to support its own weight and was leaning over and blocking light to other parts of the plant. It had about 20% amber pistils so I decided to just chop it. Have dried it and is currently curing, but I dried a couple of nugs out more to make them smokable and they aren't bad. It smoked well but doesn't have that nice smell to it so I am hoping this will come out after some curing. The other buds have continued to mature and I am going to harvest the whole plant tomorrow morning before the lights come on. I can then move the bbxww into its spot to give it lots more light.

I bought a second 4x4 tent for a nice dark drying room, and I'll also use it for vegging in the future. I bought an air cooled hood for the flower tent and this is working well. I decided against the cooltube because the hoods apparently reflect light better and I am very happy with it. I have put the original shade and fitting in the veg tent and plan to get either a large CFL or maybe a MH and ballast for vegging. The 2 tents are side by side with a gap in between, and currently I have an axial fan in the veg tent pushing air through to the flower tent via 150mm duct. This puts less air through than the main fan takes out so the flower tent is still negative pressure, and means all the air through both tents is filtered. The new tent is a different brand and has viewing windows which is cool, but the access is not as good as the homebox evolution.

The other 2 clones are doing well, I am very pleased with my results so far

Hi everyone,

Sorry once again for the extreme lack of updates, heres some photos to make up for it.

Main plant had already been harvested and is currently being smoked, not too bad but not the best either.

BB x WW was harvested 2 days ago and is currently drying. This plant had serious deficiency issues and the leaves were mangled, it hasn't grown even close to its potential, but the buds look surprisingly good. They are very frosty, and it wouldn't surprise if some of that is to do with the stress it went through. I will be very interested to see how it smokes, I was about ready to write the whole plant off at one point.

So all I have left is the 2 clones of the original plant, photos below. They will probably be ready in a couple of weeks, they are beginning to ripen already.

P.S made some brownies for easter weekend, ate far too many and haven't been that stoned in a long time. I almost didn't enjoy it because it was so strong, but I was too stoned to really care. The mrs didn't touch them after the first one, they were stronger than expected!

20150406_174612.jpg

20150406_174604.jpg

20150406_174555.jpg

20150406_174543.jpg

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom