DIY CFL Deep Water Culture Grow A

So things are looking good although crowded in garden. Ph has stayed steady just under 6.0. Temps are good, mid 70's in the cab and mid 60's in the res. My only issue I would say is I am not seeing much vertical growth, although they are bushy as hell. I have been gradually raising my ppm throughout the past week by adding a little extra each time I replace the water that the plants used. They are now up to 3/4 of a gallon a day. I am now up to about 800 ppm. I am starting to think about changing over to flower soon because they are so crowded. Next time I will definitely grow 4 plants at a time. Today is 29 days since I soaked the seeds, 28 days in the system.

Niiiiiiice!!!

MG,

Nice looking plants! With those wide ass leaves it is an indica and indicas can ve short expecially in veg. If they have enough light then then might not grow all that tall in veg. If they were mine and I was worried about the height ( I wouldn't be) I'd move my like about a foot higher and give them some purposeful stretch to open them up a little for the under bud to come. However, when you do go the 12/12 they will end up 3x their veg height anyway. Your call now on how you want your plants to look. As crowded as they are, short and stocky is good. Give you options like netpot tipping. Roots are nice. A very nice grow!

So things are looking good although crowded in garden. Ph has stayed steady just under 6.0. Temps are good, mid 70's in the cab and mid 60's in the res. My only issue I would say is I am not seeing much vertical growth, although they are bushy as hell. I have been gradually raising my ppm throughout the past week by adding a little extra each time I replace the water that the plants used. They are now up to 3/4 of a gallon a day. I am now up to about 800 ppm. I am starting to think about changing over to flower soon because they are so crowded. Next time I will definitely grow 4 plants at a time. Today is 29 days since I soaked the seeds, 28 days in the system.

Here are some pics

DSC00204.JPG

Plants look great Mata!!! They look a great deal like my, "Mystery Indica" plants, I just harvested, did when they were 3.5 weeks old. Here is a pic:

Deep Water Culture_117.jpg

Oh yeah and MC is absolutely right about the stretch. I had done a 24 hour stretch on these and got a few inches of height. Just be warned. THEY WILL BE BUSHES!!!

Yeah they look very similar The Answer. Was that pic after you did the stretch?
When did you end up switching them and what were the results?

I am thinking stretch for 24 hours, and then maybe a few more days and switch over?

Also I only have about 3 feet of grow height when you take into account the height of the res and the light. Makes me very happy I got these bushy plants.

MC I know you use GH flora series do you switch to transitional nutes before or after you go to 12/12?

mastagrowa, i would raise those lights if you could. your plants are having no problem getting fat and happy with the light they got, but if you give them less light, they will reach for that light causing them to grow up...

Mastagrowa I like that hopefully some day it will be true. I still haven't done the stretch, I am just kind of worried about not having enough height. I only have about 36 inches of usable height with the res and the light.

I am thinking they are do a stretch of their own when I go to flower in a few days, so maybe just waiting for that would be good?

Things are proceeding along fairly nicely. Up to about a gallon of water a day now ph holding steady around 5.7 or so. ppm is up to about 900. I have been adding 15ml grow 10ml hard water micro and 5 ml bloom (all GH flora series) with each gallon I replace. Misting daily with plain ph'd water. Humidity has been around 60 percent since I realized that was a problem a couple of weeks ago. I don't think the girls could really look any better. Maybe they could be a bit taller but I am better off with bushy plants due to my lack of height.

I am about a week since my res change but since I had problems with the ph after the last res change and things are looking so good right now I am trying to hold off until I go to transitional nutes. Today is 31 days since I put the seeds in the system after soaking them for 24 hours. I am back and forth on when to put them into flower. I see a lot of people going to flower earlier than this and with my lack of room I think maybe that is the way to go but I keep remember Roseman talking about flowering too early potentially costing about 25 to 30 percent of max yield. Makes it tough to pull the trigger. Either way it wont be long now.

I really welcome all comments on these decisions

Here are today's pics
DSC002413.JPG

Angelina (Sweet Tooth)
DSC002432.JPG

Adriana (Blue Hash)
DSC002444.JPG

Abigail (Sweet Tooth)
DSC002473.JPG

Air Bath
DSC00246.JPG

yeah mata if you can wait for alternating nodes that would be best. but if they get mush taller and still no alternating id go ahead and switch. i budded mine at 8 " and they are now about 34 +-. so they will be growing quite a bit more. but they are looking excellent. keep it up man.

Matagrower, I wish you could find time to post those pics in the Deep Water Culture Home and in the Show your Deep Water Culture Grow thread too. Those are some AWESOME Roots and growth to show off.

I actually didn't realize that would be appropriate Roseman. I am more than happy to post these pics in those threads. Will do so immediately.

I love a fat indica! So much prettier than those scrawny sativas. Good job Mata! +reps

Thanks OBX like they say "I like a little weighty on my lady"

Switched over to 12/12 and transitional nutes on the 14th. Everything is looking good. The ph was rising for a couple of days after the res change again but this time I was all over it and just kept giving it micro doses of ph down. I switched out 4 of the 5100k bulbs and replaced them with 2700K so I now have 6 2700K and 2 5100K bulbs. I'll get some pics up later today most likely.

Hey brother, everything looks great so far. I just got done my first Deep Water Culture grow around Christmas time. I also use a full CFl setup including DIY homemade fixtures with reflectors. If you have any questions feel free to hit me up man, keep up the good work.

-Hoss

Back
Top Bottom