Deep Water Culture Grow Journal, 1st Timer, No Experience

Re: Deep Water Culture Grow Journal, 1st timer, No exp..

Photo0212.jpeg

vegged 3 weeks, just started flowering light schedule and flushed veg nutes for bloom nutes. I know 3 weeks aint long, but idc its a mirco fast grow.

thanks sf lol. yeah im hoping for at least 2-3 female. and i am also hoping they just turn into some monster lil colas lol ima throw you some rep

They are looking nice and healthy. And three weeks may be enough, sometimes you don't have the room for much more growth. Good luck man!
thanks FpF, yeah and i also figured like, i have seen in threads that they can stretch up to 3x, so i didnt want huge ones ya know? im hoping they can decide when they are ready to start showin sexes, but they are definately under 12/12 and bloom nutes :thanks:

oh, and one more thing that sort of concerns me, is, my roots in the past couple of days have been developing a brownish tint, they are not a ball yet or anything like that, still little stringy but idk if it is the nute change on the roots that is makin them discolored, not smelling like rot or algae really, but a brownish tint,, what you guys think?

oh, and one more thing that sort of concerns me, is, my roots in the past couple of days have been developing a brownish tint, they are not a ball yet or anything like that, still little stringy but idk if it is the nute change on the roots that is makin them discolored, not smelling like rot or algae really, but a brownish tint,, what you guys think?

I've seen so many photos of totally brown, nasty looking roots here, all tinted from nutes. Like JapanFreak says, if they smell good no worries.:bravo:

what should my ppm be right now? i just got my tds meter and it read around 950ppm. but then i took water straight from the sink, and it was around 430ppm. so what i am left wiith 520ppm for nutes? is that alright, considering im at first week 12/12?

Yes that means you have 520ppm nutes. That is kind of low for that point in your grow but each plant likes a particular level. How do you plants look?

Are the leaves pointing up? If they are pointing up that means more nutes please and if they are pointing down that mean stop giving me so many nutes. To many nutes is also indicated by small brown spots on the leaves. I know I'm almost at max level of nutes when the very tip of the leaf starts to yellow.

To go from the 520ppm nutes level to something like 900-1000 should be done over several res changes. Add about 200ppm per res change and see how they do.

This is all just part of learning how to read the plant and responding to that need.

Yes that means you have 520ppm nutes. That is kind of low for that point in your grow but each plant likes a particular level. How do you plants look?

Are the leaves pointing up? If they are pointing up that means more nutes please and if they are pointing down that mean stop giving me so many nutes. To many nutes is also indicated by small brown spots on the leaves. I know I'm almost at max level of nutes when the very tip of the leaf starts to yellow.

To go from the 520ppm nutes level to something like 900-1000 should be done over several res changes. Add about 200ppm per res change and see how they do.

This is all just part of learning how to read the plant and responding to that need.

to be honest i think i have been starving them in that case, leaves are ALWAYS pointing up, and one of them has actually kinda stopped growing and is almost a pale green, slight tint of yellow but i wanna give it some more nutes right now....so what can i add in just a little? not enough to make them go crazy but just to get them up to speed? i gave them a flush about 4 days ago. and also note: the roots have almost a pink on them from the nutes, is that ok? the water isnt really pink but the roots seem to have absorbed the color..

If I were you I would drain a gallon. To that gallon I would add about 1/4 of your current dose. You are running at about 1/2 the dose right now and we want to inch it up over the next 3-4 days. Add the w/4 nutes today and then wait a couple of days and see how they respond. If they look good after 3 days give them another 1/4 dose. When you do your next res change do a full dose.

What nutes are your using and are you using the SH tank or DIY? I can give it to you in ML/TSP when I know.

Pink roots are nothing to worry about. Some strains just do that. Usually happens on the tips or right at the water line

thank you so much MC!! you have all the answers at a fingertips length away, much appreciated. Yes i have the SH nutes, so should i use 1/4 pack of micro and bloom with that gallon i drain? and you were spot on about the roots, just the tips are pink, where they meet the water, that was a right on guess!

is it a bad idea to start topping after the first week of flowering?
Just been lookin at pruning, and was thinking i could try that, but idk if its appropriate at this point in time.

is it a bad idea to start topping after the first week of flowering?
Just been lookin at pruning, and was thinking i could try that, but idk if its appropriate at this point in time.

I'm with FF & MC for what it's worth. If you have a height issue try supercropping or LST. I understand the desire to try out the shit you just read about, but save it for grow #2 unless there is no option.

Miller, buddy - your pic on post #64 is looking amazing. I know you said you have one keeper, it's going to kill my plant. My plant didn't look anywhere near that healthy in veg.

I'll be following your grow, can't wait to see the progression.

Back
Top Bottom